PAK-FA Project

For me, it's not the Pak-fa that's important here. What's important is this man (probably very young, sorry if I'm mistaken, doesn't really matter anyway :D), with a strong desire to learn and create something! And we should support him the best we can.

cubanace, keep up the good work, and keep us posted throughout your journey, I'm sure it will be an interested one! Best of luck! :thumbup:

Please... just let him do his thing. "Flyable" mods with incorrect cockpits, SFM and such are released everyday. At least he is trying to make something that non of us will ever have a chance to buy from the established devs. A pak-fa mod on pair with FC3 level aircraft would still be really cool. Keep up the good work and good luck!

Nobody can and will prevent him to realize this mod. And, to be honest, and FC3-like version with SFM would be a MUCH MORE realistic target, maybe to be upgraded in a second release. But telling him that he will certanly could achieve what he want alone or only with a 3D modeler support, whitout additional help or proper knowledge or data, it's simply lying to him with the risk of ruin its passion at the third or fourth "Hey, I have to redo everything cause what I did before can't be used for the next step".

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Nobody can and will prevent him to realize this mod. And, to be honest, and FC3-like version with SFM would be a MUCH MORE realistic target, maybe to be upgraded in a second release. But telling him that he will certanly could achieve what he want alone or only with a 3D modeler support, whitout additional help or proper knowledge or data, it's simply lying to him with the risk of ruin its passion at the third or fourth "Hey, I have to redo everything cause what I did before can't be used for the next step".

i understand your point of view 100%,yes this may seem like an impossible task,due to the fact that i am a newbe at coding and modeling and lack of information on the Pak Fa,but i have something that many here dont have,and that is the will to learn and not give up, you guys dont think i know how hard this is? i am not blind to the truth but!! this is something that i really want to see become true and i will nto stop untill i get this out,its going to take along time i know, but the truth is that i like what i am doing and learning in the mean time,maybe others have given up when the hardest part came up,thats not going to be the case with me,i actually love to see improvements that i acomplish by my self and with the help of this comunity, how can i put it in simple words? i am not giving up,i am learning and i willl make this happen, i have the time unless i drop dead,and sorry for my english, first version will have SFM and then il move into more advance testbeds,its just a matter of time of me learning and figuring stuff out, so far i have figured out some things in SFM like,roll rate,thrust,angle of attack,what i am trying to figure out is to make the plane handle better at near stall speeds with the vector thrust,again guys i thank you all for your support.

Edited by cubanace

For me, it's not the Pak-fa that's important here. What's important is this man (probably very young, sorry if I'm mistaken, doesn't really matter anyway :D), with a strong desire to learn and create something! And we should support him the best we can.

cubanace, keep up the good work, and keep us posted throughout your journey, I'm sure it will be an interested one! Best of luck! :thumbup:

Thank you i am really old lol, i am 42 years old,i think that is why i am not giving up ,i know what i want and this project means a lot to me.

Please... just let him do his thing. "Flyable" mods with incorrect cockpits, SFM and such are released everyday. At least he is trying to make something that non of us will ever have a chance to buy from the established devs. A pak-fa mod on pair with FC3 level aircraft would still be really cool. Keep up the good work and good luck!

Thank you for your support!!.

I`m afraid to disappoint you, but there are almost no info about advanced coding for dcs mods. only separate isolated posts from enthusiast, not from dcs devs(of course this is not relates to official 3rd parties).

Thats huge dangerous for newbie modmakers, they start to do something, and when time comes to serious works - efm, systems etc they understand they cant do it. time wasted, effort starts melt, and RIP mod... there are a lot of such examples :(

For me good point that someone at least try to do something (sadly my russian community in this total silent, there are just absent any of project with EFM), thats why I like current pakfa project.

i Agree 100%lol there is no such thing, we have to figure things out ourselfs,shit look how far you have come with your coding for your Vector thrust formula,i bet someone at some point told you that that was imposible.

Thank you i am really old lol, i am 42 years old,i think that is why i am not giving up ,i know what i want and this project means a lot to me.

I was right then, you're the same age as me (43 next month). Sorry for off topic... :pilotfly:

Who said that you need more than 9 G to perform a Cobra? that is the reason why Cobra manouver is performed in a limited speed range. I think you are mixing up this point due to the fact that turning off the AOA limiter in the Su-27 (which is what is done to perform the cobra) also turn off the G limiter.

Also... relevant data could not being available for not years but decades... I hope you could reach what you dream but I have to advice that It's 99.9% an enorumus time loss. Unless you want to release a much more "game" module, not that much related to simulation. I'm not saying this because of the aircraft choice only, but cause you claimed first that:

- You are a newbie at coding;

- You are a newbie at DCS related coding;

- You even don't know what is an SDK;

- You are a newbie in 3D modeling;

- You are a newbie in flight model theory.

It's like say that you want to build up an F1 team and drive the car but, sadly: 1. you still do not know how to drive 2. you don't know difference between a racecar and a Ford Fiesta and 3. you never see a circuit in real life. It's not impossible... but it's really unlikely. You need a team of people with a lot of knowledge, free time and zero revenue desires.

sorry for my english i think you missundestood me, i was trying to explain that in order for them to do the cobra manuver they would have to turn the limiter off wich means they can infact turn the limiter off Skatezilla said that the pak fa could not turn of its computer for it to go above 9 gs, if you cant turn of the computer then how is it able to do the cobra? forget about the 9 gs thing, my point was to point out that you can turn of the flyby wire computer to do crazy things in the pak fa or su 35,30,27 ex, yes i understand that the computer controls the Gs limit to not go above 9 gs,but that can be turned off,that was my point, so by turning off the computer and flying at lets say 425 mph it can pulll hard Gs with the computer off (limiter) but with the computer on it cant go above 9 GS.

- You are a newbie at coding;

- You are a newbie at DCS related coding;

- You even don't know what is an SDK;

- You are a newbie in 3D modeling;

- You are a newbie in flight model theory.

Yes i am all of the above and i am ok with it i will learn and make this happen,first as SFM and then advance flight model,we havent even gotten to the part of clickcable cockpit and animated MFS lol, i rather not talk about it you guys might think i am crazy.

I`m afraid to disappoint you, but there are almost no info about advanced coding for dcs mods. only separate isolated posts from enthusiast, not from dcs devs(of course this is not relates to official 3rd parties).

Thats huge dangerous for newbie modmakers, they start to do something, and when time comes to serious works - efm, systems etc they understand they cant do it. time wasted, effort starts melt, and RIP mod... there are a lot of such examples :(

For me good point that someone at least try to do something (sadly my russian community in this total silent, there are just absent any of project with EFM), thats why I like current pakfa project.

And you've misinterpreted his intended plans for his aircraft. The documentation on the forums/outside of them is more than enough to create a mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Yes i am all of the above and i am ok with it i will learn and make this happen,first as SFM and then advance flight model,we havent even gotten to the part of clickcable cockpit and animated MFS lol, i rather not talk about it you guys might think i am crazy.

Imho this is why the devs are speaking to the comunity so little... :music_whistling::D

Imho this is why the devs are speaking to the comunity so little... :music_whistling::D

Yep, people just through criticism left, right and center. Just let the devs do they own thing :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

DCS isn't an open source product and I don't think there is any business reason for ED/TFC developers to speak to the community. I applaud anyone who is willing to spend their own free time on a project like the OP is trying to tackle. Let's try not to scare those types of community members away.

DCS isn't an open source product and I don't think there is any business reason for ED/TFC developers to speak to the community. I applaud anyone who is willing to spend their own free time on a project like the OP is trying to tackle. Let's try not to scare those types of community members away.

Might work on others but not me, I actually enjoy the challenge and each time someone says or tells me that I can't make this happen,all I say in silence is "just wait and see". Thank you for your support.

I will have different updates along the way as my mod delevops, first beta is going to be SFM with equation of what I can gather of the pak fa and then down the line I'll move into more complicated stuff as I learn more like advance flight model and click able cockpit.

Are there any tools to helps us make EFM for our mods/modules? No special downloads or anything ? Or is it just pure coding and upgrading PFM?

/DCS World/API/

Has the Project Files.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

little help please and thank you.

ok after installing Visual studio i see that i can finally open up files in DCS WORLD/API, ok whats next? i see 3 dif things in the API folder,i see ExternalFMtemplate,include and DCS_Control Api, seems like externalFMtemplate is kinda like a sample they give you to start out of off? and code my own formula,or what would be the next step into coding my own EFM? i learn that i have to add both SFM for AI and EFM for my own flight model correct? and the Folder called (included) has the FM and cockpit datas, is this where i need to code my planes EFM? ex?

Edited by cubanace

Seriously man, start looking around the forum and doing some research rather than just asking the questions and expecting people to answer.

Considering you know absolutely nothing, start here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116901

and actually *read* the guide. Don't skim it.

What makes you think i dont have those guides already? or that i dont read? just cuss someone asks for help does not mean they dont read guides,there is a lot that those guides miss and someone with experience might explain it better or is that to much to ask?

Edited by cubanace

If you'd have read those guides + others, you'd have known that your efforts should be focused on generating your SFM first, and would probably be working through the Wunderluft examples and getting something resembling a believable SFM set up for the Pak-Fa.

Considering you didn't even know what Visual Studio was until a scant couple of hours ago, there's absolutely no need to even think about the EFM for quite a while.