IMPORTANT: Campaign Updates

baltic_dragon

Below, you will find the list of changes to the campaign included with the each update:

23/05/2018

M03: removed large airplanes potentially blocking path for the AI in Vaziani

M07: updated position of the British C-130s

M08: updated position of some ground units near the final parking spot

M09: changed S-3B Viking to KC-130

M12: added safeguards to Fang attack; added visuals / effects to Claw attack

06/06/2018

M01: Moved the C-130 blocking the taxiway, changed position of some troops at the airport

M10: Fixed cause of CTD experienced by some players during the dogfight; Fixed issue of L-39s not engaging player

M13: Removed C-130 blocking Chevy 5-1's path; Changed the music on mission completion to avoid copyright notice on Youtube

28/12/2018

M07: removed the Hercules causing problems with taxiing

M10: corrected AI behaviour and fixed bug where bandits would crash one into another.

M12: changed the starting time to 9am

22/11/2019

General update of the campaign. The changes are:

- some minor bug squashing (and one major one),

- new kneeboard for all the missions,

- updated the mission with the tanker and the last mission (the JTAC should now lase the target properly). Also reduced the number of waypoints in the last mission and added new maps (without automatic waypoint switching it was difficult to keep up). Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

PS. This will be added with the next OB update.

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be an idea to indicate which of these changes have already been implemented into DCS updates in the future.

Also apologies if i have missed the release, but is the plan still to release the mission briefs and related data in .pdf format still going ahead? I like doing all my mission prep out of the pit, would be great to have them.

Awesome... The Mirage is starting to feel like home to me now, just like the A10C. Makes playing this campaign so much more enjoyable, with the excellent work you've done, well i'm impressed.

Bravo sir, fantastic job.

• Like 1

IMPORTANT

It seems that the latest update brought about two crucial bugs from the point of view of the campaign.

First one stops recognizing player when he enters a set trigger zone, which will break a couple of missions (luckily I mostly used "UNIT INSIDE ZONE" which works, but in some instances, especially where you fly with a wingman, I also use "PART OF GROUP IN ZONE" which does not work ATM). This can have different consequences from not hearing some messages to not being able to progress.

Second one affects all missions with wingman - the triggered audio messages from your wingman won't be heard anymore.

In both cases I probably could go through all 2000+ triggers in the campaign, add dozens of audio files to other assets etc, but that would take many hours of work, which I don't have, unfortunately. So I need to ask you to be patient and wait until ED fixes this.

The problemis there are almost 0 fully working campaings or good missions for any module in dcs. Especially good ones. Even if someone tries to do something really good it will be broken by updates even before finished.

I was waiting to play mirage campaign when it is fully working so I can fully enjoy it without replaying missions.. I doubt this will be possible..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, good news and bad news.

Good news - both game - breaking bugs have been resolved with the last update.

Bad news - the last update brought a new bug that potentially may break missions in the second half of the campaign. GROUP DEAD for air units no longer works at the moment, which may have impact on Missions 9-13, I will try to check it in the coming days and update them.

It's been like this since 1.5 was released. One patch fixes one problem and introduces another.

@baltic_dragon: is there a version of DCS where all missions work as they were intended and if, which one is it? I'll do a rollback to this version, so I can finish the campaign in my days off from work till 2nd Jan.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

It's been like this since 1.5 was released. One patch fixes one problem and introduces another.

@baltic_dragon: is there a version of DCS where all missions work as they were intended and if, which one is it? I'll do a rollback to this version, so I can finish the campaign in my days off from work till 2nd Jan.

Your best bet would be 1.5.5.59992, from what a few others have tried and reported.

I'm tempted to revert too, to be honest, the M-2000C itself has some issues and despite the new features and some fixes, everything seemed to be rather fine with this version above. Perhaps the INS coordinates have to be checked, with the map and conversion to minutes.decimal instead of minutes' seconds".

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR