Just my thoughts.

I my self have not had any major problems with starforce but another system which has proven popular and effective is the Live for Speed system, quick and effective. it discorages piracy as each user has their own login to use one at a time. granted this may not work in lockon as LFS is predomiately an online game.

Oh but I do worry - not because you "voiced your anger ages ago", but because you never seem to do anything else.

Considering that my job is to moderate the forum, which BTW includes enforcing the policies of ED concerning Starforce ranting, the above is in fact a direct concern of mine......unlike whether ED's choice of CP system is loosing them customers or not :) .

In this connection I cannot help to be a little suspicious when people say that they "haven't had any problems with Starforce personally, but...." and then proceed to say that they are speaking on behalf of other people who won't buy products containing Starforce and claim to be concerned about ED's sales figures because of it.

If you think you can threaten us to allow anti-starforce campaigning and ranting on this forum("change our attitude"), by saying that you won't be buying another ED product if we don't, then I am afraid you have to think again mate :) .

It is eveybody's choice to buy a product or not based on it's contents - it is ED's exclusively to decide on a CP system for their products......and whether to debate that business choice publically on their forum.

- JJ.

JJ

Oh but I do worry - not because you "voiced your anger ages ago", but because you never seem to do anything else.

Considering that my job is to moderate the forum, which BTW includes enforcing the policies of ED concerning Starforce ranting, the above is in fact a direct concern of mine......unlike whether ED's choice of CP system is loosing them customers or not :) .

In this connection I cannot help to be a little suspicious when people say that they "haven't had any problems with Starforce personally, but...." and then proceed to say that they are speaking on behalf of other people who won't buy products containing Starforce and claim to be concerned about ED's sales figures because of it.

If you think you can threaten us to allow anti-starforce campaigning and ranting on this forum("change our attitude"), by saying that you won't be buying another ED product if we don't, then I am afraid you have to think again mate :) .

It is eveybody's choice to buy a product or not based on it's contents - it is ED's exclusively to decide on a CP system for their products......and whether to debate that business choice publically on their forum.

- JJ.

Did you read my post at all? I never said I wouldn't buy based on the fact you use Starforce. Your attitude is horrific, and calling mine into question is really unprofessional.

I never tried to start an "Anti-Starforce campaign". I worded my OP very carefully as to be objective.

Let me try again for the cheap seats : People have concerns about SF, do you understand that it may be more effective to help them with said concerns as opposed to saying "No Black Shark for you?".

Anyway, Enough of this.

S

There are no doubt that LO loose 80 % of customers . Period

Now there are fixes about SF screwing DVD or CD rom's it's true.

Easy fix by flashing your DVD or CD rom.

Is true that now It's hard to drop and copy a file into your cd burner from WIndows itself.

A fix need to be made for this and ED should and Have too work on this.

Fly it like you stole it..

I think Alfa is just a volunteer asked to moderate this board and getting no money from ED. Right?

Correct.

As mentioned above ED's choice of protection system is no concern of mine - but people ranting about it on this forum is :) .

- JJ.

JJ

I dont understand how Alfa can bring up the topic of anti-starforce rants. Sharkypal came here with a genuine observation on something which he thought was an issue and you just blew him away. He never ratned about the issue in a negative way. He only said negative things about the attitude to issues of certain people.

In the end we are all customers and the ONLY reason I will buy black shark now is in the case that everyone else does so I can keep flying online. Your single minded views are a real turn off and dont do good pr for the game and its creators. I understand you may have a job but there are nicer ways to say things.

Bring people up for spreading rumours, starting rants, swearing, putting others down. But dont bring people up for voicing genuine concerns,.,

=IronAngels=

Http://www.ironangelslockonsquad.com

Iron Angels Lockon Squad

Iron Angels: The Proud, The Few, The Elite

My only concern is that I'm on my last activation for the dload version of flaming cliffs.

I've taken about 4 months off away from the game now im back with no activations left. FC has never been on more than 1 pc that I own. I have upgraded it many times (3 vid cards, 2gig ram,new sata hd's)to get the most out of the sim my pocket book will allow. SF took 2 activations first install and 3 from upgrading my vidcards.

I dont mind having starforce on my machine but i should be able to install it as many times as I wish on my machine also. I paid to use the software for 1 machine. Now after I upgrade to conroe/g80 I will have no activations left.

Sorry I have not been around much to know if ED will Give back activations or not? Anyone in the know please respond?

Guest IguanaKing

Your best bet is to e-mail EDs technical support, explain the situation to them, and ask for more activations. Now, I won't speak for them in saying whether or not they will do it, but others have been successful in asking for more activations. :)

This has been discussed a bazillion times. If I got a nikel for each starforce protest thread I could buy dual core already. ;)

Chances are you already had bough other games with protection systems of the same sort. CD check is not VD. I simply dont understand this aproach. Seems to me many peaople like to have pet loathings, and embark on hatred bandwagons too easely. Bill gates is filthy rich...lets hate him and adopt LINUX that doesnt support much software but itself alone... pretty layout, now what do I do with it? :D

Thats not funny you!!! :mad: lol

Yeah I agree. They're just ranting.

Considering that my job is to moderate the forum, which BTW includes enforcing the policies of ED concerning Starforce ranting, the above is in fact a direct concern of mine.

Yeah, get them ranters.

You know, they're just ranting.

I wholehartedly agree. No ranter is gonna change our way of life here!

Yeah, you either buy it and shut up with the ranting, or don't buy it and rant as much as you want. We don't care as it would no longer hurt our feelings.

I love ED, they're the best and I will buy Black Shark + Starforce premium edition.

I'm gonna FIGHT the ranters! smilies-17988.pngsmilies-17990.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I dont understand how Alfa can bring up the topic of anti-starforce rants. Sharkypal came here with a genuine observation on something which he thought was an issue and you just blew him away. He never ratned about the issue in a negative way. He only said negative things about the attitude to issues of certain people.

In the end we are all customers and the ONLY reason I will buy black shark now is in the case that everyone else does so I can keep flying online. Your single minded views are a real turn off and dont do good pr for the game and its creators. I understand you may have a job but there are nicer ways to say things.

Bring people up for spreading rumours, starting rants, swearing, putting others down. But dont bring people up for voicing genuine concerns,.,

I hae serious doubts about how many people will buy BS. Let´s thinik about this: ED has already told us that there will be nothing new about fighters, also, we do know that there will be no actual bugs fixed. The only new thing will be that heli, wich for sure is nice an interesting but... start to use that instead of fighters? How much people are willing to put $$$ just for that and knowing that things will not be improved or at least some things fixed in the actual fighters?

And by the way: ED´s way to deal with custoimers is something "famous" by this time, I don´t think they have a proper customer deparment :P

Your best bet is to e-mail EDs technical support, explain the situation to them, and ask for more activations. Now, I won't speak for them in saying whether or not they will do it, but others have been successful in asking for more activations. :)

Thank you for info. Email sent with info of my accnt and purchase.