"ARGO" DCS UH-1H SP Campaign - Upcoming DLC

gregzagk

I had posted my unhappiness with having to buy a campaign on YouTube, but I would like to retract that. I bought this when I found out it was only a few dollars USD and am loving it, as I thought I would given the trailers. Good job guys, and thank you for a wonderful Huey campaign!!

~S

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible bug on mission 4? //////spoiler below here/////////////

After the ambush my door gunners shot up the vehicles and I couldn't recycle my task to anything other than "continue follow trucks" did i miss something? other than that i have to say thus far this campaign has been awesome! Great attention to detail and i am loving the feel of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Unfortunately I can't answer your question because I'm actually having problems in this mission myself slightly before that point. Maybe I'm just not used enough to the weapon system? See spoiler

When I'm told to deal with the truck, I can't fire either guns nor rockets (yes, the system is armed and not safe). When I switch to the co-pilot, then I'm able to fire the gun - but I can't control the Huey then (was a nice crash). So is it by design that I can't fire as pilot and do I really have to switch to the Peter pilot? Or did I simply oversee something? In the previous mission (training site), I had no problems to fire the weapons as pilot. Maybe somebody can enlighten me.

Thanks, I'm just wondering if I was hit and if a system failed? The red light was on ;-) I'll give it another try tomorrow.

Edit: Stupid me put the peter pilot on "returning fire". That's why the pilot didn't have control over the gun.

Edited by rge75

I've now played 6 missions and I gotta say this campaign is absolutely fantastic. Absolutely on par with the best campaigns around, like those of Ranger and Baltic Dragon.

Before I bought it, I was a little hesitant about how a Huey Campaign could be all that interesting, since the amount of stuff you can do with it is kinda limited compared to something like an A-10c, but the diverse nature of the missions, the conditions, the storytelling and all that more than makes up for that.

Some of the best $$$ I've spent in DCS, Greg, very well done. I hope you continue making campaigns. :)

You guys are too far ahead (mission 5 here). But maybe somebody of you can give me a hint on this mission since you already finished it. (see spoiler)

The mission itself wasn't hard IMO (we already once flew to the FOB the same way). But when I was above the FOB, I slowly went down while having the auto unhock enabled. Suddenly, I've got the message that the cargo has crashed though. So I suppose the mission was failed even though there was no message (maybe that's something that could be triggered btw?)

Anyway, my question is "how to correctly drop the cargo"? At which height should I hover? What's the desired drop rate? I just can't quite see why the cargo crashed. I didn't hit an obstacle, so I guess I dropped too quick?

Maybe the problem already was that I slightly damaged the cargo at pickup? So it wasn't very resistant on landing anymore?

So maybe somebody has some hints before I retry the mission again.

Edit: Found out myself (simply needs to start/land smoother....I had to work on my patience *g*)

Edited by rge75

I am unable to take off in Mission.

Limit one is always exhaust temp. Also it appears like a

fuel leak. Fuel goes down in a rapid manner.

I am sure I missed something here.

That's weird, I never had this.

Which mission?

Which DCS version are you using?

What exactly are you doing, step by step, so we can try and replicate?

Do you have the same problem in other missions, like the training or quick missions?

Hard to help without at least some info ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I only encounter this in Mission 3. The Mission where you hav to take off at the FARP an you have to hook the cargo. The problem occurs either with cargo hooked or without. The Huey with the proposed loadout in this mission seems kind of overloaded. But I left the payload like in the Mission Sheet/ Briefing.

My DCS Version is the current one, updated 28 April (today)

Exact step after Mission is load:

- engine start up

- choosing and hooking cargo on ground/ but problem even occurs without

- try the hover check to take off from hover (of course heading in the wind) = There is my Problem, hovering is impossible without tremendous excess of the exhaust temp limit (610 degr. I guess) even with this excess it is virtually impossible to go into hovering or even take off.

I agree wholeheartedly. Fantastic campaign.

I am stuck on 8 at the moment (I can't find any cargo where it should be), but I am probably doing something wrong. I've enjoyed the other 7 missions immensely.

Lots of variety

Congrats for reaching mission 8!

Warning spoiler ahead :)

Now this one is challenging but I believe totally worthy in the end. The cargo is a "liquid oxygen tank" which is on the back of the C-17. I will add one extra picture in the briefing as this may confuse others too.

If you land next to it you will get the F6 menu too.

Please check the next pictures.

Screen_170429_154407_zpsbjaeq5cx.jpg

Screen_170429_154503_zpszjgat351.jpg

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Thanks Greg,

But there is definitely something wrong here. I flew around for 20 minutes and there was definitely no liquid oxygen tank.

There was the C17, with a big fuel tanker directly behind it, and then a large area of ramp (lit up by the parked trucks). I looked everywhere.

One thing I did do is fly direct from the FARP to the airport (following the ADF) rather than following the route on the kneeboard. Did I maybe get there too early?

I landed at about 20 places (including right under the C-17 tail) and never got an F6 option

Hmm I just checked again both in the previous and the updated version and there are no issues on my end.

Please can you try checking if there is a cargo in the map when you open the "mission planner"?

I mean when you are in the briefing screen (select mission planner on the bottom).

It should be visible to you and that way you can verify if it's the correct spot you land in.

Greg

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

Hi Greg,

I just checked the mission editor, and the cargo is where it should be.

I will have another go at flying it tomorrow (family permitting).

Thanks again,

Neil

ps. I noticed the routing on the kneeboard and in the mission editor. Is this just a nicety, or should I be following it strictly? On this mission, I just climbed to the North up to 3000ft, and then followed the NDB direct.

Hi Greg,

I just checked the mission editor, and the cargo is where it should be.

I will have another go at flying it tomorrow (family permitting).

Thanks again,

Neil

ps. I noticed the routing on the kneeboard and in the mission editor. Is this just a nicety, or should I be following it strictly? On this mission, I just climbed to the North up to 3000ft, and then followed the NDB direct.

In this mission there's no right or wrong . You can either head towards sea or fly straight to the airport. The safest root is to go to the sea and then follow the coastline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only encounter this in Mission 3. The Mission where you hav to take off at the FARP an you have to hook the cargo. The problem occurs either with cargo hooked or without. The Huey with the proposed loadout in this mission seems kind of overloaded. But I left the payload like in the Mission Sheet/ Briefing.

My DCS Version is the current one, updated 28 April (today)

Exact step after Mission is load:

- engine start up

- choosing and hooking cargo on ground/ but problem even occurs without

- try the hover check to take off from hover (of course heading in the wind) = There is my Problem, hovering is impossible without tremendous excess of the exhaust temp limit (610 degr. I guess) even with this excess it is virtually impossible to go into hovering or even take off.

Like you, I'm also using the manual hook procedure if hovering takes too long, since I'm not yet mastering it ;)

- landing near the cargo

- F6 "All Cargos", selecting cargo

- RSHIFT+RCTRL+L to hook the cargo (manually)

- careful, vertical take off

You can remain between 610 and 625 for 30 minutes. Above that can only be sustained for only a few seconds (pg 60 in the DCS User Manual). I also have to go past the recommended EGT limit for a while, when climbing vertically high enough not to damage anything, and if I'm looking ... it's usually 640-650°C *without cargo*, way too much. Below that it remains near the ground and benefits from the ground effect.

So is this an issue with the Huey, or the initial weight? I have no idea.

It should be bad if it lasts too long I suppose.

I've noticed there was some damage if you didn't take a careful, slow vertical climb after hooking, that's probably the problem you had, and not the EGT excess. In some cases the cable may even break or unhook.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Thanks Redglyph for sharing your experience. Will try it again. I remember some forum posts whith a discussion about the engine performance of the belsimtek huey. Could also be the case that in this mission with 19 degrees outside air temp. the weight with the armament is to much.

Thanks Redglyph for sharing your experience. Will try it again. I remember some forum posts whith a discussion about the engine performance of the belsimtek huey. Could also be the case that in this mission with 19 degrees outside air temp. the weight with the armament is to much.

Even though all the weights are calculated in all missions, there were many cases in Vietnam war that the pilots had to jump on their skids in order to take off.

I saw a documentary on YouTube about this.

I know it might be difficult and you have to stress the chopper but it worth trying.

Even though all the weights are calculated in all missions, there were many cases in Vietnam war that the pilots had to jump on their skids in order to take off.

I saw a documentary on YouTube about this.

I know it might be difficult and you have to stress the chopper but it worth trying.

Unloading the weapons, either in the mission planner or with the ground crew menu, seems to make it possible without exceeding too much the exhaust gas temperature.

Perhaps that's how it's meant to be for such missions?

you can get into a safe 50 ft hover over the load without exceeding EGT limits. you can then use a burst of collective to lift and accelerate the load. without exceeding the 5 or 10 second limits on EGT.

same with landing the load at the other end.

you can cruise with the load at continuous max egt. fine.

so i dont think mission three is overloaded.

you have no door guns or gunners.

great campaign by the way.

really enjoying it :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

you can get into a safe 50 ft hover over the load without exceeding EGT limits.

How do you do that, by taking off normally, doing a circuit and stopping over the crate?

I tried but I think I had to apply more than the limit to keep enough altitude. I haven't tried very hard to be honest, that's certainly one skill to improve, that's why I enjoy those campaigns :)

UPDATE: Nope, it really needs alomst 40 PSI torque to hover high enough, and EGT is at least 640°C.

Edited by Redglyph