Problem with AI while dogfighting in the F-5

pepto

It seems like every time I try and set up a quick dogfight mission with an AI, any AI, they always end up running away in a slow turn. It even happens with the F-14 in the default quick start dogfight mission on the NTTR map. AI skill doesn't change the behavior, and because of the F-5's little engines it can never seem to catch up with the enemy. I haven't had this problem with any other module and it's pretty frustrating, guns kills are a rarity and are really hard to pull off because of their inaccuracy alone, a lot of the time when you get a good angle on the AI they're already out of range. The only way I've been able to counter this is to do a wide turn into their turn and just wing it on a head-on, but this is a slow and boring process and it feels like it shouldn't be the case, at least not on low level AI. :helpsmilie:

I saw in the discussion of the Aggressor campaign someone say that it's because the F-5E is considered an Attack aircraft by the AI, so it uses 'boom and zoom' tactics. They're going to change it to be considered a Fighter instead so the AI will dogfight with it. I don't know when that change is going to happen though.

I saw in the discussion of the Aggressor campaign someone say that it's because the F-5E is considered an Attack aircraft by the AI, so it uses 'boom and zoom' tactics. They're going to change it to be considered a Fighter instead so the AI will dogfight with it. I don't know when that change is going to happen though.

Well I hope they change it soon considering the agressor campaign is kind of based around BFM, is there any way to change it in maybe the LUA files?