AJS-37 Viggen livery wishes and discussions

CHSubZero

It was a big IF, but actually in the eighties the Spanish Air Force briefly considered the acquisition of the Viggen within the FACA program. SAF colour is a plain boring gray yet I would love to see the SAF marks on it.

What surprised me was how the artist actually made fictional paint trims for nations that bought/upgraded their Mig-21s as well such as Latvia, Croatia, Finland, and Romania above others.

I knew by this time that the Peruvian Air Force (supplement or replace their Su-22s), or México's Fuerza Aérea Méxicana may have also considered the aircraft, but I never knew that Spain actually considered it...The more you know! :) Come to think of it the Viggen would suite almost any nation's needs perfectly!

Btw heres the last of the 3 paint trims he made for the SAF (In-case if you haven't seen it yet):

Esp_3.jpg~original

Thanks for the info,

Ice_Cougar

• Like 1

I have an interesting one for all of you talented skin makers out there! :D

RAF_90s.jpg~original

This is what I'm talking about.....8)

It'd be REAL nice in the standard 80's RAF Camo scheme of wraparound Dark Sea Grey and Dark Green.

An 80's SAAF colourscheme would be nice too, Dark Sea Grey with PRU Blue :music_whistling:

Certainly looking forward to Friday!

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

My wish: only existing liveries. Fancy ones are bad for (my) immersion.

Well, DCS is a sandbox type game, so including different fictional liveries from different countries opens up for more options for mission makers especially with multiplayer missions without having everyone download a user made livery.

I like how ED did it with the Ka-50 where there is included fictional liveries from many countries; Norway, Sweden, Canada, Denmark, Belgium, Italy, Israel and more. The A-10 is also comes with a few.

Different version but LowVis skin:

Viggen.JPG

Cracow, Poland.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hohoho, certainly does! Although, to be unnecessarily pedantic it would have been Thunderbolt GR1 (Ground Attack, Reconnaissance) :geek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the Viggen Depicted in those pictures is not a AJS or AJ but rather JA 37s (as shown by the Armament and the Rudder).

And for a JA the FG tag would probably be the correct one.

(As it has the Same meaning as the JA tag as in Fighter first Attack Second)

But sure for the AJS the GR tag would fit.

For the AJ it could be either GA or GR.

Edited by mattebubben