Modeling License QUestion please help,i am about to bouy a PAK FA MODEL.

cubanace

if any of you have experience about modeling and the dif licenses can you guys please explain to me what this license is? i am about to buy a model in turbosquid.com so that way i can legaly add a pak fa to dcs world, the model states this license.

Royalty free license

Editorial Uses Allowed

May I use Stock Media Product of a 3D Model to create game mods?

3D Models may be used in game mods that satisfy the conditions for general use within games.

Just read the license, which isn't added to your post. I wouldn't get copyright license advice from this forum anyway, out of 100 people the survey will always come up with 5 who think you will go to jail and a bunch who will scare you out of doing it.

I won't give you advice, but I would say that I'd have gone ahead and done it with a lot less thought.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I guess I'm one of those 5...

That site (I took a peek at the prior one) doesn't really have licenses. I'm not convinced most of the models that were uploaded are legit.

My only advice is that if you're buying a model for purposes of making a mod that you'll distribute widely to the community for free, you want to look for "non-commercial re-distribution" as something that's allowed.

If you're just planning to share a model with a few friends privately (not on these forums) then the lesser private-use clauses are fine.

However, personally if I were going to sink hundreds or thousands of hours into making something, I'd want to know all future uses of the model were covered. If you cannot be sure of this, IMO you're better off just making it yourself from scratch.

Do what I did with Lilkiki's Mistral.

When it first came up in a thread I believed it was his own work and I did some new decks for him and together we started to change it to suit DCS. That stalled when he got ill.

After he died I tried to finish the model for him only to be told that the model itself was ripped from a current game, owned by a Norwegian Company.

I had two choices, give up, or try to finish it. Markindel was helping me at this point, and he had done a lot of work, so I decided to try and finish it, legally.

None of us knew if Lilkiki had any kind of permissions to use this model so I contacted the rightful owners, explained what had happened, and what we were aiming to do. They were really great about it and we got full permission to finish the Mod, which we agreed could be issued to the site on a no fee basis, and anyone wishing to do anything else with it was required to get their permission to do so.

I put all that in the readme with full credit to them for continuing ownership of the model, and everyone was happy.

If in doubt, ask the rightful owner and get permission in writing, its time consuming but its the right way to do it. And its not that difficult.

Edited by crazyeddie

As Stated Previously:

Along with the Artists License Agreement

Digital Uses (such as within computer games) may require legal clearances from third party intellectual property owners (Sukhoi, Boeing, Lockheed Etc)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178996

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

yes i already figured all that out, thats not a problem i will get clearance for it to be able to share with our community,again thank you,for i am extremely new at making modeles and using 3dx max,but that is not stoping me from making the pak fa a reality,its good to know the legal rights,never knew this was this serious but its worth the time and all the hastle, this is my webpage for the pak fa module.

https://www.facebook.com/Cubanace-Simulations-138020453352341/

And this is the Model il be using for my project it already includes everything,meaning materials and rigged for animation, i would have to code it into the game and rework the cockpit to be able to use its sistems in dcs world,so all the credit goes to the maker of the model not me, i am only coding it into dcs world,also il try and make the vectored thrust engine work.

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/1092952

I guess I'm one of those 5...

That site (I took a peek at the prior one) doesn't really have licenses. I'm not convinced most of the models that were uploaded are legit.

My only advice is that if you're buying a model for purposes of making a mod that you'll distribute widely to the community for free, you want to look for "non-commercial re-distribution" as something that's allowed.

If you're just planning to share a model with a few friends privately (not on these forums) then the lesser private-use clauses are fine.

However, personally if I were going to sink hundreds or thousands of hours into making something, I'd want to know all future uses of the model were covered. If you cannot be sure of this, IMO you're better off just making it yourself from scratch.

good point,and again i thank you all for the information i am in new waters regarding creating modules,good to know the rules and legal rights.

Do what I did with Lilkiki's Mistral.

When it first came up in a thread I believed it was his own work and I did some new decks for him and together we started to change it to suit DCS. That stalled when he got ill.

After he died I tried to finish the model for him only to be told that the model itself was ripped from a current game, owned by a Norwegian Company.

I had two choices, give up, or try to finish it. Markindel was helping me at this point, and he had done a lot of work, so I decided to try and finish it, legally.

None of us knew if Lilkiki had any kind of permissions to use this model so I contacted the rightful owners, explained what had happened, and what we were aiming to do. They were really great about it and we got full permission to finish the Mod, which we agreed could be issued to the site on a no fee basis, and anyone wishing to do anything else with it was required to get their permission to do so.

I put all that in the readme with full credit to them for continuing ownership of the model, and everyone was happy.

If in doubt, ask the rightful owner and get permission in writing, its time consuming but its the right way to do it. And its not that difficult.

wow that was amazing good thing you did not give up, good work!,sorry about your friend.