Mini War = The Movie

Ice

Very evenly balanced?

First, the battlefield is in the mountains, and I believe we can all agree that F15s suck in those hills. How can u call it balanced when the terrain of the battlefield is one side's nightmare but the other side's dream?

Second, the SAMs are very different for two sides. Near the frontline, the red side has Tors, while the blue side has Avengers. The range of Tor is nearly 3 times as long as the range of Avenger, that is why blue fighters get engaged by multi-SAMS, while those Avengers cant even cover the whole area, leaving holes in the blue air-defence system.

Third, IMO, those Su27s are no way help for F15s. I'd rather hear the SAM launch warning for ten times than to hear the warning when a Su27 turns on his radar behind me. I dont know whether he is friendly or foe, but I do know there are bandits who can come from behind by flying low in the northern white mountains, which are covered only 2 Avengers. Having Su27s on blue side only makes F15s keep turning around to IFF, and things get much worse when quite a few Su27s flyers love to jamm.

well, yeah, blue side is more permeable, but then it makes red fighters always fly low. They become easy pickings from above if they try to pass the frontline. But in the recent days this has changed. Usualy only 1 tries to kill the ticondergoga and the rest keep themselves safe under their SAM umbrella.

Ill make my best to prevent this, but for example yesterday, red team was in majority when they had the SAM's. When these were taken out, red players started to leave the server. I juts cant understand why 99% of the people preffer to fly low all the time. When they are met by high fliers pressing them from above, they just cant adjust. Tactics people, tactics please.

Had alot of fun the other day though. lotsa 169's droped by at once and made massed assaults.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I know I'd be interested in that, from a BW perspective, and I reckon our FW would be too but its a real SOB organising enough people at decent times. If it is a go-er at some stage we'd obviously like to pair up with the 44th

Im keen at having another crack at this too - lets see if we cant rustle up a plan and some pilots for it....

P.S. Sven - good to see another Perth guy about!! ;)

vvs504sig.jpgvvs504sig.jpg

BomberWing, VVS504 Red Hammers -

http://www.vvs504.co.uk

Ill make my best to prevent this, but for example yesterday, red team was in majority when they had the SAM's. When these were taken out, red players started to leave the server. I juts cant understand why 99% of the people preffer to fly low all the time. When they are met by high fliers pressing them from above, they just cant adjust. Tactics people, tactics please.

Because LOMAC encourages such flight profiles - they are unrealistically successful as well - IMHO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Because LOMAC encourages such flight profiles - they are unrealistically successful as well - IMHO.

While I understand what your saying it is not necessarily the case, since low fliers still have the kinetic and initiative disavantage.

My PC specs below:

While I understand what your saying it is not necessarily the case, since low fliers still have the kinetic and initiative disavantage.

I'm not sure who's not understanding whom: I'm saying you should prefer flying at high altitude.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Its funny, we just had someone flying the F15 leave the server $##5% Sams this and ^@@^@ Sams that.

Air superiority on this mini war is "Earned". It is not a right.

Im sure its the same in Real Life too.:thumbup:

Great work Swartz for the movie.

Great work for the mission & map Ice.

Cheers S! :thumbup:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

no, I know who that was, though it wouldnt be very elegant to name him.

• Like 1

My PC specs below:

But it's REAL, so is the carrier garbage...since you guys according to ice have taken it down 20 times? Like I said I have flown with it since hmmm 2003.

That the AWACS in LO bears any resemblance to how a real AWACS operates is delusional. It is more of a detriment than an aid ... unless you're flying a Russian bird with data link.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real AWACS have enough electronic kit to chalenge any fighters aiming systems.

My PC specs below: