X-56 "twitchy" any way to dampen?

I've been really enjoying DCS and have purchased many of the modules. I was doing fairly well with the sim and my x-56 rhino HOTAS until I started to fly the Huey. That's when I started to notice that the joystick axis would "twitch" from the point of control input. It's totally random and I did set curves and deadzones, but those aren't really the problem. I think the problem might be with the sensors that determine the sticks position, but I haven't found any settings that "dampen" the input. (Example if it was averaging the input by some number of times that "twitch" probably wouldn't be noticed).

Has anyone experienced this, and how did you solve the issue?

Flying the planes around it's not quite as noticeable, but its making it darn hard to hover.

I'm kinda jealous of all the YouTube videos I've been watching where people are flying all smooth :)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

:v

${1}

8:00 for opening base... nothing to it, it's just a big empty box.

Thanks, looks like for this problem it ended up being that I had a cord next to the base that has one of those ferris things on it, moved it away and the "twitch" is gone.

But now I've re-setup the sticks, and completely remaped all my controls in DCS. Things seem ok but for some reason today after reboot I can't start my engines in the A-10C.

When I go into the controls settings the toggles I'm using for the engine starts highlight when I test them, and I went to the throttle axis tune and I can see the dot move when I move the throttles. but for some unknown reason when I follow the normal start procedure, my engines won't start even if I try using the keyboard shortcuts (Ralt Home etc).

The in-game throttle never moves. If I go into instant action where I'm already flying, then the throttle's move as commanded and the in-game gui responds accordingly, but I cannot shutdown the engines.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Could it be the madcatz software??

Glad you solved the problem and it was something easy... it's almost always some source of interference and hell yes a ferrite magnet qualifies.

Your other issue is likely the software. SST and it's warmed over reskinned variants for x55 and x56 are pretty bad, and cause all kinds of unwanted interactions in games/sims. I used to use it for pedals and it made things crash and usb's unplug themselves and other fun stuff. I think I just saw one here about SST and DCS even.

Try out Joystick Gremlin instead https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178204