AJS-37 Viggen livery wishes and discussions

CHSubZero

Oh god I want a J29 Tunnan (alongside J35 Draken and F-4 Phantom) from Leatherneck. Wonder what the next plane after Corsair will be. Luckily I am only 56, so I have many years left to embrace their comming pieces of art. I'll buy them all. But this is not the wish-thread, I know, sorry. Could not help myself in the joy of AJS37..

What I had in mind was that it would be really cool with Viggen in different (fictional) UN-liveries!!

I think we need a fictional StarWars Rebel Alliance skin. Because if the X-Wing fighter were a Jet, the Viggen is what it would look like. I sure am gonna feel like Luke in the ditch of the Deathstar when I am skimming the waves headed for the soviet fleet ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

\\\S.D. Plissken... American, Lieutenant: Special Forces Unit "Black Light". Two Purple Hearts, Leningrad and Siberia. Youngest man to be decorated by the President. Then you robbed the Federal Reserve Depository... life sentence, New York maximum security penitentary.

\\\My Specs

ASUS Maximus IX Code / i7 7700K / 32GB DDR4@3600MHz / MSI GeForce 1080Ti / Samsung M.2 960 EVO / ACER PREDATOR X34A / TM Warthog / MFG Crosswind Pedals / TIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

I have an interesting one for all of you talented skin makers out there! :D

RAF_90s.jpg~original

The artist also painted an airfix model too :thumbup:

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=294&t=38737

Image0715.jpg~original

Most are RAF but there are some more fictional ones in here for the RCAF, and USAF:

http://s233.photobucket.com/user/Scorchi0/media/Profiles/Viggen/USAF_SEA2.jpg.html

USAF_EU1.jpg

RAF_Iraq.jpg

CAF_80s.jpg

I mean hey, the A10C has a lot of fictional paint schemes default even! Why not this ol' bird? :music_whistling:

Edited by Ice_Cougar

An Australian one? The RAAF had the Viggen as one of the options for our Mirage III replacement

"We carried out many trials to try to find the answer to the fast, low-level intruder, but there is no adequate defense."

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all

An Australian one? The RAAF had the Viggen as one of the options for our Mirage III replacement

That would've been badass! But the RAAF decided to get the "pig" as it's main strike plane...which I'm fine with as the Aardvark is amongst my favorite planes of all time. :pilotfly:

I can't even describe how much I like the look of the CF-12A Thunderbolt. Haha. So cool ������ please please please someone make that one!!!

Haha glad others agree with me on these fictional skins. I'm sure someone will make a CF-12A Thunderbolt and post it if the Viggen gets a skin competition! :thumbup:

I found some more fictional liveries by the same artist! If anyone could help me identify him/her, that would be great as I love fictional aircraft liveries, and I've actually found these pictures from said artist all over the aviation community.

For instance, I found these Spanish Air Force JA-37 on Pintrest:

7e285260d96cd78f79605edde45ba330.jpg

Esp_2.jpg~original

As per OziRekt's request:

RAAF_3.jpg~original

RAAF_2.jpg~originalRAAF_1.jpg~original

Also found a RNoAF Fictional Scheme:

RNoAF.jpg~original

Austrian Air Force/Österreichische Luftstreitkräfte Scheme

AT.jpg~original

Theres an amazing album of these pictures here: http://s233.photobucket.com/user/Scorchi0/media/Profiles/Viggen/JASDF_1.jpg.html (Just be sure to scroll through them!) :thumbup:

Edited by Ice_Cougar

Here is a Fictional Danish Skin for the AJ 37.

Viggen_Denmark94.jpg

And Denmark was one of the nations the Saab 37E Eurofighter project was marketed towards (Export variant of the Viggen that competed with the F-16 for the replacement of the F-104 for Belgium,Denmark,The Netherlands and Norway)

So its one of the more Plausible fictional skins.

Here is a Fictional Danish Skin for the AJ 37.

Viggen_Denmark94.jpg

And Denmark was one of the nations the Saab 37E Eurofighter project was marketed towards (Export variant of the Viggen that competed with the F-16 for the replacement of the F-104 for Belgium,Denmark,The Netherlands and Norway)

So its one of the more Plausible fictional skins.

A Luftwaffe or RNAF scheme one would also be interesting as they were looking for a replacement for their mostly anti-ship/air-superiority Starfighters non?

KLU-90s.jpg~original

Luftwaffe_1.jpg~original

Also here is another Fictional Danish scheme (replacements for their upgraded Drakens perhaps?):

Flyvevabnet.jpg~original

My god there are so many possibilities. :D

Edited by Ice_Cougar

Just count on the danish being renamed to F-37 and RF-37 (If we got the recce version) did that on the J35. (So yes we already had one F-35 in service here, that actually worked very very well, and an RF 35.)

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Please make those Australian ones Leatherneck!!!

"We carried out many trials to try to find the answer to the fast, low-level intruder, but there is no adequate defense."

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all

As the granted would-be importer Nation for the mighty Viggen and longest user of the mighty old Draken I humbly request an Austrian "fictional" Skin First!

ap05_draken_03.jpg

Once when I was wandering around in night two of these skimmed over me head, AWESOME PREDATOR ... well, at the end a bit outdated maybe ;)

Here is one livery I'd like to see. More infos about this livery can be found here: http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2001/10/stuff_eng_detail_ja37_blue_peter.htm

detail_viggen_blue_peter_04.jpg

That one almost looks like a Wonderbolt paintjob, colors are pretty close, it just needs more lightning shapes to it :D

jic7gyy7.png

Cooincidence of Awesome /)^3^(\

I really need a Wonderbolt skin for the Viggen. That might be my first try when we'll be able to create custom liveries... dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

As the granted would-be importer Nation for the mighty Viggen and longest user of the mighty old Draken I humbly request an Austrian "fictional" Skin First!

ap05_draken_03.jpg

Once when I was wandering around in night two of these skimmed over me head, AWESOME PREDATOR ... well, at the end a bit outdated maybe ;)

I consider the "J35 Draken" to be one of the most beautiful airplanes ever concieved (if not even THE ONE). Would really like to be able to fly it in DCS some day...

I consider the "J35 Draken" to be one of the most beautiful airplanes ever concieved (if not even THE ONE). Would really like to be able to fly it in DCS some day...

It certainly felt liek the Draken accellerated way more quickly than the Viggen during airshows when i was a kid. Also the RM6C Avon has spectacular diamonds in afterburner !

After reading a bit into the Viggen, I thought to my self "This bird would be perfect for the Swiss Air Force"

And I couldn't find a source where we even considered it. But it's easy to maintain and made for short landings and take off

So a swiss skin would be cool, preferably painted like the old Hawker Hunters since they filled a similar role as ground attack aircraft

After reading a bit into the Viggen, I thought to my self "This bird would be perfect for the Swiss Air Force"

And I couldn't find a source where we even considered it. But it's easy to maintain and made for short landings and take off

So a swiss skin would be cool, preferably painted like the old Hawker Hunters since they filled a similar role as ground attack aircraft

It was never exported because of strange internal swedish politics. :P (something about exporting weapons being bad, we ended up doing it anyways sooo...) XD

Edited by RaXha

It was never exported because of strange internal swedish politics. :P

Well there were several Export attempts =P i thought it was external Politics rather then internal ones that gave it troubles =P.

(Like the Deal with India that US blocked by not giving export permissions on some of the US designed systems / components used by the Viggen).

Politics often play a Massive part when it comes to aircraft deals so its usually easier for powerful nations like USA,France and Russia to export aircraft (Especially to nations within their Sphere of influence)

and Sweden does not have the same political power.

In some cases it could be a + being a Neutral nation (Deals with Austria for the J29,J35 and Saab 105 etc)

but in general it made nation less likely to buy the Swedish Option since it could not provide the Political advantage / security as buying from the US or Russia.

Edited by mattebubben

Well there were several Export attempts =P i thought it was external Politics rather then internal ones that gave it troubles =P.

(Like the Deal with India that US blocked by not giving export permissions on some of the US designed systems / components used by the Viggen)

Oh yea that's how it was. I guess the use of american components (like most of the engine) caused some problems. :P

Don't think the Swiss bought a jet in that time period other than the F-5E Tiger II

They flew the Mirage III besides that and where often in Sweden to practice as we where both Neutral during the Cold War and we had more space than they had !