Anyone out there using HDTV monitor?

Hi guys,

Been thinking about getting a display thats HDTV capable...just wondering if anyone out there is using one? I've noticed the resolutions arn't great, but thats not too much of a problem, just wondering if you can sit as close as with a normal monitor? If not then it probably wont be much use as I don't have alot of space.

Cheers guys

-Chris

Lol, they even have HDTV puter screens? WTH? Computer screens have HDTV for about 10 years already. And what is it with this hype? I don't have to tell you it's more unhealthy to look at HDTV then a normal TV? (objects are sharper, brains have to focus more, more head- and eye aches)

Oh well, they have to sell something, first LCD, now this.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Yeh they make em....I would just get a normal monitor but I want to plug my XBox in too as it looks much better on an HDTV set, which is fine cos I can sit on my bed, but I dont really want to sit on the bed for lockon/BF2...but I'd be quite close with it on the wall behind my desk

Chris

Let me try and clarify this for you:

- resolution and "definition" mean basically the same thing;

- regular TV has a resolution of about 768x576;

- HDTV currently can be

1280x720 (720p),

1920x1080 (1080i,1080p);

- 17" or 19" LCD monitor: 1280x1024

- widescreen 24" monitor: 1920x1200

You don't call a monitor "high-definition", because they always have been higher definition than any tv.

Maybe you should look at a widescreen monitor, but I don't know if the Xbox will work with it.

You can ask for more info about that here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

LP

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

Let me try and clarify this for you:

- resolution and "definition" mean basically the same thing;

- regular TV has a resolution of about 768x576;

- HDTV currently can be

1280x720 (720p),

1920x1080 (1080i,1080p);

- 17" or 19" LCD monitor: 1280x1024

- widescreen 24" monitor: 1920x1200

You don't call a monitor "high-definition", because they always have been higher definition than any tv.

Maybe you should look at a widescreen monitor, but I don't know if the Xbox will work with it.

You can ask for more info about that here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

LP

Thx, I thought I was going crazy from too much weed or something :p Nah, I'm joking, it's just this HDTV thing confuses everyone, and they make great money with it, selling 720i screens, shouting they're high quality HDTV :/

Lol, so do they have HDTV monitors for sale with a 4:3 aspect ratio? If so, I'm gonna buy old 19" CRTs and sell them as HD computer screens. After I'll be rich, I will sell sonic touch screen panels (used, 7" LCDs), put them in a wooden frame, and call them 'flightbudy touch', specially designed for flight simmers, and for a bargain price of around $500. :|

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Also, keep in mind, with TV, your resolution is dependant on the source signal.

It doesn't matter how big your TV or monitor is, if you're still pumping in a regular 768x576 TV signal, then it will look stretched and crappy.

regards,

LP

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

I Have a high def TV that I use with a M$ media center.

Works great.

For PC stuff.. naw.. I'm just not going to sit in front of my 50in tv to play a computer game.. (plus, games run like crap in 1920x1080 with the hardware in my media center)

I had to use Slysoft's AnyDVD to stop the Macrovision from screwing with the ability to view DVD's in wide format.

Thanks,

Brett

Also, keep in mind, with TV, your resolution is dependant on the source signal.

It doesn't matter how big your TV or monitor is, if you're still pumping in a regular 768x576 TV signal, then it will look stretched and crappy.

regards,

LP

The sad part is that people get these 16x10 monitors and watch cable on it saying "god damn does this look good or what"

making me wonder if people are blind or just plain retarted.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum: