HOTAS Weapon Selection: AA Gun/PCA/Magic 3 pos switch abstraction

Tic-Tac

Not sure where to post this, but think it would be great to have the Weapon Selection: AA Gun/PCA/Magic 3 selector mapped to a way switch on my HOTAS, like on the MC2000 throttle, anyone else think it should be added to the 3 pos switch abstraction section of the control mappings?

Is there any trick in order not to have to modify the lua file after each update ? Cause it disapears with the new update and it will be anoying if I have to add it after each and every update.

The problem with doing that is that preventing modification of the file will stop you from getting any new additions to the file.

You could try to make the file read only, but I haven't tested that and have no idea if it would work.

I just have my extra lines saved in a separate file, and add them after an update; it only takes 30 seconds.

Just store your stick settings in a seperate file, in case of the Trustmaster Warthog, the names DCS automatically recognizes are:

Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.lua

Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua

(in \Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Input\M-2000C\joystick)

It allows DCS to update default.lua and not break anything because DCS doesn't touch any files other then default.lua. The only downside is, when using those files, you can't use the settings panel in DCS anymore to assign that device. (you can still view the controls, but the entire column of example the throttle, becomes un-assignable, the files overrule it). So all your bindings will have to be done in those lua's.

But, as long as you keep all of your hog bindings in those files. It works great.

*edit*

For an example, see the files posted here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2921551&postcount=9

Edited by CrashO

Just store your stick settings in a seperate file, in case of the Trustmaster Warthog, the names DCS automatically recognizes are:

(in \Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Input\M-2000C\joystick)

It allows DCS to update default.lua and not break anything because DCS doesn't touch any files other then default.lua. The only downside is, when using those files, you can't use the settings panel in DCS anymore to assign that device. (you can still view the controls, but the entire column of example the throttle, becomes un-assignable, the files overrule it). So all your bindings will have to be done in those lua's.

But, as long as you keep all of your hog bindings in those files. It works great.

*edit*

For an example, see the files posted here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2921551&postcount=9

I spent so much time to understand that myself ! Thanks for the explanation, it can be very usefull for a beginner.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank Razbam a whole lot for this one little change!

Every time a new patch is issued, I have to go back and do file compares to see if the stick input profiles for the aircraft have changed versus my modded ones that are automatically backed up before being overwritten by default. I then paste back in my mods to support getting proper functionality out of the toggle switches available on my Warthog, both 3-position and 2-position.

I recently added a three-position script for this function and I am very pleased to remove it since it is now available by default. This was the only mod I had made to the Mirage 2000C, so now that is one less file I need to check/update :) I wish the other aircraft I have on my list would do the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]