Tacview 0.84 - ACMI for LockOn: Flaming Cliffs

Tacview 0.84 in now available!

You can find all explanations and links on the official web page:

http://tacview.strasoftware.com

Here the list of the main improvements:

• Cockpit view
  • You can now select objects directly from the 3D view (Shift + Left/Right click)
  • Airport names are now displayed in 3D view and flight log
  • You can add your own custom static objects
  • French translation
  • Collations colors are now correct

Enjoy!

Vyrtuoz

• Like 1
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Vyrtuoz, more instructions are needed for adding these objects ... are the folders supposed to have a specific name, are the acmi files supposed to be placed anywhere special etc?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Great ongoing project.

Agree with GreyGhost here. Even though the directory setup is easy enough, it would be nice to give users a sample .xml file for the construction of custom static objects. Your example seems straightforward, but I'm having issues entering latitude and longitude info for placement. Your screenshot shows the creation of an airport.xml and tutorial.xml placed in the demo folder. Any way to include those or a threat range example as illustrated in your screenshots for users to have a base to work from?

Are there any plans out there for tacView to make the terrian more accurate? For example when I'm flying really low, the tacview shows that I'm running into the ground.

Also, i don't recall tacview ever showing other weapons besides air to air missile, for example bombs, guns, rockets...can we see those in the future? Note: i haven't tried the new version yet 0.84, I'll look into it next week but was any of these feature added into the new one?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]