New DCS Mig23 and Mig-19 Project

VIRUS_AT

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Attack aircraft are my favourite in the DCS world!!

Mig-23 looks mean, will be a crack to fly.

well the mig23 MLA variant isnt a ground attack version ,but is an Intercepter/ A2A version.

It should however be able to arm some ungiuided bombs or Rocket pods, like the Mig21Bis, to perform air to ground as a secondary role.

Edit:

here found weapons stores sheet. Not specifc for the MLA ( Airframe wise MLA is the same as ML, just a improvement in avoinics) , but gives you an solid idea of what you can mount on a given hardpoint.

MiG23armas.jpg

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Rockets and gravity bombs. Kh-23 AGM radio controlled , like the agm-12 bullpup or the rb-05 with command pod in the port fuselage station.

Chaff/flares dispensers: 2 KDS-23.

The MLA is the upgrade of the ML for VVS with the avionic improvements that the 23P of the PVO has.

Sniped!

well the mig23 MLA variant isnt a ground attack version ,but is an Intercepter/ A2A version.

It should however be able to arm some ungiuided bombs or Rocket pods, like the Mig21Bis, to perform air to ground as a secondary role.

Edit:

here found weapons stores sheet. Not specifc for the MLA ( Airframe wise MLA is the same as ML, just a improvement in avoinics) , but gives you an solid idea of what you can mount on a given hardpoint.

MiG23armas.jpg

hmm.. AA11 Archer (R-73) ?

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

The Mig-23MLD was apparently able to use the R-73 but i dont think the Mig-23MLA has that ability.

That's what I thought, so would be awesome if they get the remainding information needed to complete data for a MLD version. The R73 will be a game changer for the Mig23 in MP.

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

WIll they be out before the Viggen?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well the Viggen is very close to release

and here is the quote from Prowler.

NOW no matter what you see here, these are in very EARLY stages, a LOT needs to be done and don´t expect absolutely anything until at least, final days of 2017 (yup, a year from now) for some solid news on these.

Both projects have zero (0) impact on current schedule so Harrier fans (and both Mirages as well) should not worry at all.

So The Mig-23 and Mig-19 are still very far away where as the Viggen will be available in the pretty near future.

Yes, the R-73 was retrofitted to the MLA but without the HMD.

Except a single experimental MiG-23M none of 23's had any kind of HMD. MLA never was able to carry and fire R-73, because all Soviet ML/MLA were rebuilt to MLD variant ( oryginally only 60 MLD was brand new ) and then part of them got Archers.

for me not having the MLD with R73's or HMD isnt a deal breaker, because im not expecting to use any Mig23 to face against modern fighters like an F15 anyways, when there are more modern aircraft better suited for that like the su27.

il settle for using the Mig23 on cold war servers, with legacy opponents., i do hope that the MLA does get an external mounted countermeasure pod.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Flares are more important I guess, were MLA's modified at some point with countermeasures?

Yeah, that were the MLD's. There are some internet rumors that earlier 23/27's could have a modified centerpylon that would accept the standard soviet flare/chaff dispenser, but I call it a myth until I see pictures/documents that prove otherwise

I'm actually glad we wont get the MLD's, they were not as fast, nor as stable, as the MLA's. The pilot workload should be massive enough as it is, and I doubt the more advanced avionics made it a lot better.

Edited by Vincent90
Damn typo's...