***DCS: AJS-37 Coming to DCS: World!***

Cobra847

The HUD is indeed quite different from what most of us are used to from Falcon 4.0, A-10C and other aircraft that has been simulated in mainstream "games" over the years. Not having the airspeed in the HUD will probably be a bit annoying at first (though the mach meter is located quite OK)

Welcome to the 3rd Generation, where the HUDs are basically gunsights and the fights are rear-aspect!:thumbup:

Don't care ! Release it before Christmas because I will be far from my computer all the next year ! :D

54856-200.png

This :thumbup:

We don´t mind if you guys don´t upload videos if the release is near.

We understand you are working on it.

Please! release it before Christmas

The vertical bars are the best part of the Viggen HUD. I haven't seen anything like them in any other HUD I can recall. They are a quick way to tell you if your flight path is currently on the planned altitude. Imagine that the bars form a colonnade stretching off into the distance ahead of you. You want to fly along the tops of the columns, so to do this you align the tops of the bars with the artificial horizon. If you do that, you're at the planned altitude (as per the nav path). If the tops of the bars are above the horizon, you're too low (you're flying below the tops of the bars and looking "up" into the colonnade) and vice versa.

This is just keeps popping into my head every time I see the HUD.

hqdefault.jpg

Gotta admit I had no interest in this module aside from owning a toy when I was a kid, but your videos and apparent care and detail put into the plane have won me over. I'm very interested in her capabilities...excited for more info.

Will buy.

Gotta admit I had no interest in this module aside from owning a toy when I was a kid, but your videos and apparent care and detail put into the plane have won me over. I'm very interested in her capabilities...excited for more info.

Will buy.

That nice to hear :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Don't care ! Release it before Christmas because I will be far from my computer all the next year ! :D

54856-200.png

This :thumbup:

We don´t mind if you guys don´t upload videos if the release is near.

We understand you are working on it.

Please! release it before Christmas

Today Mi-8 campaign, not a word about Viggen...

Next week, 16 december, Spitfire release...

The week after, Christmas, maybe a miracle but I presume they will be in holidays...

So, the closest seems to be 30 december, only two days before I go away for at least one year...

I'm ****ed up !!!.... :cry_2:

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Today Mi-8 campaign, not a word about Viggen...

Next week, 16 december, Spitfire release...

The week after, Christmas, maybe a miracle but I presume they will be in holidays...

So, the closest seems to be 30 december, only two days before I go away for at least one year...

I'm ****ed up !!!.... :cry_2:

Russian Xmas/Holiday is in January!

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

I'm a bit sad that ED does not mention anything about their estimated delivery of new modules in the news letter at all (read Viggen). The audience asks this a lot and is mostly kept in the dark by ED and then the newsletter comes with some (for me) minor happening and no real outlooks.

Given that the ED page don't even supply previews of Viggen, gives me a feeling that Viggen is not even on their agenda yet. LN is probably trying to push for ED to do the needed activities so that Viggen can be released, but my feeling is that ED just can't cope with that right now.

- The team tries to set up a WWII map with all included, as well as the Spitfire

- The team also work on the DCS future (including building a platform that can handle multiple maps)

- And on top of that we have normal patching and fixing... which partly is done twice to handle the current multiple platforms.

...and of course, our missing Viggen (and other modules)... which I feel is being placed waaaay behind in the waiting line for now.

... I just fear that quality will be affected if this paralell work will continue, and I do want the Viggen, but not at the cost of lacking quality and stability on the DCS platform.

Hope I'm wrong and all is good :-)

For now I'll just fire up the F-5 and do some dogfighting with the Mig-21 ;-)

Edited by dcshobbis

Regards

HoBBiS

Simpit: i7 8700k, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, Oculus Rift-S, Grip: Virpil Constellation Alpha. Throttle: Virpil Mongoos T-50CM2 all mounted on a IKEA office chair with the Monstertech office chair kit.

Ok, devils advocate time: The community goes completely obnoxious if the devs (ED or others) event hints on release dates and they get for some reason get delayed, so they not touching the subject is completely understandeable. Why risk the tantrum?

I think the simplest explanation is that the Viggen just isn't ready yet. A video posted a week ago has minor but obvious bugs, and a screenshot posted in the same thread several days later is described as a WIP. LNS has stated that their goal is to release in such a way as to minimize the amount of required bug fixes afterwards. ED, even if they know a potential target release date, can't really say much until LNS has a firm idea of when they'll be ready.

I think the simplest explanation is that the Viggen just isn't ready yet. A video posted a week ago has minor but obvious bugs, and a screenshot posted in the same thread several days later is described as a WIP. LNS has stated that their goal is to release in such a way as to minimize the amount of required bug fixes afterwards. ED, even if they know a potential target release date, can't really say much until LNS has a firm idea of when they'll be ready.

If this is true, they should have said it. In the AMA after the livestream and the trailer, they said that it will be here definetly this year, before or in christmas. Of course we are not there yet but hearing nothing from ED, and there is only one week left to xmas means that it will be an "instant release" or we will deal again with the delaymeister.

Ok, devils advocate time: The community goes completely obnoxious if the devs (ED or others) event hints on release dates and they get for some reason get delayed, so they not touching the subject is completely understandeable. Why risk the tantrum?

Because people may be holding on to that money to give the module as a Christmas present, time constraints, some sort of expectation, reduced frustrations after day-to-day checking for news and seeing no Viggen, (off chance but still) maybe someone was holding off on vacation days and wanted to save them for the viggen release and go ham....

They will displease the community with delays? If they hold on to the product for an eternity after promising a release and never providing a timeframe or date it just seems like vaporware. Subliminally reduces the reality of the product at the same time hype goes down. Especially with silence, the standing of the developer goes down. This built up demoralization ends up making the "hype-leak" larger and draining more hype from the community. In the ends this ends up with more headaches for everyone with no benefit in the end (if anything more negatives).

In the end this conditions the consumer to be frustrated from the time from announcement for development down to the actual release date with sharp increases during these times of delays.

I'd rather be an informed and slightly disappointed consumer than frustrated and left in the dark.

If they weren't prepared for a release, making announcements on products prematurely when they don't even have a demo reel of the aircraft is on them. Half these 3rd party developers just drop plane announcements randomly because they just felt they may work on that at some point. If each plane is going to take 1-2 years to complete, announcing development on 3 planes ends up being up to 3-6 years of development schedule baring delays and parallel development on updating, bugfixing, and unforeseen circumstances. Not only is it hard to find people who play the same game/simulator for years, but it is hard to ind a product that has survived 10 years without major overhauls etc... These developer also have to then bring their older aircraft to newer DCS standards in future DCS releases. This also brings up another point. Will DCS last 5 more years? 10 more years? will it end up being a different engine altogether where all previous aircraft and systems may also completely have to be redone due to new engine API's?

There's plenty of good reason to NOT announce things until you're good and ready and giving time estimates is part of ANY job/career (Especially programming! I remember having to go through the trouble of finding my speed in my first development job compared to my proprietary projects which I could work on at my leisure). Understandably you have to deal with more bureaucratic red tape when requesting information on these combat aircraft, but its not their first rodeo per say. In fact, if there's announcements on development when necessary documentation (or anything pertinent for that matter) has not been secured for development then that's just irresponsibility.

Don't use "Devil's advocate" as a way to excuse lack of critical thinking and research.

• Like 1

These guesses feel like they exist only to stir the pot.

As far as I know, no one in here knows how long the certification process is. I'm going to assume that everything is fine, because I've been given no indication to feel otherwise. To do anything else is just guesses and assumptions, both of which do little good and contribute negatively, in my opinion.

I know we're all very excited for the Viggen, so let's try to keep it positive.

DistantStatic I agree with you. The worst case sceneario is a delay not caused by LN but from ED that will make lose the Hype and therefore a huge loss of profit.

I think that LN really knows his sitation and knows when their modules are "ready" by today.

We must understand that the hype created here is huge, bigger than other module ever realeased so this is "fragile"

Edited by il_corleone

These guesses feel like they exist only to stir the pot.

As far as I know, no one in here knows how long the certification process is. I'm going to assume that everything is fine, because I've been given no indication to feel otherwise. To do anything else is just guesses and assumptions, both of which do little good and contribute negatively, in my opinion.

I know we're all very excited for the Viggen, so let's try to keep it positive.

Well, for me, no indication means nothing.

nothing good or nothing bad. The same even as bad.

Edited by il_corleone