Invisible BGL-66 Belouga

diditopgun

Last patch from today (1.5.5.59992)

Belouga bombs are not visible under pylons.

They become visible only after being released.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

I'll check on Monday. Thanks for the heads-up.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

There seems to be a problem with the belouga model. It is not being loaded and that is why it is invisible. Unfortunately our modeler is unavailable at this time so we will have to wait for his return to see what could be the problem.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Nice find...

You have tested to change the name in the Shapename to be the same as the EDM?

PD: There are already a file called M2000C_BLG66.lua

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Similar issue here. Not only are the BLGs not visible under the wings, but when I drop them they remain invisible. They cannot be tracked with F6 nor do they actually impact.

After "releasing" them the only evidence they ever existed is this odd puff of smoke just above the intended targets.

Fixed in development. This bug took quite some time to defeat.

Any eta on ED/DCS getting the actual true weapon function in game for this marvelous weapon

I don't have it. It will be ready when it is ready.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much the same that I stated earlier in the thread. I can't see them under the aircraft. And when I drop them the are still not visible. Also, the only thing that lets me know that they were actually loaded on the air frame is this weird puff of smoke above the target after release. Can't be tracked through f6 either.

Well that is weird. The after release thing is normal for the most part due to how cluster bombs are modelled in the sim at the moment: as soon as the container opens and lets the bomblets loose, they do cannot be seen or tracked (I think they did that to save performance of having all those tiny bomblets rendered), right until they explode on the ground.

Normally, though, you should see the BLG-66 before release, and in the air for about 1 to 2 seconds. Not sure how to fix that. You are on the latest Release version 1.5.5.60503.215, right?

as soon as the container opens and lets the bomblets loose, they do cannot be seen or tracked (I think they did that to save performance of having all those tiny bomblets rendered), right until they explode on the ground.

The bomblets are modeled...check using slow-motion. They are modeled for ballistic and spread of impact simulation.

Was important in the A-10A and A-10C because of the way their CBUs work and can be adjusted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

May be, the bomblets were never trackable for me, so that may have been before my time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup: