Random cockpit glitches...ghost keys

Kornskydiver

Hey guys, I've been flying with the Rift the past couple of weeks and absolutely love it. However, An issue I'm having specifically with the Huey is that during mid flight my screen will stutter and my cockpit door will open. I looked into my controls and nothing is mapped to open the cockpit doors other than a switch on my warthog throttle. I'm using a warthog stick and throttle and a saitek x52 pro as my collective. I've tried unplugging the saitek and warthog throttle on separate occasions and still encountered the problem. Has this ever happened to anyone? Any suggestions? I have a 1200W power supply I think I'm gettting enough juice to all the USB devices. Oh...and this only happens when I fly with the Rift. Any advice would greatly be appreciated

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've had something similar happen a couple of times flying the F-15 using the Rift. The first time, the canopy opened mid-flight by itself and the electrical system turned off. Same thing happened again on another flight with the canopy, only this time just after I had landed and was taxiing.

Very weird and definitely a WTF moment both times.

Random cockpit glitches...ghost keys

You can have 3000w powersupply and still your USB ports get just same volt than in say 550w supply. So just try other USB 3 ports or buy cheap USB 3 pci e card :)

But it Looks like your warthog Throttle is broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've had something similar happen a couple of times flying the F-15 using the Rift. The first time, the canopy opened mid-flight by itself and the electrical system turned off. Same thing happened again on another flight with the canopy, only this time just after I had landed and was taxiing.

Very weird and definitely a WTF moment both times.

I had the exact same issues in the F-15 as well! Canopy opening and electrical systems turning off. Very weird. Did the problem resolve or does it still happen?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can have 3000w powersupply and still your USB ports get just same volt than in say 550w supply. So just try other USB 3 ports or buy cheap USB 3 pci e card :)

But it Looks like your warthog Throttle is broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think its the warthog because when I fly with the rift unplugged I have no issues

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it totally random? Any mission in particular? I haven't seen that behavior but I haven't flown the Huey since the last update.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Is it totally random? Any mission in particular? I haven't seen that behavior but I haven't flown the Huey since the last update.

No particular mission Hans. It happens on SP and MP.....and pretty much every aircraft. When the doors open their is a quick screen tear/freeze.....its real bizarre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

after connecting my rift i found out in te setting my warthog controller was messed up , what i did is that i exited DCS , i went to the start menu > thrustmaaster>update firmware .

i updated the firmware although they were the same version as b4 . the problem were gone.

I had the exact same issues in the F-15 as well! Canopy opening and electrical systems turning off. Very weird. Did the problem resolve or does it still happen?

Have not flown since, will fly again in a couple of days and see what happens.

after connecting my rift i found out in te setting my warthog controller was messed up , what i did is that i exited DCS , i went to the start menu > thrustmaaster>update firmware .

i updated the firmware although they were the same version as b4 . the problem were gone.

Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try tonight and report back!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately reinstalling the warthog firmware didn't work but I found a temp solution and that is to unbine the open/close cockpit door from the keyboard and joystick.

I am still getting split second freezes/glitches but they are no longer followed by the doors randomly opening. I still can't figure out how these split second freezes can trigger a key press. Maybe I should run the repair and see if it solves anything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am still getting split second freezes/glitches but they are no longer followed by the doors randomly opening.

I get them too, I had the ghost key on the F-5E for a bit. The flaps would go to manual and the lights would go to full at the same time. They weren't even mapped to any controller. That was with my old DK2. Now with the CV1 I just get the glitches. Seems to be a buffering type of thing. It just messes with the immersion now not my switches.

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

I get them too, I had the ghost key on the F-5E for a bit. The flaps would go to manual and the lights would go to full at the same time. They weren't even mapped to any controller. That was with my old DK2. Now with the CV1 I just get the glitches. Seems to be a buffering type of thing. It just messes with the immersion now not my switches.

Yup.....sounds identical to what I'm experiencing. I just don't understand why it only occurs in VR. I have my sensor plugged into a USB 2.0 slot so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I don't have any easy tracking issues though. I ended up purchasing the recommended inateck USB 3.0 pci card so maybe it'll help....if not, at least I get 4 extra ports lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Damn just happened again this time on the spit, EAC mapped to fuel cutoff lost the motor.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

Yup.....sounds identical to what I'm experiencing

Hey KSD, u still getting this problem?

Yup still getting it. My inateck USB 3.0 pcie card arrived today....installed it and still having the glitches. This time it's happening with my weapon selector switch since I now have nothing mapped on my warthog or keyboard for the cockpit door. My frames drop from 45 to about 15 for a split second before the action occurs. It's like the quick drop in performance causes the action. It's not totally ruining my experience as it occurs only a couple of times per flight but still...it would be nice to find a fix.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yup still getting it.

I can't believe that it's only us two.

Could it be game related? just now the exact moment my mirage engine flamed out on landing through no gas, it glitched, got the 4 second VR tearing, and got a massive yaw input to the left. It cant be TMWH as there is no pedal input.

It could be sound output related as the master caution came on a second after.

I have had it happen when a radio message occurs in a campaign too.

It happened with both my 980ti and my recent 1080 upgrade so its not specific to the graphic card.

Edited by reemit0772

It happens to me in every aircraft. I flew the gazzelle yesterday...after 5 minutes, had some screen tearing, frames dropped to the single digits followed by a few ghost inputs. I can actually hear several switches being actuated in the cockpit. Tried messing with ASW but it had no effect. I'll continue to try different things to see if I can find the source.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It happens to me in every aircraft.
me too.

It's like a USB interruption once or twice every flight, sometimes with unfortunate timing.

Last night I managed to see the A-10 control stick uncommanded fully deflect to the left and the throttles push forward at the same time the tracking was lost from the rift and the visual freezing and tearing occurred. the hourglass was there too. It was not related to a sound output then. I recovered in an inverted dive.

Everything I've tried doesn't fix it. USB power mgmt, USB swaps, firmware updates, driver updates, shutting down background services including controller profilers (FAST) and Logitech.

I've realised it mirrors the VR loading screen freeze so it could be something SSD, but why would it only affect VR and only DCS. I haven't yet tested in 2.0.

Could the Rift be spiking the USB bus on the motherboard.

Edit: a reinstall of the oculus drivers, and it's behaving at the moment.

Edited by reemit0772

I had a similar experience last night don't know if it's related, I'd been using my Xbox controller before DCS and hadn't turned it off. I was coming into land in the M2000 when my drag shoot deployed for no reason, I then got the usb disconnection sound and a message saying the Xbox controller had disconnected, it had turned itself off as I wasn't using it.

It seems strange that the Xbox controller turning off would cause the drag shoot to deploy! Maybe related to what your experiencing

Can you guys who are getting this glitch mention what OS you are using , i believe its a Windows 10 related issue with the USB3 , i installed windows 10 today and its been giving me issues with the USB 3 driver and caused this glitch to hapoen to me 2 times , i get a split second freeze and then the electric on my aircraft was gone like i had shut off the power. With windows 7 i didnt have a single issue.

Can you guys who are getting this glitch mention what OS you are using , i believe its a Windows 10 related issue with the USB3 , i installed windows 10 today and its been giving me issues with the USB 3 driver and caused this glitch to hapoen to me 2 times , i get a split second freeze and then the electric on my aircraft was gone like i had shut off the power. With windows 7 i didnt have a single issue.

Interesting about the windows 10 problem. sounds like the same thing. I'm on W10 too. Hopefully someone's got some ideas re this.

Could it be USB powersaving kicking in? Maybe you can play around with these changes:

http://9b5.org/2011/10/windows-disable-usb-power-saving-disableselectivesuspend/

Or the USB setting in BIOS: Intel xHCI to Enabled from AutoSmart. (or vice versa)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Thanks Hansangb, I had tried the powermgmt thing but not the registry edit. I'll try that next.

I have been reading that the Rift is not compatible with some USB controllers too.

Edited by reemit0772