Wingman and Tower Stuck after update 12/16

Hi, First of all I wanted to thank and congratulate you for the beautiful campaign. It's amazing!

I realized that the first time I did the 04 mission everything was normal, but I was caught by a AAA and already saw, restart mission ....

The second attempt the wingmans were only stopped with the standard lights, and the control tower accepted to taxi and soon denied the taxiing, The wingmans responded taxiing , But still stopped.

I continued with the taxi and at the head of the lane 8, I requested takeoff, the tower Accepted And then denied.

So i start the mission again, and again, the bug still remaning.

I tried again, took off all wrong and then requested landing, The tower denied and asked me to go to the alternative.

More information:

*When the tower accept start engines, the wingmans starts normal.

*The 2 weeks I upgraded here on the pc, the windows 10 this new 64bits, only has the dcs installed and the modules, everything new.

*Dcs ver 1.5.560338.212 yesterday, I think it's this new version from yesterday, because the old one before SPITFIRE LF MK was all okay

*Mission 04 nowhere to run.

*I would not want to be installing and uninstalling the module and starting the campaign at all times, I read the whole topic.

I hope it has helped some solution.

*Today ( 12 / 18 ) i removing the campaign in the module manager and then installing it again, not work, same problem.

Thanks Again

Edited by Chacina

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

Right now there is a bug effecting triggers and voiceovers in most DLC campaigns. ED is aware and working on a resolution, sorry about the issues, out of my hands at the moment.

Thank you, Ranger79!

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

Hi, First of all I wanted to thank and congratulate you for the beautiful campaign. It's amazing!

I realized that the first time I did the 04 mission everything was normal, but I was caught by a AAA and already saw, restart mission ....

The second attempt the wingmans were only stopped with the standard lights, and the control tower accepted to taxi and soon denied the taxiing, The wingmans responded taxiing , But still stopped.

I continued with the taxi and at the head of the lane 8, I requested takeoff, the tower Accepted And then denied.

So i start the mission again, and again, the bug still remaning.

I tried again, took off all wrong and then requested landing, The tower denied and asked me to go to the alternative.

More information:

*When the tower accept start engines, the wingmans starts normal.

*The 2 weeks I upgraded here on the pc, the windows 10 this new 64bits, only has the dcs installed and the modules, everything new.

*Dcs ver 1.5.560338.212 yesterday, I think it's this new version from yesterday, because the old one before SPITFIRE LF MK was all okay

*Mission 04 nowhere to run.

*I would not want to be installing and uninstalling the module and starting the campaign at all times, I read the whole topic.

I hope it has helped some solution.

*Today ( 12 / 18 ) i removing the campaign in the module manager and then installing it again, not work, same problem.

Thanks Again

Today's patch should have fixed the issues, please report back if you are still finding problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ok, today i a have time to play!

First, i update the game to ver. 1.5.5.60503 (I thought, ok this time they resolve all problems, i read the update notes)

Start the game , all ok , let's play the campaing!

Load the mission, ask for start engines, ok let's see the winmans, ops nothing... no engines starts...

ok, lets continue .... ask for taxi, tower say: ok go to runaway 8, 5 seconds pass tower say: Taxi denied.

Same history....

So i did that again, i removing the campaign in the module manager and then installing it again , same problem, no wingman.

But this time i can do the mission alone, all work fine in mission, not the wingmans.

Thank you again Ranger79.

I know the problem is not the campaign but it's some bug in the game itself.

Sorry for the bad English, but I think you can understand.

Edited by Chacina

System:

Ok, today i a have time to play!

First, i update the game to ver. 1.5.5.60503 (I thought, ok this time they resolve all problems, i read the update notes)

Start the game , all ok , let's play the campaing!

Load the mission, ask for start engines, ok let's see the winmans, ops nothing... no engines starts...

ok, lets continue .... ask for taxi, tower say: ok go to runaway 8, 5 seconds pass tower say: Taxi denied.

Same history....

So i did that again, i removing the campaign in the module manager and then installing it again , same problem, no wingman.

But this time i can do the mission alone, all work fine in mission, not the wingmans.

Thank you again Ranger79.

I know the problem is not the campaign but it's some bug in the game itself.

Sorry for the bad English, but I think you can understand.

Thank you for reporting, I have reported this issue to ED.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thank you Ranger79, ED update the game any say to us:

- Triggers. Group is dead rule will working for air units

- The Piercing Fury Campaign. AI wingmen will starting up on mission 6.

I thank everyone who participated in this topic and ED for working hard and solving our problem.

System:

I have just done mission 4. My flight turned their lights on but would not taxi for takeoff, so I had to do the mission by myself.

Then arriving back to Kutaisi I thought "Cool, now I won't need to wait for all those stupid AI to land after me". So I checked the the SAM threats through F10 and immediately those bastards started coming alive, so I had to wait for them to takeoff and then land, including three go arounds by #4. :-(

PS: I am on the latest patch 1.5.5 Update 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Similarly for mission 6. Wingmen with lights on, but won't taxi. ATC allows me to taxi then cancels authorization. I takeoff anyway. Coming back, ATC wanted me to divert to alternate. The runway was clear, I landed anyway. This time my wingmen did not move at all.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, seems the issue is pretty random. I am on mission 9 and they started before the most recent patch but now they won't start.

Edit: Got them to start up randomly... instead of doing the Alt-F4 so I don't get a mission failure on my logbook I exited properly. When I went back in they started up like normal. Not sure if that is a coincidence or not though.

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

• 3 weeks later...

I have this issue too. It's a bit annoying that it's still not fixed after 2 or 3 weeks. I'm sure it's possible to fly the missions solo, but the reason I pay for a campaign is the added immersion. Having three hogs in the parking area not moving because of a bug is a pretty good way to remind you that you are playing a game and break immersion.

Here's to hoping it'll be fixed soon!

Same issue here on mission 4.

Tried it solo and it sure helps to have your flight available.

Tower says its ok to taxi, then not, ok, then not. I ignore tower, get to RW and tower says clear, then not clear. Ignored that TO, tried mission, get shot up pretty bad, go to make landing, tells me to use alternate.

That tower dude is an A-hole :-)

I have the same problems with mission 7. And with all the vehicles you have to take out you need your flight with you to complete the mission. Hope this bug is fixed quick. Is this bug effecting the enemy within campaign? If not I'll purchase that untill a fix comes around.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

This bug is still active in the 1.5.6 beta.

Bought this campaign over a month ago and I still haven't been able to fly the first mission, from what I understand this is an issue on ED's end but this needs to be fixed ASAP.

I'm stuck on mission 6 and am really NOT PLEASED to see this still isn't fixed.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Guys, I understand your frustration, but this issue is out of my hands. The only thing I can think of is to submit the campaign with Hawg Flight in a HOT start vs COLD start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Not your fault Ranger, this is an issue on ED's end, don't mistake the direction of our frustrations, it's ED we're angry at, not you.

Cold starts are part of what makes DCS special, it would be a shame to lose them but if you can start the players aircraft COLD and the rest of Hawg HOT I would be ok with that, not sure how others would feel. Unfortunately it would only be a temporary fix to a larger problem that's completely out of your hands.

I'm sure you're as frustrated as we are, if not more.

• ED Team

Guys it is a difficult situation at the moment, we can not reproduce on our builds.

Please remove the campaign using the module manager restart DCS and reinstall the campaign again

let us know if it helps or not

if not please attach your logs straight after and we will take a look at them for clues

also add to your posts if you are using any unofficial modifications

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Update.

Billycrusher and I have been looking at this and we have reproduced, when the missions are loaded from the campaign menu, we see the issue on a first load.

If we launch them from the editor as individual missions we have no issue.

ED are working to find the cause as a priority

if I get more info I will pass it on

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2