TF-51 blurry skin

Donut

I have been flying the TF-51 in 2.0 lately and noticed that parts of the skin of the aircraft appear blurry. I have attached a screenshot for reference so you can see, especially the fuel cap. Also, the bare metal parts of the aircraft are lacking the shiny metallic look. I am trying to see if it's an issue on my end, an issue with the TF-51 only and is improved with the P-51, or if it is just the way it is. Thanks for the help!

Screen_161217_233312.thumb.jpg.f9accec6f819748588e7b222dc987165.jpg

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Which one of default liveries is this?

The screenshot is of the "Miss Velma" skin. However, I have the same issue on all of the default TF-51 liveries except for "Gunfighter." That one looks like it has a haze layer covering the whole skin. I did have a chance to test some skins I downloaded from the user files and found that the metallic skin issue was fixed but the blurriness was not. It looks to me like some of the rivets, fuel cap, and other details are not part of the model, but just part of the skin. Is this the same on the P-51D model?

are your Texture settings on medium? turn them up if they are on medium

All of my settings are maxed out except shadows. I do not have any issues with the A-10C, F-86F, and F-5E. I am beginning to think this isn't an issue but just how the TF-51 is. I would like to know though if the P-51D is of better quality. I am considering purchasing it with Normandy hopefully being released soon.

I doubt they're different, as they both appeared in a similar timeframe of 2012-ish (actually, I think the TF was released somewhat later) and judging from the instant and training missions, they haven't had their skins updated for years. That being said:

a) if You want the absolute best skins available for the Mustang anywhere on the net (both quality and quantity), forget about default ones, google for Lock-On Files website, register there and browse through the archive of skins made by T.W. (admin of the mentioned site and persona non grata here, hence You won't find his works in "User Files" section);

b) we've been said the ED would upgrade the Stang somewhat for the upcoming Normandy project, so maybe liveries will be a part of that as well.

EDIT: Just checked, yep, the same low-resolution texture is in the P-51D as well.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.