No tooltips in training missions, except when launched from ME

Redglyph

DCS 1.5.5.59744.197

I find those tooltips useful, especially in training missions when you are not yet entirely familiar with all the switches. However, they seem to be disabled in this case, except if I run the training mission from the mission editor.

It is enabled in my general options.

I've checked in the ME and this is not forced in the mission options.

When I'm running a mission from the "mission" menu, I have the tooltips.

It might be a DCS bug. Anyone else has the same behaviour?

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

If it is not forced in ME it shoud use whatever options you have set in your main options menu (I don't like to enforce anything on players unless it is really important for the mission, like CIV traffic sometimes). So looks to me like a DCS issue.

I saw it also work the other way around - with civ traffic set to NONE in ME and enforced, if I set different value in general options I would see that value, not the enforced one. But maybe it was fixed now.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Looks like a strange DCS issue, indeed. Probably due to a change for VR, it's not the first time those tooltips behave.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 1 month later...

Has this been reported?

It's still the case in DCS 1.5.6.1340.230, which is probably an issue for everyone learning new aircraft, especially with foreign-labelled cockpits :)

Busy (re)learning the Mirage, now that it has some training missions I have to say I also noticed there are no tooltips in those missions.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

DCS 1.5.5.59744.197

I find those tooltips useful, especially in training missions when you are not yet entirely familiar with all the switches. However, they seem to be disabled in this case, except if I run the training mission from the mission editor.

It is enabled in my general options.

I've checked in the ME and this is not forced in the mission options.

When I'm running a mission from the "mission" menu, I have the tooltips.

It might be a DCS bug. Anyone else has the same behaviour?

+1

I agree.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 11 months later...
Busy (re)learning the Mirage, now that it has some training missions I have to say I also noticed there are no tooltips in those missions.

Just doing this in the most recent 1.5.8.12823u1. No tooltips and I have absolutely no idea which switches an knobs he's talking about as soon as more than one in mentioned in a "section" at the same time.

This should be reported to ED... dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 1 year later...

Couldn't agree more, this seems broken... especially with the switch highlights that do work when the particular switch is called, they don't turn off when you get the proper setting as requested.

My other complaint is that some of the switches or knob selections are so small in VR, even with VR Zoom, that are unreadable/unusable.

I did note that the lighting/glare makes some of the radio frequency selections tough to read as well, hopefully Razbam is looking into making some edits/changes/adjustments on this as well. I'd hate for this module to go to waste simply because I can't read/change knobs or settings.