Viggen in Depth - 01 - Cold and Dark

Cobra847

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Returning to the data cartridge, I put up a bunch of fairly obscure stuff I can't be bothered to PDF-ify on my Google Drive if you want to go even deeper into the rabbit hole. There's a little bit more on the cartridge in the "Fpl AJS37 beskrivning del 4" folder, IMG_0862.jpg and onwards.

By the way did you know a JA 37B capable of carrying rb 15 and rb 75 was proposed as early as 1979? I guess that explains why that designation was never used and we went straight to C-mod (edit 32) and then JA 37D.

Renhanxue, the "tie" indicates fuel required for the mission including reserve. Can't recall if alternate is included though. If it says 65% you should be able to start with 65%, fly your mission and then land with a reserve which you can define through an address code.

Right, that's what I get for speaking from memory instead of just checking the manual.

Here is a short translated sum up of the data cartridge:

It is both a RAM module and a CPU. Total RAM is 8 Mbyte (128 k is reserved for the application).

When connected to the aircraft it adds extra CPU power that can be utilized for navigation (Ternav).

It has an internal battery that holds the data for 18.2 h (internal clock that has no relation to the actual battery capacity).

It is connected through an 18 pin connector to the 1553B bus.

Three main purposes:

· Store and transfer mission data to the aircraft

· Store and transfer data and program to the terrain navigation system (Ternav) and execute the programs when necessary (communicating with the CK)

· Register and store data from the aircraft (from the A27L warner and CK variables of special interest. Some are stored continuous and some only upon certain events)

Thanks to this functionality it is possible to do some mission evaluation by both technicians and pilots.

I really like the lighting!! I wish all modules had something like this.. I have some comments about the sounds though: I don't hear any road noise during take-off. The aircraft seems to be shaking but no rumbling shaking noise etc.. It would be nice to have some.. I can also clearly hear the engine noise sound looping (noticeably repeating itself) every couple of seconds. It would be nice to use a longer sample or remove distinct parts of it.

The cockpit is great, also love all those clicking sounds and the excellent view. But once it switches to external sound it is like a jump back into a sim from the 90s.

It's the default Su-25 sound. Apparently Leatherneck needs ED's help to implement their own sounds.

Request to the experts:

At 3.06 Cobra checks the "AFK Lever", back on the left side of the seat!

What is it for?

Parking brake?

Or AFK for the Automatik Fart Kontroll?

In the translated cockpit charts of BY (Big Thanks BTW) he thought of an emergency brake, but was not sure...

Request to the experts:

At 3.06 Cobra checks the "AFK Lever", back on the left side of the seat!

What is it for?

Parking brake?

Or AFK for the Automatik Fart Kontroll?

In the translated cockpit charts of BY (Big Thanks BTW) he thought of an emergency brake, but was not sure...

Yes, its the automatic fart control (aka autothrottle)

• Like 1

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Yes, its the automatic fart control (aka autothrottle)

It's also the Throttle friction lever, full up means full friction bottom is the lowest friction setting you can have, and if you push it down past a little stop you are now in AFK Automatisk fart kontroll (automatic speed control),

If i remember correctly with gears up it is set to 600km/h down it is set to 300km/h. :)

• Like 1

It's also the Throttle friction lever, full up means full friction bottom is the lowest friction setting you can have, and if you push it down past a little stop you are now in AFK Automatisk fart kontroll (automatic speed control),

If i remember correctly with gears up it is set to 600km/h down it is set to 300km/h. :)

With the gear up it keeps a speed of 550km/h, and with the gear down it has 2 modes. In both it tries to keep a selected alpha, either 12° or 15,5°.:thumbup:

• Like 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

I noticed another thing in the video. There seems to be an engine sound before the engine is started. You can hear it when the throttle is taken out of idle at about 50 seconds in.

My crappy old X-52 spazzed out in that moment and made a ruckus, I edited it out pretty roughly in the video, hence the "artifact" :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/