IMPORTANT: Campaign Updates

baltic_dragon

I have submitted an updated version to RAZBAM, it will be there with the next update. In the meantime you could grab the version from the separate thread (I am on my phone now, so I can't find it now, it is called Mission 6 in main campaign thread). I think something was messed up with trigger zones during one of the updates.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

An updated version of MISSION 1 can be grabbed in the first post, a temporary solution until taxi problem is solved.

Also new version of MISSION 9, with Saxon starting on runway. Hopefully this will fix things for you!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

In order to limit the effects of the January bug I will temporary change the date of the first few missions of the campaign (so there will be a discrepancy between what the game says and what the briefing pages / images say). It is a small price to pay, though, for having a fully working campaign - at least until this is fixed by ED.

Cheers,

BD

Thanks so much for keeping ontop of this stuff baltic, it must be frustrating having to keep tweaking things to get around current and new bugs.

Although i have finished the campaign, i look forward to playing it again in 2.5 eventually.

• 2 months later...
... the training missions in the default installation are the ones made by Baltic_Dragon?

Yes

Training mission bug tracker thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178164

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Is the campaign being updated every DCS 1.5.x patch or we have to download the newest version from you Baltycki Smoku ?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Most of the time it's a vicious circle: latest patch breaks a mission, mission gets fixed and is delivered in the next patch, that breaks another mission, ... rinse and repeat.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Is the campaign being updated every DCS 1.5.x patch or we have to download the newest version from you Baltycki Smoku ?

:)

The campaign usually is updated each time, but quite often new problems are being introduced.

I plan to do a detailed overhaul of the campaign for the new Caucasus Map, and honestly I would probably suggest to wait for it before flying - for better experience and all the bugs squashed (hopefully).

If you want to start now, just use the stock campaign from DCS and replace the missions which are available in the first post here (I usually remove them when I know they made it into the release version).

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks a lot for such a quick update, will fly it son :)

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I've updated the mission files and on Mission 6 I'm now starting in a hangar that is failing to open. Funny thing is that in F2 mode I don't see the hangar... Thought it may be a ghost but ran into it when taxi'd.

Also my kneeboard isn't showing the pages with my starting coordinates and other info like that. It has colored lines where the words are supposed to be. Anybody seen a fix to that, or has it been reported yet?

**I've discovered that every mission on the Caucasus map has new parking positions and I'm now updating them individually. Pain in the backside... this will probably need to happen in the campaign as well

Edited by granola1861

I've updated the mission files and on Mission 6 I'm now starting in a hangar that is failing to open. Funny thing is that in F2 mode I don't see the hangar... Thought it may be a ghost but ran into it when taxi'd.

Also my kneeboard isn't showing the pages with my starting coordinates and other info like that. It has colored lines where the words are supposed to be. Anybody seen a fix to that, or has it been reported yet?

**I've discovered that every mission on the Caucasus map has new parking positions and I'm now updating them individually. Pain in the backside... this will probably need to happen in the campaign as well

I updated almost all of the starting positions for the campaigns, it seems that the hangar door not opening, which was an issue for a long time in alpha version of 2.5, was still not fully resolved. I will check it & update accordingly.

The kneeboard is a general issue not only for M-2000C and probably will have to be addressed by ED as well.

Wondering if anyone can help me.

I can't for the life of me get past Mission 1 in 2.5. After the touch and go I can't get the downwind message to play no matter where I fly. I have watched videos and replicated their flight paths and alt/speed and still no joy.

When i look at the triggers in the ME i can see that I am definitely flying inside the zone so I'm wondering if maybe something is off with the landing trigger just before that?

Had a look around the forum but can't see anyone with a similar issue. This is more than likely me doing something wrong but just it case it isn't i thought I'd ask here. Tried 6 times this morning to complete it.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

Hey, if you wait another 30m or so I will upload a new version of the campaign. It seems that the elevation of the airport has changed which had effect on most of the triggers. Changing the MSL alt to AGL alt in the triggers for all missions to fix it - hope it will all work OK after that!

And sorry for the mess!

***EDIT***

I have updated all the missions, changing starting positions and landing triggers. Hope this helps!

Edited by baltic_dragon

I'm struggling with mission 6, I get all the messages but my score doesn't go above 50. I noticed the altitude for landing is still set to 60. Should it be 462 as with the earlier missions? The same seems to be the case for mission 7, and I've not checked the later missions.

Thanks very much!

edit: it's possible I had a slightly older version, the triggers are now based on AGL. I'll try again and report back.

Edited by brarna

I'm struggling with mission 6, I get all the messages but my score doesn't go above 50. I noticed the altitude for landing is still set to 60. Should it be 462 as with the earlier missions? The same seems to be the case for mission 7, and I've not checked the later missions.

Thanks very much!

edit: it's possible I had a slightly older version, the triggers are now based on AGL. I'll try again and report back.

Please do, I’ve updated all of them for AGL to avoid any problems now and in the future. It should be working fine now!

Please do, I’ve updated all of them for AGL to avoid any problems now and in the future. It should be working fine now!

Apologies baltic, I redownloaded and tried again and finally (6 or so attempts :joystick:) got it!

Also, a massive thanks for the campaign. Didn't realise it existed til last week and it's exactly what I wanted, something to go through all the basics. Really enjoying it, cheers!

Campaign updated (mainly missions 2 - lots of major tweaks, including fixing the tracers, or rather AI not shooting on other AI and hopefully speed of Colt in transit, 4 - wrong frequencies on red radio and 8 - list of changes here).

Files are available in the first post and should be also added to the next DCS update.