DME?

Zilch

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, feel free to shut this down if that's the case.

The Hawk module lacks DME. I was hoping to use it as my Western IFR trainer, but the lack of DME kinda hampers that.

Does the module lackit because the actual aircraft lacks DME, as well?

That seems like an odd thing for a jet trainer to not carry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

• ED Team

I dont think the real T1 had DME, someone will correct me if I am wrong

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It is a bit more complex, than yes or no... ;)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2957537

Edit: So you won't have DME but TACAN and VOR Navigation, so you can do triangulation... Challenging, especially with wind. Yet something that could be really cool in MP with backseat and one guy flying while the other plots a course with card and CR-3... :D

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I guess there are mostly TACANs on the Brittish isles then, eh? If that was exported to a country with more VOR-DME heavy areas (and a lack of TACANs, like Finland) you would've ordered a DME built in. Then again I guess the export hawks are mostly different variants with differing equipment.

The FiAF Mk51 for example doesn't have UHF radios at all. Only two VHF. No TACAN either. Just VOR/ILS and a DME.

DCS Finland | SF squadron