Bugs and Problems

baltic_dragon

After complete mission 1 with score 100, campaign don't want me take to mission 2.

Yep, I have the same problem and I don't know where it's coming from. I have to manually enter the campaign missions in the logbook.lua...

I noticed that after each mission, I didn't have a cancel button on the left. Usually I have to press that to come back to the campaign screen and go on to the next mission or leave the campaign menu (which is a bit awkward as a menu system). Now I have "Mission editor" instead, for some reason, I don't know if that's the same for you?

I even restarted the campaign from scratch, but it remains stuck to mission 1 again, so I suppose I'll go on editing the logbook by hand. Be careful if you do that, keep a backup!

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Yep, I have the same problem and I don't know where it's coming from. I have to manually enter the campaign missions in the logbook.lua...

I noticed that after each mission, I didn't have a cancel button on the left. Usually I have to press that to come back to the campaign screen and go on to the next mission or leave the campaign menu (which is a bit awkward as a menu system). Now I have "Mission editor" instead, for some reason, I don't know if that's the same for you?

I even restarted the campaign from scratch, but it remains stuck to mission 1 again, so I suppose I'll go on editing the logbook by hand. Be careful if you do that, keep a backup!

Now that is extremely weird, it worked normally for me.. I will have a look at the points and scores though.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I think the problem comes from DCS or the logbook, not from the campaign. I'll check with another campaign to see if the problem is the same.

Here's what I have in the logbook this time, the scores are good. But the problem is DCS is not writing the results, I have to do it manually for some reason (probably linked to this "Mission Editor" choice). And perhaps others have that too, due to something that changed in 1.5.5, or something else in the environment.

["campaign"] = "./Mods/aircraft/M-2000C/Missions/Campaigns/M-2000C Campaign.cmp",
                   ["status"] = "Active",
                   ["history"] = 
                   {
                       [1] = 
                       {
                           ["datetime"] = "12/04/16 22:55:24",
                           ["agKills"] = 0,
                           ["aaKills"] = 0,
                           ["stage"] = 1,
                           ["deathsCount"] = 0,
                           ["result"] = 100,
                           ["mission"] = "Mission 01 FINAL.miz",
                       }, -- end of [1]
                       [2] = 
                       {
                           ["datetime"] = "12/04/16 23:55:24",
                           ["agKills"] = 0,
                           ["aaKills"] = 0,
                           ["stage"] = 2,
                           ["deathsCount"] = 0,
                           ["result"] = 100,
                           ["mission"] = "Mission 02 FINAL.miz",
                       }, -- end of [2]
                       [3] = 
                       {
                           ["stage"] = 3,
                           ["mission"] = "Caucasus M03 FINAL.miz",
                       }, -- end of [3]
                   }, -- end of ["history"]

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Let me have a look at the mission tonight, we will find a solution. Also, if you have a track from mission please post it. Finally, IIRC trigger zone is linked to Colt so try to find him (visually or using the radar) and get close to him.

Here is a dropbox link to the track file (I can't upload in the forum).

Let me know if you find something strange (except that I forgot to remove the ground power in the hurry :doh:).

Here is a dropbox link to the track file (I can't upload in the forum).

Let me know if you find something strange (except that I forgot to remove the ground power in the hurry :doh:).

I watched your track and I think I know what is the problem.

You start the alignment without updating your starting position (go to training mission 1 for details). Your INS is using imprecise data and your WP2 is off from the intended, so you miss the trigger zone.

The trigger zone sits on top of WP 2 and is a 3km in diameter, big enough not to miss it normally, but without properly aligned INS it may become a problem.

Let me know if it helps!

Hi Baltic Dragon,

I arrived to mission 6. It is an excellent campaign so far. even for those who know the systems, it is nice to go through the tutorials of the campaign.

A few feedback points:

1. I went for an Air Refueling in mission 6, it was flying really slow, 160 knots or so... that is very slow for the Mirage. as soon as you start, it speeds up to 300 which is fine. Maybe you can increase the speed of tankers?

2. Mission 6 again, I have did 3 CCRP runs, one was accurate, and 2 others were far far away, although I did perfect runs. I suspect that the artifacts from the mountains caused the TAS to miscalculate. Maybe you can put the targts a bit down the hilles away from the mountain tops until the TAS or mountains artifacts corrected... it s no big deal.

3. in mission 5, there are 2 AI mirages near the L39 location that fly in spirals until they crash. I saw that in the tacview.

Finally, out of curiosity, why is it stated briefings that we should enter manually the altitude of every waypoints? what does it bring?

3. in mission 5, there are 2 AI mirages near the L39 location that fly in spirals until they crash. I saw that in the tacview.
I see this behaviour is back. :megalol:

Finally, out of curiosity, why is it stated briefings that we should enter manually the altitude of every waypoints? what does it bring?
Just to have a 3D point to fly to rather than a 2D projection of it. It may or may not become more important later.

Just to have a 3D point to fly to rather than a 2D projection of it. It may or may not become more important later.

Unlike A10C, I dont see a difference between 2D and 3D waypoints. How does it look like in Mirage? the cross would be in the air?

From what I know it is only relevant when you do INS bombing.

Unlike A10C, I dont see a difference between 2D and 3D waypoints. How does it look like in Mirage? the cross would be in the air?

From what I know it is only relevant when you do INS bombing.

Yes the cross is in the air at the right set altitude.

Hi Baltic Dragon,

I arrived to mission 6. It is an excellent campaign so far. even for those who know the systems, it is nice to go through the tutorials of the campaign.

A few feedback points:

1. I went for an Air Refueling in mission 6, it was flying really slow, 160 knots or so... that is very slow for the Mirage. as soon as you start, it speeds up to 300 which is fine. Maybe you can increase the speed of tankers?

2. Mission 6 again, I have did 3 CCRP runs, one was accurate, and 2 others were far far away, although I did perfect runs. I suspect that the artifacts from the mountains caused the TAS to miscalculate. Maybe you can put the targts a bit down the hilles away from the mountain tops until the TAS or mountains artifacts corrected... it s no big deal.

As of 1, I think it is a general problem with the tankers that speed up before refuel, but I can set his initial speed to 300 or something.

2. I'd rather leave them where they are, as after moving the targets I would also have to move different zones etc.

3. Actually, I need to remove that. My reasoning was that given by Gliptal, but the Devs said that M2K does not use 3D waypoints and it should always have them on the ground. Good catch, I will get rid of that part (I think I did in some of the missions).

Glad you are enjoying the campaign, now it should start being more interesting ;)

As of 1, I think it is a general problem with the tankers that speed up before refuel, but I can set his initial speed to 300 or something.

Yes it is a known bug that the tanker will accelerate. But it could be orbiting faster than 160 knots, I think up to 270 in my tests. It is still better

Glad you are enjoying the campaign, now it should start being more interesting ;)

I am looking forward. But I have biz trips till Friday, so I gotta be patient!

Just finished mission 2 and everything went smoothly until it was time to land. At that point my wingman decided that life was not worth living, but ran himself to the ground just besides me when I was landing.

He didn't seem depressed during the flight, though but was chatting away cheerily....

I guess this is more of a general AI problem than problem with the mission itself. Still got 100 points.

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

Thanks for the hint Gliptal.

I guess me not communicating was then the thing that got him depressed. We Finns are not very good with small talk.

• Like 2

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

LOL +1

But yeah, if I tried to take into account wingman crashes and made them count towards success (or rather: failure) I would quickly share the wingman's fate after reading all the angry posts from the users...

As Gliptal says. Also on long flights when you think you don't really need him, send him home earlier before he says he is bingo. If he says that it means he is dead already. Wingman, not Gliptal of course.

LOL +1

But yeah, if I tried to take into account wingman crashes and made them count towards success (or rather: failure) I would quickly share the wingman's fate after reading all the angry posts from the users...

As Gliptal says. Also on long flights when you think you don't really need him, send him home earlier before he says he is bingo. If he says that it means he is dead already. Wingman, not Gliptal of course.

Well I was the only one to get out alive on yesterday's flight so. :megalol:

After complete mission 1 with score 100, campaign don't want me take to mission 2.

Do you still have this problem?

For my part, I finally found out in the log file (%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs\dcs.log) that error:

00054.658 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error onShowMainInterface:[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_logbook.lua"]:1302: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'faaKills' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_logbook.lua"]:1302: in function 'updateUserStatistics'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_debriefing.lua"]:326: in function 'load'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_debriefing.lua"]:257: in function 'show'
[string "./MissionEditor/MissionEditor.lua"]:709: in function 'openReturnScreen'
[string "./MissionEditor/MissionEditor.lua"]:732: in function <[string "./MissionEditor/MissionEditor.lua"]:723>.

To solve it, I had to add the missing value, which had disappeared for some obscure reason.

So if someone has a weird problem like DCS not registering the missions properly, not branching to the next mission correctly, ..., search for "logbook" in this log file, to make sure it's correct. If you find a similar error message, post the details in the appropriate "DCS World 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha" error sub-forum, so someone can help you fix it.

DCS is not resistant at all regarding any problem in the logbook.lua.

And sorry for spamming your thread, baltic_dragon :)

Thanks Redglyph! It is actually quite useful, I will update the main post with it once I get to the hotel and internet connection.

Besides I'd rather have the Bugs and Problems thread spammed with solutions to problems not caused by bad design of the campaign than reports on actual bugs ;)

That's probably a sign it's a good campaign, it uses a lot of features and deters what little bugs may still hide in the dark corners of DCS ;)