how to export avi from multiplayer session

blast

Hi everyone,

After multiple try and forums reading I post here with hope to have an answer to my question: how can I record a video from multiplayer session (openConflict server) without using fraps or similar real time capture?

What i tried until now is using the record avi option from the mission editor, but for some reason it stay on pause. I also tried to change the begin time a bit further but the result is still the same.

What am i missing here? can you tell me how you export your video?

thanks for your answers!

shadowplay is a good option without any noticeable performance loss and no adds, but you need a GTX 660 or higher to get this programm, but i can't help you with that ingame recorder

Alright. The avi recorder in game editor looks to be really ****ed up. It generates huge file size for only few minutes video (around 30Go and kept going if dont stop it) and it only record the map view (F10) with no activities.

So yes i will forget it and try shadow play. Actually i do have a gtx950, but when i try to manually record (using ctrl+F9) it says it can only works with full screen game. The fact is i am in full screen... What i am missing now?

Tyvm for your answers

If not, try to enable desktop recording in Shadowplay.

Desktop recording with shadowplay is not possible anymore? That feature has been removed quite a long time ago... Unless you know how to find it again, please let me know.

I finally solved my issue with recording with shadowPlay: I had to press alt+enter in order to be in "real" full screen. Because yeah, the game was completely in full screen, it even had the corresponding tick checked in options game, but no. DCS was not in full screen... :doh:

That was very sneaky...

Edited by blast

Oh, didn't notice.

I only knew there were games/sims I could only record with desktop recording.

Maybe I should re-check (or maybe you know) if recording in surround-mode now works ... it would mean I don't have to disable surround mode for my videos anymore (if in surround mode there is a way to only record the middle monitor).

Oh, didn't notice.

I only knew there were games/sims I could only record with desktop recording.

Maybe I should re-check (or maybe you know) if recording in surround-mode now works ... it would mean I don't have to disable surround mode for my videos anymore (if in surround mode there is a way to only record the middle monitor).

I dont know what is the surround mode exactly. Can you explain?