Training 03 Nav - RD/TD issue

bushido

The mission goes fairly ok but I have an issue with the RD/TD function, I enter the value as prompted with the knob on the RD/TD position, hit the TOP key on the PCA but the speed chevron did not appears on the HUD.

Same goes for the RD I have no specific indication on the HUD.

I might do some mistake though.

For TD - it depends on how far away you are from the desired point and what setting you use. So if you were going too fast in previous part of the mission, the time given by the IP might be unrealistic and won't work (IIRC the factor is between 0.5 to 1.5x remaining time according to what your INS tells you. So if it shows it will normally take 10 minutes to get somewhere with your current speed, you can set the TD between 5 and 15 mins). Check if the parameters were OK for this.

As for RD I am not even sure it is implemented yet, I will check with Zeus.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I was busy posting the same here, so I didn't see it. If I'm not mistaken

- TOP: you need to enter the correct waypoint in PREP, otherwise your time is outside the admissible range (with a wrong waypoint)

- RD: I have the same problem, probably not implemented yet.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Same feedback. TD works, RD doesnt. It is probably not implemented yet. It is very neat.

I have to thank you for the trainings. Honestly I thought I would snob them but the Training 03 is a must also for "advanced" M2000 Pilots.

Edited by TomCatMucDe

Same feedback. TD works, RD doesnt. It is probably not implemented yet. It is very neat.

I have to thank you for the trainings. Honestly II thought I would snob them but I Training 03 is a must also for "advanced" M2000 Pilots.

Thanks, I am glad to hear they are useful.

Checked with Zeus, RD is still not implemented!

was popping in to confirm that the RD thing was not implemented and it seems I have my answer. But with that said I must say I am really enjoying both the training missions and campaign. VERY WELL DONE! I learned far more from them than I expected to :D

• Like 1

Thankyou for making these training missions Baltic_dragon, have just completed training mission 3 and have learn't a hell of a lot...... i'm still not quiet ready for the campaign yet through :).

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Oh so TOP button is in other part of the cockpit... good to know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 3 weeks later...

Just flew Training Mission 3 three times to try to figure out what I was doing wrong with the RD mode. Guess I know, now.

The good news is that all of those abortive attempts to get the RD have greatly improved my understanding of the other modes. Always look on the bright side. :)

Great work on the module and training, guys. It's coming along wonderfully and is definitely one of the finest modules in DCS. :thumbup:

Merry Christmas, all. :beer: :yay:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 2 weeks later...

Realy like these training missions! Best of any module so far.

The one thing I don't understand from the third training mission is the "course to waypoint" part. I do everything as told, I succeed in setting the course and press the RD button but nothing seems to change. How is this supposed to work? Should the waypoint indicator in the HUD change? How is it indicated what route I should fly to get on the indicated virtual radial?

Best, Huppel

As said on the first page of this thread, RD isn't implemented yet. So the training mission is a bit ahead of the module in this regard (and there'll be a few more instances where this is the case).

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• 5 months later...
Try it again and monitor my speed and this time I see the bracket in the HUD for the TD option.

Work like a charm, thanks for the explanation.

Hi Bushido,

Would you please try that again because with DCS 1.5.6 keeping exactly 300kt and the cues just flash for a second and disappear,it occurred with another user that reported the same problem with 1.5.6 .

Rgds,

Hamilton

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Hey Hamilton,

I just flew the mission and it worked fine for me.

First question - though I guess this is obvious - have you set up the correct TACAN offset and got to a correct spot (when you get to 100m the dialogue should tell you to switch the waypoint and then will go on explaining the RD/TD mode and its limitations).

Then if you fly at 300 knots you should be asked to input the data into INS when you're about 5 minutes from the WP. Once you insert 5 minutes to the right window (it should be 0-0-5-0-0) you should press the INS to save the data.

Then on the PCA (next to Master Arm) you should press TOP (first button) - the RD should be selected automatically and then you should get the chevrons. Let me know if it works!

have you set up the correct TACAN offset and got to a correct spot

I edited my previous response since I found out the culprit and now is working !! But..

When the instructor said to go direct to wpt 02 I press DEST and set 02 and go to the bearing indicated (Like I always did). Good.

So,I have 02 on the LCD above DEST key and blank on the LCD above PREP key. With this configuration, don´t ask me how, I can´t get the TOP function working...

BUT, if I set 02 - 02 that means 02 above PREP key and 02 on the LCD above DEST key, VOILÁ , it works just fine EVEN in the exact same position than (with blank above PREP key).Yes I did the test. :)

Would someone expert please explain to me, because despite it´s working perfectly now, I still don´t understand why I have to set both 02 02 .

By the way I thank you all for your answer, support and patience.

Edited by Hamilton

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Hamilton, why not post your track?

Thanx Azrayen, but I´ve just found the culprit. See above.

As myHelljumper says, the whole system of waypoints and difference between PREP and DEST is described in second training mission. The DEST won't give you any additional information on the waypoint apart from the data on HSI / HUD. To use the more advanced functions of your INS you need to set the desired waypoint also as a PREP mode.

Anyway, glad that it is sorted out. And the whole thing was useful, as I think I should add this info into the training mission just to make sure people are aware. And make sure that they press TOP and RD on the top row, just in case.

When you input data on the PCN, the data is always saved to the PREP waypoint, not the DEST waypoint.

Thanks myHelljumper,for a newbie sometimes get a little confusing,according to the manual (pag 91) the procedure to select a DEST waypoint is:

"To select a DEST waypoint:

1. Click on the DEST button, it will light up.

2. Click on the numeric pad the number of the waypoint you wantto visualize and/or

modify. The valid DEST waypointnumbers are from 1 to 20. You need to enter

both numbers, for numbers below 10 you need to enter the leading 0, e.g.:

Waypoint 1 must be entered as 01, 8 as 08, etc.

3. As soon as the second digit has been entered the selected waypoint data will be

used for navigation and the DEST button will go dark"

In the mission the instructor said "Turn towards wpt 2" , I´ve just done the procedure above,of course after understanting the concept it is easy (more clear), but for the newbie sometimes is complicated. :)

Thank you again for your help.:thumbup:

Thanks myHelljumper,for a newbie sometimes get a little confusing,according to the manual (pag 91) the procedure to select a DEST waypoint is:

"To select a DEST waypoint:

1. Click on the DEST button, it will light up.

2. Click on the numeric pad the number of the waypoint you wantto visualize and/or

modify. The valid DEST waypointnumbers are from 1 to 20. You need to enter

both numbers, for numbers below 10 you need to enter the leading 0, e.g.:

Waypoint 1 must be entered as 01, 8 as 08, etc.

3. As soon as the second digit has been entered the selected waypoint data will be

used for navigation and the DEST button will go dark"

In the mission the instructor said "Turn towards wpt 2" , I´ve just done the procedure above,of course after understanting the concept it is easy (more clear), but for the newbie sometimes is complicated. :)

Thank you again for your help.:thumbup:

No problem, keep reading the manual, do the training missions and you will soon master the M2000C ;)

Also don't forget to do the caucasus campaign, it is really good :thumbup:

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

and difference between PREP and DEST is described in second training mission.

Hi baltic_dragon, yes,I did the second training mission but, as I said to myHelljumper above, sometimes for a newbie becomes a little complicated because looking in the manual (pag 91) the procedure is "Click on the DEST button, it will light up. Click on the numeric pad the number of the wpt you want...etc.

And in the INS training mission the information is very subtle (I repeat for a newbie): It says:

The PREP button lets you select the wpt you want to modify or visualise without changing the one currently used for naveg purposes...etc You will also want to use PREP button to check basic current information about your plane,such as alt,position,etc.etc.

As I said before,after understanting the concept it is easy (more clear), but for the newbie sometimes is a bit complicated.

I should add this info into the training mission just to make sure people are aware.

Excellent idea,for the newbie with the enormous amount of information to process and the hunger to learn whole plane quickly :) ,more detailed information is always welcome.:)

Thanks again for your support and attention.:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Can someone take a look at my track for me if you have the time? I am trying to understand what exactly I am doing wrong after I set the offset point and navigate to it?

Once I navigate to the offset point in VAD mode after setup, I no longer hear any VO's.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9AaJ5cPiKq4NDFLUHlSNU5Xa2c/view?usp=sharing

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz