Oculus Touch support

tom1502

Leap Motion will not support DCS! I have request Information at Leap Motion Support via E Mail!

:(

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Seems like a strange thing not to support the biggest military flight sim and imo the best sim out there. Did they say anything on why?, surely this can be implemented in Dcs by the developers as it is in flyinside

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leap Motion will not support DCS! I have request Information at Leap Motion Support via E Mail!

:(

No worries. Leap solutions will be back, so nobody knows what might happen.

Secondly, at least mouse emulation is possible. Not so immersive yet very practical. Gestures might be useful too.

Sorry for the o offtopic

Haha, I love these replies. So much could be created out of them and it is fun to watch that take place.

Who knows, maybe we have some surprises in store for us ;)

:thumbup:

Kind of sounding like it huh...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I like how this thread went from "Is there any chance of the touch controllers, that are available now, being implemented to interact with the cockpit?" To almost immediately "No, that would be too inconvenient. Lets imagine a bunch of ideas that may not exist for years and could potentially be impossible to implement because they might be easier to use in game." Then Wags comes in with the most vague reply possible and throws everything off and now we have no idea what could be happening.

I'd personally like to see the motion controllers we have now implemented in a way that we can use them. Maybe it won't be the most efficient, but we aren't playing DOTA or CS:GO here, it's a simulator and I'd rather have the extra immersion or whatever you like to call it. Once haptic feedback VR gloves actually exist at the consumer level like Oculus Touch then I would definitely want to try them out in DCS as well.

Screen_170128_123944.thumb.jpg.4e32c43c4c5f0f4102a28f9c92265806.jpg

I9-9900K@5000, Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Dell UP3216q

VPC MongoosT-50 CM2 Stick, Base (75+100 ext.) & Throttle, BRD KG-13B, adapted to use with Warthog connector, VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals, 2 x Saitek Quadrant,

Pimax Vision 8K Plus + 2 HTC Bases + Index Controllers + DAS

A lot of 3D printed modifications for all above.

Ultimaker 2+; Hardlight Sirius

Well being a new Rift owner I was contemplating going ahead and getting the Touch controllers as well, looks like that may be a wise choice...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

IMG_0077_zps7r7nfpsh.jpg

Just tried this too.

It doesn't seem to have any functionality yet, and the hands were stuck in weird orientations unrelated to my own hands (index finger pointing back at me when my hand wrist would have to be broken to be able to pull it off). In the MI-8, it seemed like they were locked to the engineer's seat (center seat).

Again, no real functionality I could find. None of the buttons did anything, I just had hands floating around in the same relative position as my own.

I checked the control options, and didn't see any options to assign functions, or to re-orient the hands once I was holding the touch controllers.

Exciting though. Will be extremely useful when it works.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

just remember, you cannot use the touch to hold onto the canopy frame and lean in your desk chair while banking..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have had a go with them as well.

Looks promising but as others have said, I can not actually select anything with them. Theres also no animation of movement with the fingers if you click any of the buttons. Also no way to reset the view point/posistion of the gloves. Unless I'm missing something?

Definitely interesting times ahead though!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

just remember, you cannot use the touch to hold onto the canopy frame and lean in your desk chair while banking..

Chuck Norris can.

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Chuck Norris can.

I Fell out of My Chair twice the first week reaching for something while banking.. haha :pilotfly:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I Fell out of My Chair twice the first week reaching for something while banking.. haha :pilotfly:

Dude you should get a seatbelt :thumbup:

Might be a staple sim requirement once VR gets in full swing.

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index