***DCS: AJS-37 Coming to DCS: World!***

Cobra847

What conditions must be exceeded to get a compressor stall?

I guess that will be lot of fun to find out... just like the MiG-21 that gets a compressor stall as soon as it gets too fast in level flight at ~11km somewhere around M2.2... pinkiepieexcited.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I think 18° AOA.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

SAAB is fine with us doing the Viggen. :)

And yes, we've spent time with I believe at least 4 different airframes! Many many hours, in fact. :)

Oh very cool! That sounds like so much fun that is your actual job.. :D

Simply put: if SAAB didn't like the idea of a DCS Viggen we wouldn't be getting one. If you want to use someone else's trade marks or designs commercially you need to license the design from the owner, or risk lawsuits for trademark infringement.

Edit: whoops. Cobra beat me to it. :)

Yeah that makes sense. I think it's cool that they endorse it ^^

Devs mentioned 18 degrees AoA, generally speaking among jet engines high throttle settings make compressor stalls more violent.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

generally speaking among jet engines high throttle settings make compressor stalls more violent.

What? I`m sure you mean at low speeds. I am not sure if that applies to the RM8 seeing as it`s a newer engine, such compressor surges used to occur before 80´engines, not so after that (thinking of military aircraft).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What? I`m sure you mean at low speeds. I am not sure if that applies to the RM8 seeing as it`s a newer engine, such compressor surges used to occur before 80´engines, not so after that (thinking of military aircraft).

The RM8 is a 60s engine. :-)

• Like 1

Oh my I might've had a crisis, my body and my wallet are ready

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Nope. The JA 37 got a newer engine (RM8B) that was considerably better at high alpha etc but since it had an extra compressor stage the entire airframe had to be lengthened by about a decimeter to fit it. The AJS 37 was effectively an avionics upgrade only and they didn't want to spend too much on it since the Gripen was just around the corner.

• Like 1

All this look so stunningly good that we end up seaching for the smallest details.

I even noticed the pilots blue scarf in some photos.

Didn't se the clear protective visor down on the helmet, and the visor cover is still covering the sunshade visor. Guess the pilots have jumped into the plane in a rush since it's wartime... ;-)

Nice as hell... I grew up with the viggen flying on top of us every week. Back then it was no problem flying a few hours a day, now it cost too much to have the planes in the air :(

But why don't we get the latest JA-37D?? That was a bit more modern :)

Redwine and dark rum makes you happy... Safe flights and happy landings.

Nice as hell... I grew up with the viggen flying on top of us every week. Back then it was no problem flying a few hours a day, now it cost too much to have the planes in the air :(

But why don't we get the latest JA-37D?? That was a bit more modern :)

Well first maby they simply wanted to make a Attack Viggen instead of a Fighter Viggen

(and for an Attack Viggen the AJS 37 would be more modern then the initial AJ 37).

And secondly it would be harder to get all the info as the JA 37D especially has allot of systems that might still be classified (or atleast much harder to get full access to).

And it also makes more sense to add a strike Viggen atm due to the aircraft roster in the game.

Since there are no fast strike aircraft and no aircraft with Anti-ship missiles in the game atm and also no aircraft with Air-Ground radar so the AJS 37 will be first with all those things.

Where as the JA 37 would be just another modern 1980s fighter just like many of the fighters already in game with similar performance and weapons capabilities and thus would not really add allot of new capabilities to the game.

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 1

Well , that one is from Belsimetk, this is Leatherneck

Doh! You're right!

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Can't wait for AJS-37. Iconic Cold War fighter for me. The unique double-delta/canard layout combined with the classic camo paint scheme and Sweden's roundels... I just love it.

But as a rule, I am primarily an air-to-air fan when it comes to long term flight simming, so I will probably spend most of my time flying it in dogfights despite its predisposition to ground attack and ant-ship roles.

If they JA-37 were available, I would be happy, too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish somebody released Mig-23 MLD.

I can remember Cobra stating that they'll do get us a MiG-23, but not when. They just said it's not going to be the next one. That was before we even had any announcement after the MiG-21bis release at all. I'd really appreciate the MLD very much, as well as a 27K. Or a Panavia Tornado IDS since they're doing their first two seater steps already with the 'cat and it would be a similarly cool aircraft as the Viggen.

Hmm, just as I'm writing this, the fact they're all variable geometry winged comes to my mind... I guess that is one thing which makes planes about 20% cooler dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I can remember Cobra stating that they'll do get us a MiG-23, but not when. They just said it's not going to be the next one. That was before we even had any announcement after the MiG-21bis release at all.

They indicated a desire to do so, but as it is repeated ad nauseum: Everything is subject to change.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Was from my point sadly before they formed Leatherneck, at this time Beczl started with the MIG-21 as Leader after he leave cobra formed Leatherneck and they Quit the MIG-23.

After Leatherneck was more or less new third Party Devloper with other interests there nothing to complaign about it. As allways subject to change some day we get possible a MIG-23.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Was from my point sadly before they formed Leatherneck, at this time Beczl started with the MIG-21 as Leader after he leave cobra formed Leatherneck and they Quit the MIG-23.

After Leatherneck was more or less new third Party Devloper with other interests there nothing to complaign about it. As allways subject to change some day we get possible a MIG-23.

This is not correct, there was an interview with Cobra when they were already Leatherneck and he stated that they were very interested in a MIG23 but it would not be their next project.