[REPORTED]Mouse and keyboard behave like crazy after 1.5.5.59992 Update 2

firmek

After the recent update the mouse and keyboard sometimes are going crazy:

1. Mouse doesn't stay where it was left.

After leaving mouse for a while, when the yellow cross cursor gets hidden the mouse is always re-positioned to a fixed place. More or less close to top left corner of the screen. It seems like a small thing but after a while it becomes extremely frustrating.

2. From time to time the mouse in outside F2 view is not working at all. The problem seems to be connected with switching the comm/radio menu on/off.

3. From time to time the keyboard also gets locked. Pressing any keys do nothing or result in some strange action - for instance F1 makes the whole cockpit disappear. Hitting F1 once again brings it back.

I'm not sure if it is related to VR changes. Can there be an clear and easy setting like "no VR" that would disable any VR specific features - for those that want to use the mouse and keyboard in a normal way. It's not fully clear if the options like "use mouse" or "cursor confined to game window" are affecting normal users.

Screen_161211_201722.thumb.jpg.dcaa3088c07f14dc8dd050fac9bc600a.jpg

Edited by firmek
TITLE

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• ED Team

Hi,

this has been reported and ED are looking into it.

The LAlt key is effecting the keyboard, so using the rearm menu for examle creates the problem. Pressing LAlt again clears the issue, basically it is acting like a toggle when it should not

Mouse issues are also reported

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the into Bignewy. Is there maybe a temporary fix - like using some files from previous 1.5 build or 2.0.x?

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Hi,

this has been reported and ED are looking into it.

The LAlt key is effecting the keyboard, so using the rearm menu for examle creates the problem. Pressing LAlt again clears the issue, basically it is acting like a toggle when it should not

Mouse issues are also reported

Thanks

Thanks BIGNEWY, I was getting a little panicky.......

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I've been suffering from this for a long time already as well, e.g. keyboard and stick mappings are in order, but trigger wrong responses / functions in the cockpit or do nothing at all. Just FYI :)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.