"ARGO" DCS UH-1H SP Campaign - Upcoming DLC

gregzagk

i started next to the load and it auto hooked when i started the engine..

i did a hover check into a hover within egt.

so i then increased the hover to the end of the cable.

still within max egt or 30 minutes continuous.

i then used a burst of max temp to lift and accelerate.

and was back off the collective within 5 seconds and cruising at 60-70mph.

in the cruise the egt was back on 610c (where i tend to keep it :) max continuous power)

to land the load i slowed quite early. came in slow (40mph) then used a short burst to brake and plonk it down next to the artillery. with autohook.

again all within limits.

trying to do it all at once will overstress the engine (or not in DCS). but if you split it up into chunks then you can manage each chunk within limits.

the wind in this mission really makes your pedal work interesting.

Edited by Quadg
edited for contradiction.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing! :)

That's more or less how I was doing with a straight approach (meaning by that, hooking the cargo directly instead of lifting then auto-attaching). Except I'm still definitely out of the margins for too long, that requires more practice!

Yeah, the pedals, joystick and throttle are not really static in those manoeuvres :D

@D500, hope you could go further in the mission!

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Haha, good point. I hope you got it sorted out? I just finished mission 8 and that was probably the most demanding mission I ever did with the Huey so far. I think it took me maybe 7 or 8 attempts (I didn't count). But the feeling after having it achieved is pretty cool :-) My experience is in the spoiler (don't read if you haven't finished mission 8 yet).

I did not 100% follow the orders though and hooked the cargo while hovering above it. I had too many troubles (and too many crashes) when I tried to start from the ground. Once I've got error messages I never had (oil pressure and whatever).

When I finally hooked the cargo for the first time, I suddenly got a warning light about the governor. In a short moment of "panic", I did a hectic movement and the rope tore again.

Next attempt when I finally found the carrier (those lights in the distance are helpful), my landing approach was not good - and I didn't raise the collective soon enough when going below 20 knotes...the Huey felt down like nothing and crashed into the sea.

So in my last attempt, I first overshot the carrier, so I did a slow turn and managed to deploy the cargo. I almost was too low. It would be helpful to know how high the carrier is ;-) But after that, I still had to land on the right ship. Saw one with a heli pad and thought "that's it" until I noticed that there's already a chopper on it. Finding the right ship seemed like an endless task after that long, demanding mission. But well, the MF should still lead me the way and I found the right one. I think I never landed that carefully before because it would have been horrible to throw away the mission that short before the end.

What I really learned in all those missions with sling load - trimming is your friend and watch all your instruments.

Ok

here

So I get there, spot the ginormous C-17, land, click the "hook cargo" command (without the radio works with F6-allcargo-etc...) and at minute 30:30 is where it got me.

It literally tells you "Good job captain! Now get back to the ship. Gain some altitude to avoid damaging our cargo".

So I thought, OK, it must have glitched and I have the cargo hooked and we're ready to go.

So I lift up and I THINK I have it hooked but because of the glitch it is not showing. I trod all the way back to the ship in the shittiest weather god has ever conceived (I would like to see a pilot that wants to fly in that IRL, but hey, this is a game an that is where the fun is) I make it back to the "USS somewhat Something", land on the deck, breathe a sigh of relief and click the UNHOOK cargo...

NOTHING HAPPENS!

This means I have to re-fly this thing because the scumbag major/useless copilot/even more useless aircraft commander told me we were good to go at minute 30:30...

Talk about annoying minor glitches.

Ok

here

So I get there, spot the ginormous C-17, land, click the "hook cargo" command (without the radio works with F6-allcargo-etc...) and at minute 30:30 is where it got me.

It literally tells you "Good job captain! Now get back to the ship. Gain some altitude to avoid damaging our cargo".

So I thought, OK, it must have glitched and I have the cargo hooked and we're ready to go.

So I lift up and I THINK I have it hooked but because of the glitch it is not showing. I trod all the way back to the ship in the shittiest weather god has ever conceived (I would like to see a pilot that wants to fly in that IRL, but hey, this is a game an that is where the fun is) I make it back to the "USS somewhat Something", land on the deck, breathe a sigh of relief and click the UNHOOK cargo...

NOTHING HAPPENS!

This means I have to re-fly this thing because the scumbag major/useless copilot/even more useless aircraft commander told me we were good to go at minute 30:30...

Talk about annoying minor glitches.

Replied here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3127443&postcount=32

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

WOW!!!!

Just flew mission 1 and it's VERY NICE!!!

I am not a regular Huey driver and I know I will hone my skills with this campaign. I'd say I went through the first one only one overbank, but other than that I NEVER thought I'd make to land back in ARGO, even more TWICE in the same mission!!!

Thanks a lot and congrats on the campaign!

All the best,

Sydy

Nice stats. Mine don't look that great after finishing the campaign.

It says "Missions Flow: 70", "Deaths in Campaign: 22" and "Success rate 61",

The high death rate comes from mission 8 and 12 ;-)

Anyway, it was a great campaign and definitively worth buying. No serious bugs, interesting story, very different tasks under very different conditions. Before buying, I was concerned that it might be too difficult to me, but (aside the two mentioned very difficult missions), it felt right and achievable. Some missions were a bit "easy", but they lived from the story and the events. So it was never boring.

Hopefully there will follow more Huey campaigns from Greg. Personally, I'd like to see a further campaign at Nevada, because I think it offers some good possibilities/scenarios. And with the release of the Normandy map, we'd have another option for yet another campaign. But I'll also take another Kaukasus campaign. As long as it's the Huey - count me in.

With that said, also a big Thank you to Greg and the team from my side.

Thanks a lot! Especially for the feedback during the missions.

I am working on a Nevada UH-1H Campaign concept right now.

The goal is to get it to the same level and improve any flows based on the Argo feedback. Will announce its details once it gets an official status.

Thanks again.

Greg

• Like 1

The goal is to get it to the same level and improve any flows based on the Argo feedback. Will announce its details once it gets an official status.

Thanks again.

Greg

great news.

it would be good if you add some "pack" missions. would like to ride/land and get back in a huey formation

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Thanks again.

Greg

Take my money! Best uh1 campaign I've flown!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Just finished the campaign. I enjoyed it very very much. Thanks for delivering such an great experience! Looking forward to the sequel. (Nice Cliffhanger with the last radio call after Mission No.15)

zAOWFma.jpg

Outgunned, outnumbered, though never outclassed!!!

finished the campaign now.

great pleasure to play. thanks for this good pack of missions!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same here

Thanks, I'm just wondering if I was hit and if a system failed? The red light was on ;-) I'll give it another try tomorrow.

Edit: Stupid me put the peter pilot on "returning fire". That's why the pilot didn't have control over the gun.

I experienced the same: No weapons seem to be deployed when starting up on mission 4. What exactly hast to be done to make them work?

MSI H170M-A Pro with i5-6600K @ 3.5 Ghz, 16Gb DDR4-2133, ASUS GTX 1080 TI 11 Gb DDR5 352bit, Win10 Pro,

PUMA Flight Trainer, DCS 1.5, 2.5 open beta, UH-1H, KA50, Mi8-MTV2, Gazelle.

Have a safe flight !

I experienced the same: No weapons seem to be deployed when starting up on mission 4. What exactly hast to be done to make them work?

Hello,

Do you mean that the AI gunners and pilot are not firing to targets?

Have you changed their menu to "free fire"?

Thanks

Greg

Thanx for your reply.I appreciate your response to my question.

Neither I, nor my Co-Pilot or Gunners are able to fire guns or missiles.

I didn't take into account, that making changes in the mission configuration would be part of pre-flight preparation. Let me know, if I got your words right or wrong.

MSI H170M-A Pro with i5-6600K @ 3.5 Ghz, 16Gb DDR4-2133, ASUS GTX 1080 TI 11 Gb DDR5 352bit, Win10 Pro,

PUMA Flight Trainer, DCS 1.5, 2.5 open beta, UH-1H, KA50, Mi8-MTV2, Gazelle.

Have a safe flight !

Thanx for your reply.I appreciate your response to my question.

Neither I, nor my Co-Pilot or Gunners are able to fire guns or missiles.

I didn't take into account, that making changes in the mission configuration would be part of pre-flight preparation. Let me know, if I got your words right or wrong.

I don't think that there is a problem with the campaign. Just make sure that you correctly configured the weapons systems.

Set master arm ON

And the gunners to free fire.

Please post again if you encountered any problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...