"ARGO" DCS UH-1H SP Campaign - Upcoming DLC

gregzagk

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to get it and started the first mission. So far, it feels right and the atmosphere is pretty good. Took me a while to do the cold start again after not having flown the Huey for maybe half a year. But you get used to it very quick again.

However, I think I encountered a bug? I put it into the spoiler section because it discovers some of the story of the first mission. Unfortunately I did not manage to get the thumbnail within the spoiler.

When I picked up the passenger and took of, I headed north as commanded.

But soon after, I've got the message "What a horrible accident! Mission failed. RTB immediately."

I had no idea what happened, so I turned my Huey towards the airport again. Then I saw that a landing plane seemed to have crashed into the C-130 when it wanted to park on the airfield.

Screen_170423_121346.thumb.jpg.e05f513481c5bbdeadc67ee736df55c0.jpg

I decided to get it and started the first mission. So far, it feels right and the atmosphere is pretty good. Took me a while to do the cold start again after not having flown the Huey for maybe half a year. But you get used to it very quick again.

However, I think I encountered a bug? I put it into the spoiler section because it discovers some of the story of the first mission. Unfortunately I did not manage to get the thumbnail within the spoiler.

When I picked up the passenger and took of, I headed north as commanded.

But soon after, I've got the message "What a horrible accident! Mission failed. RTB immediately."

I had no idea what happened, so I turned my Huey towards the airport again. Then I saw that a landing plane seemed to have crashed into the C-130 when it wanted to park on the airfield.

Thank you so much,

Will check it out now. I talked with many people that passed over the 1st mission without issues. That didn't happen also during the testing so I hope that it was a glitch and completely random.

Thanks again,

EDIT:

Tested and the C-17 shut down engines without colliding. The only reason I can think for an accident like that is that you may accidentaly was in its way when it landed and taxi? That way it may tried to avoid you and hit the crowd. The trigger that warns you about an accident is there in case you hit the crowd with the chopper.

Thanks again for reporting.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I'll retry the mission later. Most probably it really was random and bad luck. The plane was on the landing approach when I was just leaving the landing lane (I was taxiing there after my landing approach).

Edit: Did not happen when I played it the 2nd time.

Edited by rge75

Yeah I noticed it . Is it normal or a bug ?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I noticed the change log in Friday said "fixed CDI". Seems that this fix has broken the homing CDI

It did happen after the latest update, during testing there was no such problem. If the vertical pointer was leaning to the left you should turn left.

I consider this to be a bug created after the latest update. In my opinion although it is a bit annoying it doesn't create problems to go to the next mission or to reach the target area.

It did happen after the latest update, during testing there was no such problem. If the vertical pointer was leaning to the left you should turn left.

I consider this to be a bug created after the latest update. In my opinion although it is a bit annoying it doesn't create problems to go to the next mission or to reach the target area.

Yeh I think since the last update, the cdi behaviour has been affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of broken things, since the cargo view has a problem, it is possible to use LSHIFT+LCTRL+C to get a miniview down instead. Probably a good work-around until it's fixed, and it has the advantage of keeping the view ahead as reference.

Found that very handy for cargo/hovering-related missions.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Great campaign indeed. Flew three missions already, now on fourth. And that one I had to comment.

Weather is crap. But there are different kinds of crap, and this is one of the worst ones. The conditions are clearly IMC/IFR. This mission requires visual flying in unknown area of operations. This is a very-very risky operation. Only absolute emergency would dictate putting multi-million helicopter and it's crew at such a risk. And hunting for possibly missing refugees is certainly not one of them. This mission under given conditions should have never been planned or executed. For the gameplay purpose it's quite fun, however :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Weather is crap. But there are different kinds of crap, and this is one of the worst ones. The conditions are clearly IMC/IFR. This mission requires visual flying in unknown area of operations. This is a very-very risky operation. Only absolute emergency would dictate putting multi-million helicopter and it's crew at such a risk. And hunting for possibly missing refugees is certainly not one of them. This mission under given conditions should have never been planned or executed. For the gameplay purpose it's quite fun, however :)

Thanks for the purchase and thanks for your words and feedback.

Don't want to spoil anything for others so I get the answer into spoiler also :)

Please don't read if you didn't reach mission 4 already.

Through my perspective you are under special conditions already as the fleet was under attack during mission 3 and new rules of engagment are drawn. It states that you try to locate these "missing refugees" to gather info about the attack. The Huey wouldn't be responsible for these kind of operations in normal conditions but now you are left in the area with not many other NATO helicopters available to execute that kind of tasks.

Even in real life, Hueys in the Greek Army are "forced" to execute missions that wouldn't do in other conditions but due to the lack of other helicopters they have to do it.

So I think event if it seems a bit exreme it would be more than possible to get a task like this.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk
  • Like 1

Fair point as well. In any case, mission accomplished *phew* :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

I only did the first 2 missions so far. The difficulty level felt right to me so far (2 attempts in 1st mission, 1 attempt in 2nd mission). The "hovering part" of the 2nd mission took me quite a while though.

Luckily I did not crash when landing on the ship so far, but it's always a challenge. I'm looking forward to the next missions. If the missions will get more difficult (still NOT looking forward to the sling load though *g*), I might struggle. But so far, the missions are very fair and as already mentioned, the atmosphere is nice. I like that there is quite some other traffic around. This makes the world live and believable. So far, it feels like the money was well spent.

The very first cold start on a ship was really cool btw. The Huey already shakes nices on a normal airport, but it's even cooler on the swinging ship. I immediately felt home again after my long DCS break.

i read the briefing of 3rd mission. i think we will be doing some sling loading

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Haha, omg ;-) At least it will force me to practice on my hover capatilities.

Edit: Just finished mission 3...what shall I say. DLC campaign $9.99 - achieving the first ever sling load transport: priceless ;-)

Nice :thumbup:

Keep it up guys! Nothing is impossible :)

Greg