Twitch2DCS - Simple twitch chat UI inside DCS

That's where I installed it.

Then you have a duplicate Twitch folder inside the main directory cause DCS shouldn't be looking for a manifest file. If you'd like me to troubleshoot for you, PM me your Discord name or something.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

Then you have a duplicate Twitch folder inside the main directory cause DCS shouldn't be looking for a manifest file. If you'd like me to troubleshoot for you, PM me your Discord name or something.

You're absolutely right :thumbup: I had an old install in the base game directory from 2018, didn't even remember trying it back then! thanks for the assist, works like a charm.

I've recently installed Twitch2DCS and I am now getting

"[string "C:\Users\Jim\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Twitch2DCS.lua"]:236: loop in gettable" every time I start DCS.

Any ideas?

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Any ideas?

Did you JUST install it or was it working and now it isn't? The error is not able to connect to Twitch. Try generating a new oauth code and restart DCS after changing it in options. If that doesn't work try disabling your firewall.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

Looks like you didnt install it right. Did you download the git repo, or did you download an actual release from here? https://github.com/jeffboulanger/twitch2dcs/releases

The release has the proper folder structure for installing it, not the repo.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

• 4 weeks later...
I've recently installed Twitch2DCS and I am now getting

"[string "C:\Users\Jim\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Twitch2DCS.lua"]:236: loop in gettable" every time I start DCS.

Any ideas?

You have to include the "oauth" in the beginning of the authentication token. I had the same error and only when including the oauth: at the front in DCS options, it worked.

Edited by Kunz

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe im missing something, but the install instructions state to open the Twitch2DCS.LUA in your CONFIG folder- However the latest install file structure does not include a CONFIG folder and only installs a Twitch2DCS.LUA in the SCRIPTS folder.

Maybe you meant "CREATE" a Twitch2DCS.LUA with the text you posted- However that would be strange since you could have just included that in the file folder to begin with. The Sample LUA you posted also is wildly different from the one in SCRIPTS.... so the instructions leave me at a bit of a loss as to what the intended way to install this is.

Can anyone help?

Installation

Extract the contents of release to your Saved Games DCS folder

(C:\Users\ username \Saved Games\DCS)

Start DCS and go to Options -> Special -> Twitch2DCS and input your username and Twitch oauth key from TwitchApps.com make sure you include the "oauth:" text. (You may need to restart DCS after this)

Enjoy communicating with Twitch from ingame.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone know why it just stuck after some time (few messages), not refreshing, no new messages/events?

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

On 3/11/2021 at 9:51 PM, Jabbers_ said:

@Jabbers_

Updated but again stuck after few messages...
Reinstalled, deleted all files, deleted DCS Temp, Installed again but... still 1.1.1 version (see attachment) . Maybe was not updated correctly? 
Anyway, after screenshot i set my authentications and will test today....

EDIT: Seems it works ok now. (even ver. as on screenshot 1.1.1)

DCS 2021-03-13 10-19-36.png

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Ah version is in 2 spots, ill have to update in the next release (if there is one).   It should say 1.1.2 on the dcs home screen (the icon for the module).   I didn't realize it was in the options screen to, i think that was added there in a submittion from another contributor.

• Thanks 1

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2016 at 6:02 AM, Jabbers_ said:

Open the file Twitch2DCSConfig.lua in the Config folder with your favorite text editor.

Is this file supposed to be in the Saved Games folder or in the Program Install folder? I can't seem to find it.

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't understand where I'm supposed to add my username and stream key.

I've search the whole .lua but I don't see anything that matches the examples you posted. Am I supposed to just add a line anywhere and edit it to include my information? That doesn't sound quite right to me. 

On 5/26/2021 at 11:55 PM, Breakshot said:

After all the installation steps were followed, I get a black screen when launching DCS, then a few secs later it loads with a timeout error...

@Jabbers_ Does this thing still work in 2.7?

Screen_210527_153747.png

Screen_210527_161831.png

Yes it still works, lots of people on twitch using it just fine.   Can you PM me your dcs.log after the failure

15 hours ago, SmoglessPanic said:

I really don't understand where I'm supposed to add my username and stream key.

I've search the whole .lua but I don't see anything that matches the examples you posted. Am I supposed to just add a line anywhere and edit it to include my information? That doesn't sound quite right to me. 

There is a URL show on the setting screen that you need to go to, that will give you an OAUTH key that you enter into the box, that is the login information used to connect to twitch.

4 hours ago, Jabbers_ said:

Yes it still works, lots of people on twitch using it just fine.   Can you PM me your dcs.log after the failure

There is a URL show on the setting screen that you need to go to, that will give you an OAUTH key that you enter into the box, that is the login information used to connect to twitch.

Yes of course, thats the thing, I already tried inputting oauth key in game and also in .lua

Both give same result

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot