Zoom Function on X-45 Rotary Switch

LC34

Hello all, I set my zoom function up in the Axis Commands to allow my throttle Rotary Switch to control the zoom in game.

It works, however anytime I move the throttle it makes the zoom get all jittery. I go into the settings to adjust the dead zone, saturation, curve etc but I cant seem to stop the jitters. Any ideas what I could do to fix this?

I really like the zoom like this as it is more controllable when it works, kinda like having binoculars in the aircraft but sometimes it makes it hard to fly with it going all over the place. Anyone with any ideas to negate this? Thanks for any and all help.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

disabled it trying to figure it out and its still jittery with trackir, disabled zoom in trackir and seems like its my mouse wheel screwing with it.

Looked in my control setup and there is not a single thing the mouse buttons or wheel do in game or at least mapped to my controls yet the wheel still zooms in and out when I use it. Totally confusing where this is mapped to because like I said there isn't anything mapped to it.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

The "jitters" in the Saitek controllers axis' are caused by the cheap potentiometers they use in construction. Even brand new Saitek controllers can have and usually do have these jitters to some extent, getting worse as the unit ages. You can try to disassemble the controllers and clean the pots or find better quality ones to replace them with, but cleaning is a short term fix as they will soon begin to exhibit the same jitters again.

You have to live with Saitek's shortcomings, move to a higher quality product, or reassign your jittery control to some other less jittery axis, switch, button or key command.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Thanks Winston...I was afraid this old X-45 was getting too long in the service department.

Even worse is my practically new X-52 Pro that has the jitters in nearly every axis on the throttle! :joystick:

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Dang I'm sorry to hear that. I'm at a crossroads, playing with that zoom really helps me with my poor eyes, so I decided to save up for an Oculus Rift to both help that and the immersion of the sim.

Now with my X-45 just seeming to be a little on the older side and not working to the best of its ability it has me looking at buying a new hotas. Thought maybe the Warthog was down in price....NOPE! haha So, do I buy a warthog when I usually only fly the F-15 and Sabre, or stick with my 45 and get the rift?

Decisions decisions.

*edit*

I know my computer specs might play a factor in the rift decision, but more RAM is coming and maybe a new card.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

The "jitters" in the Saitek controllers axis' are caused by the cheap potentiometers they use in construction. Even brand new Saitek controllers can have and usually do have these jitters to some extent, getting worse as the unit ages. You can try to disassemble the controllers and clean the pots or find better quality ones to replace them with, but cleaning is a short term fix as they will soon begin to exhibit the same jitters again.

You have to live with Saitek's shortcomings, move to a higher quality product, or reassign your jittery control to some other less jittery axis, switch, button or key command.

+1