Trees in BS.

They didn't remove anything. They just replaced the skin with a higher resolution skin, If I infer correctly.

What is the new resolution of the tree skin compared to the old?

And yes, we all want to know if the trees will stay without collision meshes, or if they will damage our models!

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

In the BShark video by Glowing AMRAAM (great!), the helo clearly flies through a tree after gunning something. Or at least through the top 1/4 or so, so perhaps that doesn't speak for the lower section of the tree. Of course, things can still change I suppose...

yeah, it would be very unrealistic if you could fly these choppers through trees (or aircraft for that matter) but then again what about weapons? Can a missile fly though a bunch of trees also? Can you hide behind a tree in same manner you can hide behind a building?

And what about if you chose scene file on Low or Medium, forests are gone that way so you have nothing to hide behind... or if scene file is Low there are no building either!

I am having many questions about this all of which, of course, I have no answer to... untill I get BlackShark CD in my hand...

No longer active in DCS...

ya again...why to render things what u can t see (or to late) and why to render things u can fly through....

for me personaly (visib range high and scene LOW) i dont wanna kill my game for the beauty of nothing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do believe "someone" took the trouble to explain to you how to swap the High Scenes File for the Low Scenes file. No matter what the server settings are. So then you have nothing to complain about. Nor do you need to restrict your self to servers that only have Low scenes.

.....And yes, we all want to know if the trees will stay without collision meshes, or if they will damage our models!

As far as I know, collision with trees is something you can set in the MEINIT file. It is set to OFF by default since AI doesn't "see" trees.

The trees don't have a proper "destroyed" model though

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

It can be set? I had no idea! So if set to "ON", we will actually expload into a fireball if we fly right into a tree? I would love to see that.

And about the damage model. I do remember seeing you post a screenshot of a the burnt remains of the tree model. Perhaps we could use that?

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

I do believe "someone" took the trouble to explain to you how to swap the High Scenes File for the Low Scenes file. No matter what the server settings are. So then you have nothing to complain about. Nor do you need to restrict your self to servers that only have Low scenes.

yeah true i am not complaining(question it is !!) but it makes no sense

and yes one good friend of mine "CLOWN" explained me that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

wow...ED seriously needs to consider this. Whats the fun with having trees in the game...if they don't function the way they are supposed to? I guess multiplayer shouldn't be too much of a issue..if the scenes are fixed as we have now....and basically player HAS to play at that level. Singleplayer can be fixed by making AI fly a little higher than the tree tops.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

If the trees were solid objects, flying lowlevel would be alot more difficult, realistic, and fun. We could also actually use the trees as cover, and not feel like we were cheating.

I wan't the challenge of having to mantain my clearance between a swath of trees around me as I attempt to lock up a tank in my TV through the breaks in the branches.

Hiding in the trees for cover would introduce a whole new aspect to gameplay as well. I like the idea of hiding menacingly behind foilage, popping up, launching off a shot, and dropping back down.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

wow...ED seriously needs to consider this. Whats the fun with having trees in the game...if they don't function the way they are supposed to? I guess multiplayer shouldn't be too much of a issue..if the scenes are fixed as we have now....and basically player HAS to play at that level. Singleplayer can be fixed by making AI fly a little higher than the tree tops.

at this rate they should replace ground textures by generic black and white squares. Its much more perfomence friendly and you wont hit any grass or gravel anyway! ;) :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Hope it will also mean ED has came up with a better ground object LOD management system. Becasue any significant ammount of trees and cities will prevent much helo flying for most people anyway.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It can be set? I had no idea! So if set to "ON", we will actually expload into a fireball if we fly right into a tree? I would love to see that.

And about the damage model. I do remember seeing you post a screenshot of a the burnt remains of the tree model. Perhaps we could use that?

Yes, you can set it. NOte that AI fly low at times (no way to change this)so they hit trees quite often and therefor become useless.

The screenie you mention was a burned tree that was a part of a house+tree object. The damage model was of that object and not of a tree. http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/5046/screenshot022et5.jpg

I don't remember what the damaged model of trees was, but I think they simply sink into the ground and maybe leave a big fireball.

Since a tree graphic can be triangular in shape and cover a surface of 12x12km, this might look rediculous

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=17445

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

Please don't add collision models to the trees, I already barely get 20 fps when flying over cities (usually 16-18) and I don't have AA and AF, and other pretty things turned on, heck, my game looks like Flanker with updated models. And if ED for some reason decides to give each a collision box, please give an option to turn that off.

I don't care if the trees are transdimensional, as long as I don't have to watch a slideshow I'm controlling, like FS X :| I get crap fps and 1995-like textures, yet all those stupid MFDs are all shiny and process demanding. Sim Heil was right I'm afraid, not so funny now.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

.....I already barely get 20 fps when flying over cities..... please give an option to turn that off.

I don't care if the trees are transdimensional, as long as I don't have to watch a slideshow I'm controlling...

Cannot agree more - running out of coffee and doughnuts just now waiting to clear cities...:cry::D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'