New DCS Mig23 and Mig-19 Project

VIRUS_AT

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they consider making more Variants once This Mig-23 is completed (a Mig-23BN or Mig-27 would be a great addition to this fighter Mig-23).

Yes! It would be awesome to see the MiG-23MF and other variants in game (I just love the look it has with the large vertical stabilizer) either from RAZBAM or from some talented modder if it is possible.

Oh, and by the way, having more and more popular and well known Soviet aircraft checked off the announcement list we kind of have pretty much nowhere else to go than for the more obscure onces like the often overlooked Su-15. Can't wait for what the future holds for DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A 23 in time for a F-14, finally a grudge match worth talking about, Day one buy on that baby, This is the most excellent news I've heard this year for DCS.

Great news.

Im very much looking forward to that Mig-23.

Its been one of the aircraft i have been hoping for the most.

I hope they consider making more Variants once This Mig-23 is completed (a Mig-23BN or Mig-27 would be a great addition to this fighter Mig-23).

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

great! but which model would be it?

I think MLD/ML would be much better

Its a Mig-23MLA.

The MLA is a late production Mig-23ML and it had some avionics improvements though

it was pretty much identical visually and performance wise.

And im very happy with the Choice of a Mig-23MLA.

I find it to be a happy medium especially if they were unable to get the info for a Mig-23MLD

and it should be a capable enough aircraft With its R-24R/T and R-60Ms.

Edited by mattebubben

Great. Looking forward to seeing these happen.

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

NOW no matter what you see here, these are in very EARLY stages, a LOT needs to be done and don´t expect absolutely anything until at least, final days of 2017 (yup, a year from now) for some solid news on these.

Both projects have zero (0) impact on current schedule so Harrier fans (and both Mirages as well) should not worry at all.

What scares me is that not a single mention to the Tucano, neither here or in their own Facebook page. And I'm happy with the anouncement of the Flogger, is just that my hype was high for the Tucano.

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

This looks great to me and I will definitely prepurchase both. All warbirds young and old are great, tho personally I dont quite see the point of the Tucano this is DCS after all.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Hmm that Mig-19 is sexy :)

I love these early generation jets so much more than the newer ones. I think the old-fashioned dogfights are much more fun than throwing BVR missiles at each other (though don't get me wrong, I still like doing that from time to time too). Using heat-seekers in a dogfight is tons of fun too. I bet I end up getting both of these beauties though!

If I read up correctly, it looks like the Mig-19P will have a primitive radar that can help steer you to a target but it doesn't have IFF? Similar to an F-5 correct? Admittedly I do not know much about the Mig-19P so maybe I didn't get all the correct info. I would be fine without IFF because the F-5 is my favorite jet right now and it doesn't hinder me much.

Either way, congrats to OverStatos and Razbam!

giphy.gif

**** „Es gibt alte Piloten und es gibt kühne Piloten, aber es gibt keine alten, kühnen Piloten.“ ****

Andre Kostolany

http://www.combatpilot.at :pilotfly:

Intel i5-3570k 4x3,4 GHz auf MSI M77 MPower, GeForce GTX 1080, 16 GB RAM DDR3-1.600, 500 GB SSD, Logitech G13 + G110, G35 Headset, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, WIN 7 HP, LG IP235P 32 Zoll 21:9,, TrackIR 5

Far, far away, but for those two I'll be waiting patiently :)

Bring them on!

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

What scares me is that not a single mention to the Tucano, neither here or in their own Facebook page. And I'm happy with the anouncement of the Flogger, is just that my hype was high for the Tucano.

Has nothing to do with this , RAZBAM absorbed the team that published they were working on the Mig19 and 23 , it shouldnt make a real different to their plans.

the Tucano was already shown flying ingame and with textured cockpit, thats closer than all other planes in development.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

wew, even though i prefer nato aircraft, im still stoked for the MIg23. a proper 3rd generation platform since unlike the 21bis, it can launch SARH missiles BVR/

il be a happy owner of the poor mans Phantom ( Jk)

also neat to see the Mig19. I hope we see someone develop the F-100( D model post project high wire) super sabre in response to the Mig19. after all both aircraft were the first supersonic capable fighters of thier respective nations. Latter also an important player in cold war, especially the Vietnam conflict.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Hmm that Mig-19 is sexy :)

I love these early generation jets so much more than the newer ones. I think the old-fashioned dogfights are much more fun than throwing BVR missiles at each other (though don't get me wrong, I still like doing that from time to time too). Using heat-seekers in a dogfight is tons of fun too. I bet I end up getting both of these beauties though!

If I read up correctly, it looks like the Mig-19P will have a primitive radar that can help steer you to a target but it doesn't have IFF? Similar to an F-5 correct? Admittedly I do not know much about the Mig-19P so maybe I didn't get all the correct info. I would be fine without IFF because the F-5 is my favorite jet right now and it doesn't hinder me much.

Either way, congrats to OverStatos and Razbam!

yea aparently some P models also got early heatseakers late in life, so I guess me may even expect it to get a pair of R3S missiles. Though i wouldnt count the Mig19 to be quite as good as the F5, due to lacking RWR, having worse heatseakers, not as good gunsight/radar tracking solution, and its guns NR23 & Nr30s are sport a slower ROF, and less ammo. that kind of setup is better suited for bomber shootdowns. after all it was intended for interceptor first, fighter second. honestly Mig19 is more of a counterpart to the F100 than a later design like the F5E

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Amazing, just amazing. The MLA and P variants are very well selected and should give enough difference with the avionics package LN has implemented on their Fishbed.

My only fear is they use their guesstimation on these birds as they did on their Mirage.

If not, they just sold 2 modules ;)

Nice that someone does Mig-23, little sad it is MLA instead MLD, so no flares/chaff and no R-73 helmet tracking....

It will become very interesting to see how people see it in combat...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Amazing, just amazing. The MLA and P variants are very well selected and should give enough difference with the avionics package LN has implemented on their Fishbed.

My only fear is they use their guesstimation on these birds as they did on their Mirage.

If not, they just sold 2 modules ;)

Guessttimation? it depends on what agreement Razbam had with Dassult, and if that entailed providing them with enough info, which is plausible.

also AFAIK the mig23 MLA detail aren't classified, nor is the mig19. At worst theyl only have to negotiate Licensing agreement, to not violate intellectual rights. ( depending on what the Mikoyans copyright policies may be)

Nice that someone does Mig-23, little sad it is MLA instead MLD, so no flares/chaff and no R-73 helmet tracking....

It will become very interesting to see how people see it in combat...

Considering Mig23 in general are legacy 3rd gen fighters ( not designed or expected to counter aircraft like the 4th gen "teen" series), i think the MLA is going to do fine, given it going pitted older legacy aircraft.. I am thinking if it ends to facing Mirage F1s, or say a for EG an F-4 phantom module, the Mig23MLA will be capable & competitive enough.

Edit:

re the flares/ Chaffs, yea MLA like the BIS lacks internal pod ( that the MLD would have) , however like the Mig21Bis this could be overcome by installing a external pod, like the AS0-2.

I read that some Iraqi Mig23Mls had external ASo-2 countermeasures pods installed, so perhaps we could see something like that on the Mig23MLA

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro