Twitch2DCS - Simple twitch chat UI inside DCS

Stupid question perhaps but is there a way to enable this feature for those of us streaming single player flights in DCS? Or would it make more sense to simply fly my solo stuff by hosting my .miz on a private server with no one else aboard to enable Twitch2DCS connectivity?

Twitch2DCS works in every aspect of the game. Single player, multiplayer, mission editor, all screens. Hope that helps answer you question

Edited by Jabbers_

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Mod works fantastically, thank you for the hard work - I'm having a "doubling" issue where I click and drag the twitch chat window and move it across my screen, however every time I click and drag it creates a new chat window. Perhaps an error on my end?

Definitely weird. After this occurs can you go to Saved Games/DCS/Logs and send me dcs.log and twitch2dcs.log files?

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

Version 0.0.7-alpha released https://github.com/jeffboulanger/twitch2dcs/releases

Features and Fixes

• Push to show feature bind-able to a keyboard hotkey (defaults to numpad . (period) key, This value is configurable)
  • UI will now hide if there is no chat activity for 10 seconds (default, This value is configurable)
  • Removed ability to type to twitch for now, this was causing some random issues where the UI would not accept input under certain situations, causing the user to have restart DCS or disable Twitch2DCS
  • Added the ability to hide join/part messages in the config file (This value is configurable)

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome tool. Worked straight away. The only thing is I thought it was mentioned it only works in MP. Seems to work fine in SP for me.

I wonder if this can be integrated with Discord too.

It does work in MP i use it all the time, its a completely separate window from MP chat. It works everywhere from the main menu to ingame, even the mission editor.

I looked at Discord and it has a simular issue to youtube where it only has a webapi to hook into. This requires a bit of work so that the request to the API does not cause a framerate decrease. I've yet to look into this because of time or a personal need, but it is on my to do list.

Any chance you can get this working with 2.0?

Current version kills FPS in 2.0, and the auto hide feature doesn't work. Could be other issues but the 1 FPS was enough to have me abort.

Works great in 1.5, thanks for the tool. Hope you can bring it to 2.0 soon.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Any chance you can get this working with 2.0?

Current version kills FPS in 2.0, and the auto hide feature doesn't work. Could be other issues but the 1 FPS was enough to have me abort.

Works great in 1.5, thanks for the tool. Hope you can bring it to 2.0 soon.

It will work with 2.0 when DCS puts the changes from 1.5 that broke it, into 2.0. The reason it doesnt work for 2.0 is because 2.0 is currently behind in changes that were made to 1.5 that need to be merged. Give it time, hopefully soon they can fix that.

I want to work to but dont want to spend time writing code to get it working on both when im guessing they will update 2.0 soon.

Thanks for information. I tend to forget that 1.5 and 2.0 isn't the same code.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 2 weeks later...

Installed and tested t2d today, and I have to say I love it! Thanks!

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome, glad to hear it!

On another note, in my down time I've figured out a few more really cool ways to make plugins for DCS. Some screenshots here of hopefully the next version of Twitch2DCS

eswiOZd.jpg

H3eUgUl.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is awesome, can't wait to try it.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is so cool!

I wonder if you could build one for Youtube stream?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

This is so cool!

I wonder if you could build one for Youtube stream?

Ive looked into it, its a bit more complicated than twitch, and I dont have an immediate use for it. It is on my todo list but it's priority is currently really low.

Hey jabbers, I was using t2d the other day in the Rift, and I had trouble reading some of the conversation because I found the blue text hard to read. Any way, with that new UI you showed off, to make a high-contrast mode? Maybe something like colored nicknames and white text?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey jabbers, I was using t2d the other day in the Rift, and I had trouble reading some of the conversation because I found the blue text hard to read. Any way, with that new UI you showed off, to make a high-contrast mode? Maybe something like colored nicknames and white text?

My goal was to emulate twitch and do colored names and white text but the UI framework for DCS makes that really difficult. If you go into Saved Games/DCS/Config/Twitch2DCSConfig.lua you can edit each of the colors yourself manually. Still need to figure out how to do this when I implement the ingame config.

Hey Jabbers,

First off thanks so much for creating this. Unfortunately I've never gotten this to work as I'm having issues - it seems the window wants to replicate itself over and over again. This is possibly due to the following ERROR:

00035.761 INFO LuaNET: Twitch2DCS Creating client

00035.762 INFO LuaNET: Twitch2DCS - Upgrading config file to version 2

00035.765 INFO LuaNET: Twitch2DCS - Creating server

00035.765 INFO LuaNET: Twitch2DCS - Creating ui

00035.803 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error onSimulationFrame:[string "C:\Users\Tuuvas\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\twitch\ui.lua"]:413: attempt to call field 'getKeyboardDeviceName' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: in function 'getKeyboardDeviceName'

[string "C:\Users\Tuuvas\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\twitch\ui.lua"]:413: in function 'lockKeyboardInput'

[string "C:\Users\Tuuvas\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\twitch\ui.lua"]:334: in function 'writeMode'

[string "C:\Users\Tuuvas\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\twitch\ui.lua"]:183: in function 'new'

[string "C:\Users\Tuuvas\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts/Twitch2DCSGameGUI.lua"]:68: in function 'new'

[string "C:\Users\Tuuvas\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts/Twitch2DCSGameGUI.lua"]:265: in function 'newHandler'

[string "./MissionEditor/GameGUI.lua"]:686: in function <[string "./MissionEditor/GameGUI.lua"]:685>.

The above just repeats over and over again in the dcs.log file.

Additionally, the Twitch2DCS.log file repeats "Setting UI to write mode" over and over again:

[21:44:49] INFO : Saving configuration

[21:44:49] INFO : Setting UI to write mode

Within a few seconds, the performance of the game suffers severely as more and more windows are created (looks to be about 20 - 22 windows every second).

As far as a testcase .. I've simply followed your new installation steps:

1) Download "Twitch2DCS.v0.0.7-alpha.-.New.Installation.zip"

2) Extract to DCS folder in C:\Users\Tuuvas\Saved Games\DCS\

3) Edit Twitch2DCSConfig.lua to include "tuuvas" for username and the generated oauthToken

4) Run DCS and see replicating windows and performance issues due to this

Another thing I noticed is that the Twitch2DCSConfig.lua is edited after DCS is launched. I saw the following added changes to the file that might be worth mentioning:

["useMutiplayerChat"] = false,

["save"] = nil,--Cannot serialize a function :["save"]

["new"] = nil,--Cannot serialize a function :["new"]

["credentials"] =

I'll try enabling ["debugMode"] and update this reply in-case I can figure out where the debug information is generated.

Let me know if there's anything else you would like to know from my testcase/setup/logs.

Regards,

Tuuvas

EDIT - I just tried enabling debugMode, but I can't find anything which has the string "DEBUG". I've tried to grep -r 'DEBUG' on the entire DCS folder, but nothing returns... at least nothing ending in .log.

Twitch2DCS_Logs.zip

Edited by Tuuvas

Should be DCS 1.5.5:

00000.110 INFO DCS: DCS/1.5.5.58891 (x86_64; Windows/10.0.14393)

You need to update 1.5.5.60338 is the latest release. Please try with this version. A version back they changed some UI code, the very code you see failing. My changes made Twitch2DCS incompatible with previous versions.

Let me know if it still isnt working after the update.

You need to update 1.5.5.60338 is the latest release. Please try with this version. A version back they changed some UI code, the very code you see failing. My changes made Twitch2DCS incompatible with previous versions.

Let me know if it still isnt working after the update.

Sorry I haven't tested this yet. Ran out of disk space during the update and now I'm having issues. But I'll report back once I fix my installation.