Campaign feedback

baltic_dragon

Please feel free to share your impressions and feedback about the campaign. That will be most useful for my future projects!

If you have a particular problem or question, please create a new thread for that, or use the bugs sub-forum. Please keep this tidy and on-topic: your thoughts after flying the campaign, things you particularly liked or did not like and your suggestions on how to make the campaign better.

Many thanks!

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hi Baltic Dragon,

where do we report bugs ?

I have an issue with the first mission. I chose to go through the startup training. I know how to do that including correct INS alignment. However, the trigger seems broken after the instructor asking me to turn on the emergency hydraulic switch. I dont have F10 comm anymore and he wouldnt continue by himself. Even when I went ahead and finished the startup, nothing happened.

Hi Baltic Dragon,

Probably better to open a new thread in this subforum for each bug.

I have an issue with the first mission. I chose to go through the startup training. I know how to do that including correct INS alignment. However, the trigger seems broken after the instructor asking me to turn on the emergency hydraulic switch. I dont have F10 comm anymore and he wouldnt continue by himself. Even when I went ahead and finished the startup, nothing happened.
This may sound stupid, but if I remember that correctly the switch has three positions. Have you tried all three?

oh yeah, another thing: He asks me to start the INS alignment in ground power, 2 seconds later my pilot answers that it is done, I didnt even have the time to flip a switch :D
Should be tied to a cockpit action, I never recall having the issue.

Hi Baltic Dragon,

Thanks, I will check this. It was broken at some point by previous release but I think I fixed it. Let me get back to you on this one.

*EDIT* It worked for me, though Gliptal was right, you have to push the pump switch forward, as now it has 3 positions. When I was building and upgrading this mission it still had 2 positions and after the change the arguments also changed, hence the problem. Good find, will fix it. The same goes for INS, will also update it when able.

I created a separate bugs thread, please post all your problems there and let's keep this thread clean for feedback.

Edited by baltic_dragon

So far I have to say that you did astonishing work. Best campaign I have played in DCS so far. Only thing I miss are exported mission briefings (like in PDF) with those attached pictures, so I could print them. Keep up the good work!

I've reached mission 5 only and I can already say that the campaign is amazing. I have seen no combat so far, but the environment and how the tension grows mission after mission is just amazing! Great work! If you ever need a voice actor for any of your future campaigns, I'd be more than happy to assist!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Alis Aquilae Aut Pax Aut Bellum"

Veritech's DCS YouTube Channel

Thank you both & please leave your feedback when you finish the campaign!

So far I have to say that you did astonishing work. Best campaign I have played in DCS so far. Only thing I miss are exported mission briefings (like in PDF) with those attached pictures, so I could print them. Keep up the good work!

I will do it in the coming week and post the whole documentation. It will also be included with one of the updates once it's ready!

I've reached mission 5 only and I can already say that the campaign is amazing. I have seen no combat so far, but the environment and how the tension grows mission after mission is just amazing! Great work! If you ever need a voice actor for any of your future campaigns, I'd be more than happy to assist!

Thank you! And I am sure I will be in touch on that!

Just finished mission 4 but didn't really finish it. Said 60 percent complete but never got prompted to merge with the L-39's. Intercepeted the transport and was told to go back to waypoint 3 which I did, with no prompts. Decided to go to wpt 4 which put me across the ACL and was told to turn around. Went to F10 and found the L-39's and joined up on them as well. No prompt. Tried different green and red freqs as on the brief still nothing. Decided to go thru the rest of the waypoints, no joy. Looked to join up on the tanker, no tanker airborne and not available via communication that was on the briefing. Here's a link to the flight recorded on twitch.

Look at past broadcast Mission 4 Radar look at 40:19 and on

Edited by viperdogsnake

on

Just finished mission 4 but didn't really finish it. Said 60 percent complete but never got prompted to merge with the L-39's. Intercepeted the transport and was told to go back to waypoint 3 which I did, with no prompts. Decided to go to wpt 4 which put me across the ACL and was told to turn around. Went to F10 and found the L-39's and joined up on them as well. No prompt. Tried different green and red freqs as on the brief still nothing. Decided to go thru the rest of the waypoints, no joy. Looked to join up on the tanker, no tanker airborne and not available via communication that was on the briefing. Here's a link to the flight recorded on twitch.

Look at past broadcast Mission 4 Radar look at 40:19 and on

Answered in the bug thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2972826#post2972826

One feedback:

Is it possible to have the briefing in PDF? Same as Red Flag Campaign for example. It is neat to have them on tablet, especially the flight plan.

In the meanwhile, does anybody know how to extract the images from these briefings?

Cheers!

I will try to post these in the few coming days!

Love the campaign so far, dialogues feel real and spontaneous, missions are immersive! :)

Silly question, what does ABL stand for? There are of course a bunch of acronyms, like in any domain, but I haven't found this one.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Love the campaign so far, dialogues feel real and spontaneous, missions are immersive! :)

Silly question, what does ABL stand for? There are of course a bunch of acronyms, like in any domain, but I haven't found this one.

ABL is the term used for the current "border" between Georgia and breakaway territories - it is the "Administrative Boundary Line", used by the EUMM (EU Monitoring Mission) which oversees it from the TCT or TAT (Tbilisi Controlled Territory or Tbilisi Administered Territory). All official terms used in the region.

Two little pitfalls for mission 2:

1) I'm not sure it's in the normal procedure, I don't think so, the pilot needs to setup his decoy release mode switch, otherwise he won't be able to throw any flare. Since it's not mentioned in the manual (or if it is, I missed it), a "reminder" could avoid many questions ;)

2) "Radial 18". I was confused at first by seeing that after the briefing panel showing radial 180. It's perhaps better to give the radial in degrees and not tens of degrees (isn't that how it's usually done? If not, my mistake).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Two little pitfalls for mission 2:

1) I'm not sure it's in the normal procedure, I don't think so, the pilot needs to setup his decoy release mode switch, otherwise he won't be able to throw any flare. Since it's not mentioned in the manual (or if it is, I missed it), a "reminder" could avoid many questions ;)

2) "Radial 18". I was confused at first by seeing that after the briefing panel showing radial 180. It's perhaps better to give the radial in degrees and not tens of degrees (isn't that how it's usually done? If not, my mistake).

Ad.1. Again, the same reason as for coordinates, this mission was built way before decoys were introduced. I'd rather just add a separate training on that, as during a semi-combat situation nobody would probably start explaining how to use it.

Ad.2. Good point & easy to change the briefing picture accordingly. Thanks.

Ad.1. Again, the same reason as for coordinates, this mission was built way before decoys were introduced. I'd rather just add a separate training on that, as during a semi-combat situation nobody would probably start explaining how to use it.

Ad.2. Good point & easy to change the briefing picture accordingly. Thanks.

For 2, I actually meant it the other way round ;) The picture is non-ambiguous, the dialogue is: if told to intercept radial 18, pilots will understand 18°, not 180°. IMHO it's always best to mention the degree unit, otherwise for small values there's always a risk of confusion (as in the map when DCS doesn't show whether it's feet or metres, which are both acceptable units in the context).

I quickly saw 18° didn't make sense, and the radar showed echoes in the general South direction so it was quickly clarified, not a real problem :)

For 2, I actually meant it the other way round ;) The picture is non-ambiguous, the dialogue is: if told to intercept radial 18, pilots will understand 18°, not 180°. IMHO it's always best to mention the degree unit, otherwise for small values there's always a risk of confusion (as in the map when DCS doesn't show whether it's feet or metres, which are both acceptable units in the context).

I quickly saw 18° didn't make sense, and the radar showed echoes in the general South direction so it was quickly clarified, not a real problem :)

I will change the picture. IRL you normally don't use 3 digit radials (you will not be asked to fly TACAN radial 183) but 2 digit ones (so 18 for 180 etc). And I want to keep the realism. Thanks!

Hello,

I made the 5 first misions, no issue at all.

Well done.

Thanks for the info, hope it stays that way :)

I will change the picture. IRL you normally don't use 3 digit radials (you will not be asked to fly TACAN radial 183) but 2 digit ones (so 18 for 180 etc). And I want to keep the realism. Thanks!

Is that specific to the military? I've never seen that in GA, for example, all references I've read on IFR, or exercices I've done, always mention radials in degrees (some omit the degree unit). And well, other radial-related missions in DCS. Or BMS. Even searching for TACAN radial, that's what I find.

For a runway, it's of course another story.

Anyway, I don't care that much, as long as the system used is clear from the start, it should work :)