Bill & John - Ep II : Danger Attacks at Dawn

SebTom

Guest IguanaKing

DOH!!! Quite possibly a correct guess, Mr. Wolf. :doh: I just had to ask because its not a US tail code...heh...being the Hog geek that I am. :pilotfly:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bravo guys....bravo. That is state of the art. thats like a professional movie making style. simply outstanding. I can imagine this taking years to make. :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Awesome!!! Love the attention to detail and creative work. LOL! :lol:

Anyone with inside info want to endulge us more specifically what the Machinima Festival and Mackie awards are?

http://festival.machinima.org/mackies.html

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

it's a 3D FX... done by kik

here an exemple seq05 / shot09 :

we render the shot 5 times, bill, bill in a red skin, same for john, and then, empty (3d models removed)

the red shots are used to create the masks in combustion.

amazing! FX wizards in action :)

you guys are probably already signed with Lucas for SW:Episode Zero :thumbsup:, but I very hope you will have free time to show us Bill et John part 3 and more :)

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Thanks to all of you

Waow... so many messages from across the atlantic and the rest of the world !

This is really warming our hearts here.

That's when I think to myself that... the 2 years it took to finish this episode was not in vain.

Thanks a lot again for the welcoming.

PS : I'll will do my best to answer your questions in the posts to come

• Like 1

Anyone with inside info want to endulge us more specifically what the Machinima Festival and Mackie awards are?
The NYC Machinima Film Festival is an event that promote and reward worldwide Machinima productions.

It has been initiated in 2002 by Paul Marino (I might be wrong on this one but I know that he's one of the main man in the festival)

You can check Wikipedia and type Machinima or Machinima festival to find out more

The "Mackies" are prizes (like hollywood awards) that rewards Machinima productions in many categories. (Best picture, best writing, best sound etc)

There's no money to win except fame and plastic glass figurine :pilotfly:

I strongly suggest to take a look at www.machinima.com to watch some machinimas (a lot of really good things) and www.machinima.org to have a good overview of the festival events.

And if you really like Bill & John, you can vote for us on gamevideos.com.

They will announce a special mackie for the public's favorite machinima. :music_whistling:

Does your A-10 come with a beercan holder or did you install one yourself

humm... many custom modifications had been made in Bill's airplanes.

This is a really messy place. :D

I heard someone says that he even installed a refregirator pluged in the double flux turbine of the plane to keep beverage cold.

But I don't beleive this rumour...:cry:

FUN-tastic :D

AGM-65 optic :) ...like Terminator's eye :D & the flyin' cows --> incredible :)

...CAN'T STOP LAUGHIN :D

http://billetjohn.free.fr/index_en.html

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

FUN-tastic :D

AGM-65 optic :) ...like Terminator's eye :D ...

it was from Kubrick's "Odyssey 2001" AFAIK :)

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

...or from Battlestar Galactica remake? :wassat:

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

fixed
Cheers Seb! I already had Episode 1 1/2 but good to have it with the subtitles embedded.

it was from Kubrick's "Odyssey 2001" AFAIK :)

Yeah, my first guess was that it was a tribute to the HAL 9000 computer in 2001:A Space Odyssey. Terminator is also a good possibility.

What other film references and influences do folks think they have spotted?

"HI THERE!" on the Instructors Mk-84 bomb (tribute to the film Dr Strangelove - the nuke bomb that Slim Pickens rides has "Hi There!" written on it).

Maverick missile speeding through the town, am I the only one who was thinking ACME rocket powered Wil E. Coyote from the RoadRunner cartoon?

Other nice touches that I liked....

The little wisp of smoke from the tail before the Mav takes off.

The traffic lights (No right turn on red in France).

The flashing rear (and front) turn indicator lights on the truck.

The engine exhaust from the truck.

Red Master Caution light and other warning lights flashing inside the Instructors F-5 cockpit after he is hit.

Explosion rocks the General's Humvee.

Weather vane spins.

Watch the explosion in slow-motion to see the cows spin as they fly through the air - brilliant!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Yeah, my first guess was that it was a tribute to the HAL 9000 computer in 2001:A Space Odyssey. Terminator is also a good possibility.

"HI THERE!" on the Instructors Mk-84 bomb (tribute to the film Dr Strangelove - the nuke bomb that Slim Pickens rides has "Hi There!" written on it).

Maverick missile speeding through the town, am I the only one who was thinking ACME rocket powered Wil E. Coyote from the RoadRunner cartoon?

at least two other Kubrick's references can be found... ;)

it's really nice to see people enjoying all the littles details...

The awards ceremony will take place in New York on november 4th.

If you don't win in all those categories I'll be very disappointed! Stunning movie. It all looks so effortlessly put together, but that's very deceptive. There are too many excellent, complex, and well executed ideas to list. Amazing work guys. Simply amazing. I have no idea how you created some of those scenes... and I don't want to know either. A little mystery is always good.

Oh, and it's very funny too. :-)

Andrew McP

Did you notice how beautiful that kc-10 was? Where can I get that skin?

Well.... it's not that beautifull.... (you know, hollywood... mostly make up) 8)

but anyway, it might be available - along with the really beautifull A10 skins - on our page in (at least) two more weeks... ;)