I am a liitle confuse here, can help me?

Ini the trainning mission. It says Su-27 flanker has two engine with 12500 kg thrust each. But after I give Su-27 2 ECM, 2 R-73, 2 R-27ET and 2 R-27ER, it has a weight of about 28000kg. How can that be?!?!

And the Lock on manual did not give me enough information here,

e.g.

It says R-73 has a max G of 30. So every time after I launch it I press the F6 key. I found R-73 never fly at 30G or even 10G. Did I miss anything here?

And I hope some one can here can tell me which missile below is come first, second, ...... and why. (Forget about anything else, just talk about maneuverability).

R-27s and R-27Es, R-27EM, AIM-7, AIM-120 and R-77.

Trainning mission tells me ECM can reduce the lock on range. But I don't how to use it in the air combat.

And the last question is how do I tell the difference between the plane has FBW or not when I pilot it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ini the trainning mission. It says Su-27 flanker has two engine with 12500 kg thrust each. But after I give Su-27 2 ECM, 2 R-73, 2 R-27ET and 2 R-27ER, it has a weight of about 28000kg. How can that be?!?!

Because the missiles are -really heavy-, not to mention your fuel is -really heavy-?

And the Lock on manual did not give me enough information here,

e.g.

It says R-73 has a max G of 30. So every time after I launch it I press the F6 key. I found R-73 never fly at 30G or even 10G. Did I miss anything here?

Yes you are. The missile will fly and pull as many G's as it must. Often while accelerating it is pulling 20+ g, but this is not displayed.

And I hope some one can here can tell me which missile below is come first, second, ...... and why. (Forget about anything else, just talk about maneuverability).

R-27s and R-27Es, R-27EM, AIM-7, AIM-120 and R-77.

R-77, AIM-120, R-27E, AIM-7, R-27.

Realistically it would be: AIM-120, R-77, AIM-7, R-27E, R-27, but it is not like this in LOMAC.

Trainning mission tells me ECM can reduce the lock on range. But I don't how to use it in the air combat.

Well ... burn-through is 25km. Except for AI - AI cheat.

And the last question is how do I tell the difference between the plane has FBW or not when I pilot it.

No aircraft has FBW.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thanks for explan, But I still don't understand how can a aircraft takes off if it is heavier that the thrust.

And in Mr Ironhand's web, it says Su-27 has Fly-by-wire system.

And what does burn-through is 25km mean?

These days I am try to fly Su-33, but I feel it has a lower maneuverability that Su-27 and can not take as many AOA as Su-27. Is it true or just my feeling was confused me?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An aircraft does not have to have a thrust-to-weight ratio of more than 1-to-1 in order to be able to fly. Look at the C5 Galaxy and the Antonov AN-124/225's. We're talking aircraft with a max takeoff-weight that far far exceeds the amount of thrust from the engines.

The engines are not the main thing that keeps an aircraft aloft, that's the wings' job. Of course, having engines does help, but there's not a requirement that the amount of engine-thrust is greater than the weight of the aircraft. Having more thrust than weight is an advantage when it comes to manouverability and agility in the air, though.

If you take an SU-33 with max weaponsload and compare that to an SU-27 also with max load, you will see a clear difference in agility and manouverability, mainly because the SU-33 will be heavier. Heavier aircraft means more inertia, which again means leads to less manouverability. You will see a radically different aircraft if you compare a fully loaded Su-33 to one without any weapons at all, mainly because of the weight.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Trainning mission tells me ECM can reduce the lock on range
Imagine it is a foggy night and you are driving and there is a dead dog in the road. On a normal night, your car lights can see the dead dog at a long distance and you can avoid it. On a foggy night you cannot see as far with your car lights.

Your radar is the car lights and ECM is the fog.

And what does burn-through is 25km mean?

Suppose the enemy is using ECM against you, it means that your radar is powerful enough to "burn-through" the effects at 25km or less and see the target.

Sometimes your own plane has ECM and you can use it against the enemy aircraft (and SAM/AAA systems).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Thanks, so ECM can not confuse the missiles to think the target range is closer than where it really is. but I think I have a new problem. Yesterday night, I was fly Su-27 mission escrot bomber, it goes well. I can lock on F-15 and avoid 2 or 3 missiles untill it has 2 less 15km range and launch to kill. But after that, I tryed Su-27 mission furball. I can not even beat Mirage. How can that be? Is mirage better than F-15? I changed my Su-27 to Su-33. that Mirage avoid 4 of my R-27EM and 1 R-27ET and launch the MIC to get me kill. I can not believe it. I was in a A of 5000, it has a A of 1000. So I launched my first R-27EM at distant of less than 40km, 2nd launched with a distant of 35km, third -- 25km, 4th --- 18km, R-27ET --- 15. And then ---"BOOM" I dead.

I had TWS onto him at all time, that Mirage never fly faster than 500km/h.

with only a little movement, it avoid 5 of my missile. Every time when I want to avoid missile, I have to fly in high speed with High G. How can he do something like that? There must be some skill that trainning mission did not teach us.

I may add that MIC is some kind of unavoidable. I tried everything. I just can not avoid it unless I break radar lock I may have a little chance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ECM is actually not like "fog" but rather background noise so you can't distingush the real thing from a fake... it doesn't make you can't see but makes you see more than what's really there, hence confusing you (the radar) which one is real

No longer active in DCS...

ECM is actually not like "fog" but rather background noise so you can't distingush the real thing from a fake... it doesn't make you can't see but makes you see more than what's really there, hence confusing you (the radar) which one is real

Yes,ECM makes illusive electromagnetic wave whose frequency character is similar to the one your missile works,and your missiles error is becoming bigger and bigger,of course it goes to a fake one

[sIGPIC]http://forum.lockon.ru/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33780&dateline=1162118309[/sIGPIC]

犯我天威者,虽远必诛!