Labels change in DCS 1.5.5.59992 Update 2

dcshobbis

Okay, I've been having a go at editing this. I still have no real idea what Color_Blending_k means, and what values it accepts, I've tried 0-1, 1-10 and I cant work it out.

Anyway, here is my Labels.lua

I've got it so that the labels for ground units are pretty subtle, and they disappear when you get within visual range, they are also hidden when more than 35k away.

https://gist.github.com/Steveveepee/de6c4543841d5a82c3cc588a763f483e

Ah, thanks Shrike :) I didn't get that at all in the readme. I'll give yours a try and report back.

Bmezz - I've changed the * to a . as its smaller for air targets.

Win10 Pro, CPU I5 - 6400, Ram - 16Gig, GPU Zotac 1080, SSD, CV1

Still too big perfect solution is one pixel size target in distance, but since the update I haven't found a way to make such thing

Crikey really? Bigger than the pictures i put up? if they are you need to change the model draw distance for VR. This seems to have an effect also.

For me, the labels are tiny. literally.

Thanks

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Crikey really? Bigger than the pictures i put up? if they are you need to change the model draw distance for VR. This seems to have an effect also.

For me, the labels are tiny. literally.

Thanks

'T'

Did you see those tiny labels thru your VR headset ? Because when I start DCS "normal" only then I get the labels like in you pictures, but not with VR.

Edited by MainSail

Win10-X64, I5,-8600K oc-4,8Ghz, 16GB DDR4, MSI RTX 2080ti, HOTAS Warthog, MFG crosswind pedals, KW-908 Jetseat , HTC Vive with lens mod.

Yep , labels are huge mod or no mod in VR , its crap now.. but hey, cant get simple things right until 2-4year trial and error :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What are your settings ?

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 3 weeks later...

My labels in NTTR are spot on---I am dreading an update though because that is when things went to shit on 1.5.

Before the labels would change when I changed my pixel settings (VR)---now, no matter what everything is BIG

Just to confirm that the pixel shifting also work: x for Forward(minus) to Back (plus) and y for up(minus) and down(plus)

ref: shift_pixels_x, shift_in_pixels_y

You can move e.g. a "." right to the center of the your LOD for a smoother transition.

Edited by Kadin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...