***DCS: AJS-37 Coming to DCS: World!***

Cobra847

Great show of the Viggen in Grudge Match, it did really well, especially for an unreleased module.

Was impressive to watch the low level flying, the movements really reminded of what one has seen on videos online.

Air to air was doing better than I would have expected, and the ship strike attacks were really impressive. Thunder! :)

Look really forward to its release.

Great post about the radar systems as well, some very interesting hints at what we will have to work with. :)

:thumbup:

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Thanks HOOK, I really enjoyed the match, and you did an awesome job as commentator! I hear the NFL is looking for a new voice ;)

I'm very impressed by the Fishbed Teams coordination, I would have loved to hear their radio chatter. You can easily argue that the Viggen and it's weapons are still work in progress and other map technical aspects but in the end it showed that it's not only the hardware that matters but rather tactics and skills! And that should be a motivation for all to learn and improve no matter what aircraft you prefer to fly.

Once again, thanks for an awesome experience I never would have guessed I would be a part of!

• Like 1

"Dogfight: He who pulls the stick most violently shall win"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FSSB R3 Warthog - Cougar TUSBA - TPR - Valve Index - AW3418DW

i7-6700K OC @4.9GHz - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - Trident Z CL14 32GB 3200MHz - M.2 950 PRO 512GB + MP510 1920 GB

Will the Viggen requires a lot of hat switches, like the A-10C?

Well, the real thing doesn't really have that many hat switches since it's a fairly old design, before the whole HOTAS concept whent completely bonkers like it has on the A-10C :P Of course you will probably benefit from having a lot of switches on your hotas anyways. :-)

... 2 pages back of this thread there is a good info on the status

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Something I noticed during the Grudge Match, does anybody know what this panel is for at first glance it looks like CM but the viggen doesn't carry any internally.

viggen_zpsopjqnwea.png

That would be one of the four air brakes.

If I remember correctly, the holes are there to help reducing the nose down movement of the aircraft at high speeds with them deployed.

Fun fact: The air brakes will automaticly retract at M= 0.92 because of the powerful nose down tendencies at transonic speeds.

Edited by MYSE1234

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

That would be the one of the four air brakes.

If I remember correctly, the holes are there to help reducing the nose down movement of the aircraft at high speeds with them deployed.

Fun fact: The air brakes will automaticly retract at M= 0.92 because of the powerful nose down tendencies at transonic speeds.

Ahh interesting, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Member of Combined-Ops-Group

Aren't the holes in the airbrake there so that you get more turbulence, hence even more drag ?

Similar to the SK60 airbrake?

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

Aren't the holes in the airbrake there so that you get more turbulence, hence even more drag ?

Similar to the SK60 airbrake?

Yeah, that's probably true that the perforations add a lot of induced drag, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they were added to help with the nose down tendencies. I'll try and find some answers on the matter.

But it may very well be me just making stuff up in my head from all the reading on the aircraft.

I do know for sure that not all Viggens had the perforated air brakes though. Probably the prototypes or the ones built early in the production.

For example one that doesn't have them is 37800, which i think is one of the later prototypes since it's a SK37.

12115581_10153659469762500_4146914143712232325_n.jpg?oh=d4936663b801d8eb6e63c5a27a98430d&oe=58EB65CB

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

I'm curious, how do you launch Mavericks with this aircraft ?

There is a thread with some informatino related to that: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=177993

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

its just a matter of where the Viggen module is at currently.

What do you mean 'where'? Did someone misplace it..? ;)

Seriously though, I can wait. Come to think of it, I don't have any other option. It will be out when it's out.

Although I could go for some more shots and vids, while I'm waiting...