=Steel Balls= WWII Server

LETCHIK

Will you be doing any Nevada missions? I know it's not historically accurate, but both Nevada and Normandy will be sharing the 2.1 executable, and Im sure people would like to see what map rotation looks like in DCS. (Or whether it will even be possible at the moment)

That is very good question. We did not discussed about it. After we migrate to 2.1.0 we'll back to this conversation.

thanks for flying with us.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Had a lot of fun on it today, thanks for hosting!

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dear friends,

Steel Balls - Normandy online

Statistic at http://www.steelballs.us/stats/ also activated.

Come get score and be number one (numero uno)

Couple of things we wanna bring to you guys.

DCS: Normandy and WWII pack are still ALFA, there is a lot of changes or fixes must be done. I believe we have to be thankful for everything made by ED team. About Steel Balls server: We making changes every day. We put modern AAA because...... everyone knows why. Yesterday, May 29th we accidentally left lables ON, sorry for that. Thanks to all of you who flying on SB serer, thanks to that people who contacting us and reporting bugs, mistakes, mismatches ....... Project "Steel Balls" is not commercial project, we don't ask any donations or other help. We're asking a little explanation, if you say "this server is sucks and ****ed up" please tell us why. If it's our mistake we will find the solution. If you killed by another pilot just more practice. Thanks again to all of you guys.

German

Alex

Rtyfgv

Edited by LETCHIK

.....love flying your server! looking forward to the mission you guys come up with for Normandy......thanks fo server and all the hard work you do......;-)

P-51, 109K4, 190D9, Spitfire MK IX, Normady :joystick:

i7 7700K, 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, ASRock Z270 board, Corsair 1000w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 24”, 180Hz/1ms, G-SYNC Monitor, Trackir 5, mfg Crosswind pedals, TM warthog,

Hi guys,

Steel Balls Server randomly host DCS 1.5 and 2.1 missions. We are testing this option now. Subject to change.

Just trying to help those pilots who still have only DCS: 1.5 and don't able to buy Normandy or upgrade computer.

Thanks a lot

Edited by LETCHIK

Hi guys!

I was just pleased to fly SteelBalls server in DCS 1.5 Caucasus map. Since I can't have Normandy right now (weak computer) and no new WW2 servers appeared in DCS 1.5 recently. And seems like I'm not the only one who's happy :)

sd5zclLyTKg.jpg

I would like to know when else SB server will be available on Caucasus. Will you be toggling between Normandy and Caucasus? Is there any schedule for that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello guys,

Quick update. We started to work on new set of missions. The general idea of missions are planes. Amount of planes. How it works. It’s going to be airbases from both side of front line. Amount of planes will be limited and goal is to save planes, Very important to land. If base lost all planes it still going to be base for refuel and rearming but to grab new plane you have to from far base. If that base also lost all planes you will go another base. If you like to take plane from far base you can do it. That was planes settings. Also will be ships with soldiers and armors. Reds have to destroy them and Blues have to defend. Next options will be B-17 and same goal, Reds destroy Blues defend. Let’s call this map beta, and we will continue working. I’ll let you know about any changes here on forum.

Thanks again to all pilots who flying with us and shows your support.

Special thanks to pilots who sent email with comments and suggestions

Steel balls team. :pilotfly:

Hi guys,

Our TeamSpeak server down. We will fix the problem ASAP

sorry

After first run "Wings over France", yesterday, we analyzed some issues and made couple of changes. It is still very important to save plane. They are limited at airfields. As today all plane cold started. We'll see how it works, if necessary we'll add hot started too.

thanks.

TeamSpeak server back online

Edited by LETCHIK

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

We made some changes:

1. Weather change (added dynamic weather)

2. Reduced mission duration

3. Adjusted amount of AAA

4. Adjusted custom labels visibility and opacity

Now we are working on bombers raids over France.

• 1 year later...

It's no lie, when I say that Steel Balls gets little to no attention. Burning Skies gets a lot of attention through events. However, their server is inconveniently placed on the opposite of the US, which obviously is an area with a lot of players. BS gives me a ping of 300. Steel Balls gives me a far better ping of 140, from Alaska.

So...what if Steels Balls hosted it's own WWII events?

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...