Campaign feedback

baltic_dragon

I think that's a common problem in 1.5.7, hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

If you really want to continue with the campaign, it might be worth downgrading to the latest 1.5.6.

Maybe this is why I keep getting 50 pts in this mission. I also noticed I did land and take off at vaziani but the briefing at the end only showed me landing once even though the second time I went to my parking spot. Are we suppose to be right behind the IP at all times? I can never find him after I take off.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 6 months later...

Hi Baltic Dragon,

Just finished the last mission of this marvellous campaign.

This was really fun and the last mission is just perfect (congrats to all the voiceovers, lot of immersion there :) )

And thanks again for your continued support on this campaign it was perfect and I'm really looking forward for the Red Flag mission (soon I hope !)

Thanks again, I think I will give it another try in a few weeks :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished it.

The last formation flight was definitly a huge goosebumb moment. Great way of looking into the future! :)

Also the last transmission while taxiing is a wonderfully way of ending such a great campaign.

I haven't flown multiplayer for some time, but this was the most fun I'ver ever had in DCS singleplayer.

Thx alot for all the work! Looking forward to Nevada now :)

I was just missing the Battlefield main theme at the final formation flying:

:D:D:D:megalol:

image.png

• 4 months later...

Hi BD,

Having only picked up the M2000 recently I have to commend you on a great campaign. It worked brilliantly as a supplement to the training materials and helped to ease you in to the aircraft. Whilst also having a good balance of complexity, story and most importantly fun!

Having played through several campaigns now for various modules, both “free” with the aircraft and premium purchases; like many have said before, I agree that this is one of the best examples of how to do it.

Some of the little touches really added to the experience such as the designated start and end positions, and the need for radio management.

The only thing that springs to mind that would make a nice improvement is around the documentation. I would love to see the use of briefing cards with the various pieces of information, something like how Maple Flags briefing packs are done. Although, I appreciate this might not be to everyone’s taste.

Thanks again for the excellent work and your reponses to bugs and questions. I guess this means I’m going to have to purchase the M-2000C Red Flag Campaign now. Woe is me!

Hi BD,

Having only picked up the M2000 recently I have to commend you on a great campaign. It worked brilliantly as a supplement to the training materials and helped to ease you in to the aircraft. Whilst also having a good balance of complexity, story and most importantly fun!

Having played through several campaigns now for various modules, both “free” with the aircraft and premium purchases; like many have said before, I agree that this is one of the best examples of how to do it.

Some of the little touches really added to the experience such as the designated start and end positions, and the need for radio management.

The only thing that springs to mind that would make a nice improvement is around the documentation. I would love to see the use of briefing cards with the various pieces of information, something like how Maple Flags briefing packs are done. Although, I appreciate this might not be to everyone’s taste.

Thanks again for the excellent work and your reponses to bugs and questions. I guess this means I’m going to have to purchase the M-2000C Red Flag Campaign now. Woe is me!

Thanks a lot for the kind words! As for the docs, these are pretty simple on purpose for this campaign but I am sure that if (when) you pick up the Red Flag you will find the documents and kneeboards to be pretty complex (and even more so in some of the missions but I don’t want to spoil the surprise).

Once you start flying please post the feedback on RF as well- always looking for ways to improve my campaigns!

Cheers!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hello!

Awesome campaign so far, but I'm stuck at the refueling mission. No matter what I try, the plane just is so twitchy and seems to corrects my input by itself. I can't understand how to do it. I tried many things, including tuning axis' and switching the FBW mode to "Charge", but I just can't make it.

Hello!

Awesome campaign so far, but I'm stuck at the refueling mission. No matter what I try, the plane just is so twitchy and seems to corrects my input by itself. I can't understand how to do it. I tried many things, including tuning axis' and switching the FBW mode to "Charge", but I just can't make it.

It would help if the tanker was flying about 20kts faster.

However, the only real advice one can give you in this situation is practice, practice, practice. There is no "easy" way to do AAR.

Hello!

If that will make you feel better - me neither. No problem with the Harrier, but M2K remains impossible for me to refuel...

If that will make you feel better - me neither. No problem with the Harrier, but M2K remains impossible for me to refuel...

It takes a lot of practice. I think it's a little bit harder than the harrier. Anyways, I actually stopped by for something else. As you know I'm replaying the campaign and I found another small issue. Not really a bug per se but a tweak. On mission 07: Hotel 5 when artemes gives you the lat/long coordinates after converting the MGRS they seem spoken kind of fast. Usually that's not a problem because you have the subtitles. Except the subtitles disappeared immediately. It was so fast that me sitting there waiting with pen and paper couldn't write it down fast enough. I had to find a youtube video of someone playing the mission to get the coordinates without restarting the mission. Last time I went through the mission I thought they were there for longer. I was hoping you might check how long the subtitle is supposed to stay on screen.

Also, on the same mission my wingman never left the hangar. Idk if that was an ED bug or something but I thought I would mention it.

Thanks a bunch. I look forward to getting the Red Flag campaign when I can. Keep up the good work.

Edited by defeatist99

Yes, the M-2000 seems very difficult compared to the rest of the modules. I really wasn't expecting this as my understanding of that plane was that its FBW was making this kind of task easy.

In-game, it keeps overcompensating / trimming.

Maybe I shouldn't give it stick inputs but instead use the trimmer? What are you guys' best tricks to achieve it? Quite frustrated to be stuck in the campaign because of this. And I did practice. A lot :D

Yes, the M-2000 seems very difficult compared to the rest of the modules. I really wasn't expecting this as my understanding of that plane was that its FBW was making this kind of task easy.

Maybe I shouldn't give it stick inputs but instead use the trimmer? What are you guys' best tricks to achieve it? Quite frustrated to be stuck in the campaign because of this. And I did practice. A lot :D

It’s funny because I can’t get to connect with Harrier or F-15, but I’m doing fairly good with Mirage 2000. :D

I would say:

- take a confortable position for you arm, try not squeeze the stick too tight.

- trim the aircraft to tanker speed. Best way to do it is to use AP, then disconnect it.

- make some small speed change while approaching the basket (not more than +5kt, or the trim won’t be good anymore, and you will start PIO)

- aim the refuelling pod with the | in the middle of heading scale rather than aiming directly the basket. More generally, take visual references on the tanker rather than focusing on the basket.

- easy on the stick.

- be careful with the throttle once connected, stay in place.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

You don’t need to connect for the campaign to progress - you can use F10 radio menu to say you’ve had enough and move on!

You don’t need to connect for the campaign to progress - you can use F10 radio menu to say you’ve had enough and move on!

Oooooooh!

I'll give it a go with @jojo's advises, and if all fails, I guess I'll cheat like that. Thanks for the tip!

• 5 months later...

I really enjoyed this campaign. The action and technical dialogue do a good job of reinforcing and continuing the learning experience of the interactive training missions, and the script and characters provide very entertaining storytelling too. I could almost see Berger 01 smiling and waving a finger in mock reproach as he said "Chevy... negative!"

Great work, and I look forward to doing the Red Flag campaign :)

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

• 1 month later...

I have completed Red Flag twice and then started this Campaign, so I am doing it the wrong way around!

Needless to say this campaign is also brilliant! My old favourite aircraft used to be the Hog, but now all I fly is the "Charlie".

Thanks again BD..:)

Only the last mission #13 left for this run. But the nice thing about these campaigns is that you can alter the parameters yourself. Even substitute airframes for a greater or lesser challenge!:smilewink:

I love flying the Charle especially in Baltics campaigns. So I added a few things to the final mission, for my own pleasure! It's about Berger's rescue!

Edited by Accipiter
Link to video added

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Baltic

greater campaign, and some very interesting missions, you think that this just will be a quiet simple CAP mission but then it turns out i another way, starting up on the RED FLAG this weekend :-)

btw will there be a follow up on the red flag campaign in the Persian gulf, on what the Red flag excise is about..?

Thanks guys. There will be a series of campaigns in the PG with the storyline described in the Red Flag - but for the moment M-2000C is not in the first line to be served, I think the Harrier will be no 1 (Raven One for F-18 doesn't count, as it has a different story). But I will return to Mirage at some point... unless I go for the Gazelle...

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome campaign! Just flew it to Traitor mission and wow!

Just small feedback. I see L-39 in Russian camo taking off or parked on my side. Its bit strange. I know there is no Georgian skin for L-39 (I made one myself if you need it) but in simulated dogfight L-39 has that nameless camo. Maybe use it for all L-39?

It is mostly nitpicking on greatly made campaign.

• 4 months later...
Please feel free to share your impressions and feedback about the campaign. That will be most useful for my future projects!

If you have a particular problem or question, please create a new thread for that, or use the bugs sub-forum. Please keep this tidy and on-topic: your thoughts after flying the campaign, things you particularly liked or did not like and your suggestions on how to make the campaign better.

Many thanks!

Hi, I just finished playing the campaign, with my limited 9 years and going in the Air Force I gotta say the missions were on point, I got 85% score. I cannot think of anything to complain about instead I wish you could create some more campaigns... great job.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]| ARMA 3 | DCS MODULES : M2000C | HUEY | A10C | F/A 18 C | Ka-50 | Hawk T1A | Yak 52 | AV-8B | Su 27 | F15C | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Viper( loading:):):) )