Main wheel tire popping on takeoff?

BlitzPuppet

Trying to troubleshoot why I regularly seem to end up with a popped left (I believe) tire on takeoff in the SU-27? I tend to gently rotate starting at 300kph and am in the air well before 400, and have had this happen with both the flaps up and down on takeoff.

Any idea what could be causing this? It doesn't happen ALL the time but it's gotten to the point that if I get off the ground without a popped tire I'm surprised.

Trying to troubleshoot why I regularly seem to end up with a popped left (I believe) tire on takeoff in the SU-27? I tend to gently rotate starting at 300kph and am in the air well before 400, and have had this happen with both the flaps up and down on takeoff.

Any idea what could be causing this? It doesn't happen ALL the time but it's gotten to the point that if I get off the ground without a popped tire I'm surprised.

Never had that happen. According to the flight manual, I believe the nosewheel should to be off the ground by 320k/h and the mains by 360k/h. Myself, I usually rotate no later than 280k/h and the mains follow shortly after. If I'm light, it'll happen earlier.

So it may be that you're pushing things waiting as long as you do. But, then again, it could be something else entirely.

And, not that it matters, but I seldom use flaps for takeoff.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Also, there is a thread, where they discussed popping tires a lot, you might should do some research

I saw that, but it looked like people were more complaining about popping the nose wheel tire due to braking which is not something I'm running into.

I'll try rotating at a slower speed and see if that helps anything.

Thanks for the input guys!

That's WAY too fast. Even with a full fuel load and taking off using only 100% dry thrust you should rotate at roughly 260-270 and should be wheels up and climbing by 350 Km/h. Retract flaps at 420 Km/h, re-trim and away you go.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Roughly stated in the RL manual.

Normal main wheel off the ground speed:

kg - km/h

23000 - 270

24000 - 275

27000 - 285 to 290

28000 - 295

There's also a chart which you can use gross weight, field pressure, ambient temperature, wind speed to check the exact take-off speed, but I don't think you would need that.

Edited by LJQCN101

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.