KORD muzzle flash

When comparing the in-game KORD to the video below, I noticed that nothing like the significant muzzle flash redirected through that big muzzle break is present at all. Currently there's only some light smoke. So I wonder if the developers have considered adding such a visual effect? Perhaps it could be that such a fireball right in your face for a split second is difficult to do without becoming annoying (I certainly wouldn't want it overdone either).

attachment.php?attachmentid=152828&stc=1&d=1480861794

attachment.php?attachmentid=152827&stc=1&d=1480861584

vlcsnap.png.fbe1b395a9e1fad972d02579bbcf6400.png

kord.thumb.jpg.79d7fc60d0ca1e816c77d2d9576f8cf8.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the flash could be visible only by the low quality camera sometimes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

the flash could be visible only by the low quality camera sometimes.

Isn't it the other way around though, the camera often failing to capture it because it is visible only very briefly? The most important aspect is of course how the gunner experiences it but this is a much larger caliber than what I've fired personally so I can't determine what is the most realistic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not necessarily. Some cameras are more prone to IR light (human light not so much). Their sensors are not so fast many times so an image might stay longer and the optics can flare a lot.

For example when you try to take a photo in difficult lighting situations (big contrasts, sun almost in view, high reflections, etc) you will see that the image captured with the camera is far worse (over blown by light) than what you can see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The propellants used in the ammunition is a major factor. The Russian ammo (Barnaul) I've shot in my 30-06 K98k produces a huge muzzle flash (flames 20-30cm out of the barrel), while similar loads from GFL, Norma and PPU barely have any noticeable muzzle flash at all. I've seen similar results with with old (1950s) Norwegian 9x19, which is a mini-flamethrower compared to modern NATO spec 9mm.