New DCS Mig23 and Mig-19 Project

VIRUS_AT

What are the aerodynamic difference between MLA and MLD Vortex Generators?

Looking foward to sometimes for upgrade to the MLD they provide better electronics.

can ask what you are missing from the MLD Variant?

Vortex generators on pitot tube, additional "dogtooth" on fixed part of wing, additional 33 degree wing position, heavy modified control system.

According many russian sources with those changes MLD had turn radiuses close to MiG-29. I'm sure that 23 will suprise you.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a great a great aircraft for Cold War set up :thumbup:

In my memory the former Warsaw Pact air forces were still largely equipped with Flogger in early 90'.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

And the MiG-23 had one hell of an engine.

In the book "Red Eagles" its acceleration is described as magnificient, and one test pilot basically says that the engine just didn't stop pushing, accelerating, even when the fuselage was already protesting, the plane was trying to fly faster than it could stand.

"It would accelerate until it blew up."

Edited by Aginor

So, just for clarification.

Is the MLD out of all consideration? You guys have settled for the MLA? If not definitive is possible to run a poll so community can choose which variant of those two?

And If the MLA is the choosen one, will you add the countermeasures bars?

Edited by Stratos
Added more content.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

So, just for clarification.

Is the MLD out of all consideration? You guys have settled for the MLA? If not definitive is possible to run a poll so community can choose which variant of those two?

And If the MLA is the choosen one, will you add the countermeasures bars?

They have stated that they had considered a MLD but were unable to find all the information needed for the MLD so are currently planning for a MLA

(as they had access to all information needed for the MLA)

But since its so early in development if they got all the info needed for the MLD it could still be an option.

I forgot to say it before, the MiG-23 model is based on MiG-23MLA, an MLD variants is possible but we still lack some important info abou it.

The other aircraft is a MiG-19P as some of you suggested.

Personally i dont care much either way =P on the one side the MLD is a bit more capable but the MLA is also more common with many more users so it would fit in more different ingame scenarios etc

(and i usually prefer a more common variant)

and the difference between the two is not that massive.

I might actually be slightly more interested in the MLA

(though either variant will be a day one purchase)

the only Mig-23 variants that could get me more excited then a MLA/MLD would be a Mig-23BN or a Mig-27 ^^.

Edited by mattebubben

Just to add a bit of info into all this, OverStratos is a genuine (meaning a flesh and bones..or should i say metal and rivets) Mig-23 MLA expert, he does have access to actual data and the actual aircraft, so expect this one to be a very accurate representation of this bird

Just to add a bit of info into all this, OverStratos is a genuine (meaning a flesh and bones..or should i say metal and rivets) Mig-23 MLA expert, he does have access to actual data and the actual aircraft, so expect this one to be a very accurate representation of this bird

Awesome :thumbup:

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

By the way, does someone happen to have the Mig-23ML/MLA and Mig-19P Flight Operations Manuals? As weird as it is, I can't find them anywhere on the internet. :huh:

All English, German, Serbian or Russian versions will do

this is for the Mig23ML and Mig23 UB . Its in Russian

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/ussr/mikoyangurevitch/mig-23/5379todo.html#download

Mig19 vanilla - also Russian

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/ussr/mikoyangurevitch/mig-19/19.html

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Neither of those are the flight operations manual. The first is about the aerodinamics fo both ML and UB, and the second is the operational manual for ground crew.

Lovely ;)

g8PjVMw.png

Neither of those are the flight operations manual. The first is about the aerodinamics fo both ML and UB, and the second is the operational manual for ground crew.

sorry my understanding of cyrillic was only good enough to determine that was a mig23 and the letters stood for ML and UB, and those were the only ones i could find, that are "free"

not an ML but a UB ( but its in english) though it costs $$

http://www.aircraft-manuals.com/migumig23yba.html

http://www.aircraft-reports.com/mikoyan-gurevich-mig-23-yb-aircraft-operating-flight-manual-english-language/

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Is there any idea what types of weapons are going to be modelled for the MiG-23 MLA?

I would be expecting loadouts along the lines of this ( no R73s for MLA. only MLD got those)

MiG23armas.jpg

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I would be expecting loadouts along the lines of this ( no R73s for MLA. only MLD got those)

MiG23armas.jpg

Precisely what I was thinking, but still would like confirmation, if possible. Probably too early to ask anyways, but hell, can`t hurt.

Would be neat if we got the X23 -> KH-66 Grom, according to my research it was capable of shooting it, and would make it a precision A-G striker as well.

Oh I need to supplement my Russian bird collection, give MiG 19 + 23 :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there any idea what types of weapons are going to be modelled for the MiG-23 MLA?

Well R-60M and R-24R/R-24T are pretty certain.

It will probably also include the standard R60 and maybe some K-13 variant (or variants) as well.

Dont know if its backwards compatible to the R-23R/T or if they might be included.

Some have also Speculated that the R-73 might be a possibility.

And For air-ground we should also expect to get Dumb Bombs and rocket pods (Should have both the S-5 Rockets and S-8 Rocket pods)

We will probably have to wait to know exactly what but my bet would be

something like this.

R-60/R-60M and R-24R/T with maybe some K13s included aswell

(Maybe a R-3S and a R13M)

And for Air-Ground the Rockets and Bombs.

with R-73 and R-23s being something we will have to wait and see about.

It's my understanding the main differences between the MiG-23MLA and MLD are the RWR, FCS and the addition of vortex generators. It would not be unreasonable to get both as a package.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.