Viggen in Depth - 01 - Cold and Dark

Cobra847

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!

Was the recording done using two different Missions? I see the fuel indicator alternating between 100 and 120%?

Love the internal sound, and don´t care much about the external one.

You should have read this post then:

A custom soundset will be available for the external, however, we cant implement it on our own, hence its not in yet. :)

Awesome job on the cockpit and instruments! I have been sitting in the AJSH37 at Lelystad and it all looks very familiar.

One question though: I have been lucky enough to have been in the pilot's seat for a few minutes when it was demilitarised by the Swedish crew. They did activate the electric system while I was in it and among others I noticed the compass ring moving at startup to the right position with a soft ticking sound (the aircraft had been moved since it's last flight). Is that simulated too?

How (s)low can you go

I noticed much abrupt shaking upon rolling on runway. Is the landing gear this stiff, or what`s up with that?

After seeing plenty of cockpit footage of takeoff and landing in Viggens, I think its either the runways in the Caucasus region being made of those concrete panels, or LNS just wants to make another module shake :lol: But I don't think it is that bumpy irl, and they'll possibly give us an option to adjust the shakiness. :thumbup:

Any news on a English cockpit for the Viggen? Could not find anything on the forum about this.

Cockpit looking great! Also very interested in the Viggen map! Cant wait to see that for the first time!

i5 7600K OC 4.4, MSI Z270 Sli plus GTX 1080 OC, 2x16 GB Memory 3000 MHz, Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog, VKB pedals TrackIR 5.

Any news on a English cockpit for the Viggen? Could not find anything on the forum about this.

Cockpit looking great! Also very interested in the Viggen map! Cant wait to see that for the first time!

Those numbers where he programmed 9099 usually describe heading and distance to waypoints. First 3 digits direction last 3 digits distance in hectometers. so 99.9km is the max displayable range between waypoints.

Awesome job on the cockpit and instruments! I have been sitting in the AJSH37 at Lelystad and it all looks very familiar.

One question though: I have been lucky enough to have been in the pilot's seat for a few minutes when it was demilitarised by the Swedish crew. They did activate the electric system while I was in it and among others I noticed the compass ring moving at startup to the right position with a soft ticking sound (the aircraft had been moved since it's last flight). Is that simulated too?

Would be very cool indeed.

My community and I, as well as the DCS community are very excited to experience your work. Thank you for sharing. The future looks bright. :)

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2