Game aircraft icons question please

uscstaylor

Hey Gents

I was hoping someone can tell me if there's a template for the aircraft icons at the bottom of the main screen. I am trying to make new icons to replace the generic ones for the modded aircraft that I have. Here's a screen shot of a couple of icons in my game. The ones circled are a bit larger and I want to shrink them down a bit. If I hold the cursor over it they appear to be the correct size but once I move cursor away then they become larger again..Help help

It would be great if someone has done a tutorial on this.

Thanks

Screen_161218_154029.jpg

there is no tutorial,

it's a simple png w/ transparency the entire image is 76x76. but the actual icon is smaller than the image size. .

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Skate when you say w/Transparency how do you make that happen. I open up the file and resize it then I save it as a png file. Then once i have it in game and load the game up it shows slightly larger until you place the mouse on it then it shrinks...I really cant see how Im doing this wrong. I mean it should be very simple...one would think?

Well I'm about to give up. I have done this on PSP, Adobe, and Corel. Each and every time I make it at 76x76 as a png. The file is larger then the others and still collapses into the correct size once the cursor is sitting on it. It there another file extension you can us like bmp or tga

Edited by uscstaylor

Well I was finally able to get it as close to the original as possible. The png image size is actually 86x86 and the picture in the center of the png is 72x72, then save it as a .png file. I used Adobe Photoshop to do them. If any one need any help please send me a pm.

Here's a screen now much much better. No more collapsing image icons.

Screen_161219_163448.jpg

Well I'm about to give up. I have done this on PSP, Adobe, and Corel. Each and every time I make it at 76x76 as a png. The file is larger then the others and still collapses into the correct size once the cursor is sitting on it. It there another file extension you can us like bmp or tga

you need:

icon.png (No highlights, Just Icon, 86x86 )

icon_buy.png (no highlights, no color (black and white), 86x86 )

icon_select.png (selection highlight, 86x86 )

icon_active.png (active highlight, 86x86 )

icon_select_buy.png (selection highlight, 86x86 )

icon_buy_active.png (active selection highlight, 86x86 )

icon 76x76.png (No Highlights, 76x76 )

icon-38x38.png (No highlights, 38x38 )

Attached is a basic PSD for Base Layer, and the 2 highlights @ 86x86, just paste your image for your icon, scale to fit, delete any extra image outside of the base layer perimeter.

for 76x76 and 38x38 pngs, just open the icon.png, resize and save as new png.

ICON_BASIC.zip

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Thanks a lot Skate,

Question though why don't I have the listed below .png files in all of my folders?

icon_buy_active.png

icon_buy.png

icon_select_buy.png

I have showing in everyone of my folders the 5 following png's.

icon.png

icon_76x76.png

icon_38x38.png

icon_select.png

icon_active.png

The reason why I'm asking is cause if I'm not showing the correct ones then that might have been the problem?

P.S. Im glad that we are getting to the bottom of this cause it will sure help others in the future. Salute!

Edited by uscstaylor

Thanks a lot Skate,

Question though why don't I have the listed below .png files in all of my folders?

icon_buy_active.png

icon_buy.png

icon_select_buy.png

I have showing in everyone of my folders the 5 following png's.

icon.png

icon_76x76.png

icon_38x38.png

icon_select.png

icon_active.png

The reason why I'm asking is cause if I'm not showing the correct ones then that might have been the problem?

P.S. Im glad that we are getting to the bottom of this cause it will sure help others in the future. Salute!

icons are used in other places other than the main menu.

But:

icon.png (No highlights, Just Icon, 86x86 ), Displayed When mod is set as installed (installed = true

icon_buy.png (no highlights, no color (black and white), 86x86 ), Displayed when mod is set as installed = false or files are missing

icon_select.png (selection highlight, 86x86 ), Displayed when mouse over,

icon_active.png (active highlight, 86x86 ), Displayed when clicked

icon_select_buy.png (selection highlight, 86x86 ), displayed when installed = false or files missing and mouse over

icon_buy_active.png (active selection highlight, 86x86 ), displayed when installed = false or files missing and clicked

icon 76x76.png (No Highlights, 76x76 ) displayed in left side of Training Menu Select Dialog

icon-38x38.png (No highlights, 38x38 ) displayed in left side of Mission Menu Select Dialog

As a usermod that's either installed or not, you will not need the "buy" icons at all.

Edited by SkateZilla