MaxFlightStick Huey throttle setting issue.

BrokenTools

Hello,

I am using the Max Flight Stick with twist throttle and my question is, why cant I get the fuel to shut off when I press the twist lock button and roll it 100% of the way off. I am sure I am missing a setting in DCS somewhere but I am not sure where to find it. the only way I can fully shut the fuel off is by pressing the lock button the the in game collective and then pressing PageDown.

The same also goes for cold starts, I need to press PageUp before it will let me roll on the throttle on the collective.

The twist throttle works great once its in the idle position.

Any help would be appreciated I would really like to use the throttle axis on my collective for startup and shutdown.

Thanks!

-BrokenTools :joystick:

Nope, you're not missing anything. The throttle axis only works from idle to full throttle. Below idle requires keyboard (or mapped button) input. Unfortunately there's no way to really stop your throttle input from going below idle without it jumping to full cutoff once you've pressed the idle stop release. There's no mechanical stop on your stick.

So the bottom line is you'll need to do it the way you described, page up (or a mapped button on your stick) to get to idle then throttle axis to control anywhere between idle and full throttle. To cut off the engine, press the release button (again by keyboard or a mapped button) and page down or mapped button to decrease to cut-off.

I, too, wish there was a better way but I find mapping buttons on my throttle work fairly reasonably after a few times getting used to it.

Highspeed

That really sucks. Because I do have a mechanical stop on my twist throttle that I have to press to roll it all the way off. Perhaps at some point dcs will update for this functionality. Oh well I guess I'll just keep using key bindings.

I can't see what DCS can do because it is just part of your throttle axis. If you have a switch that is unused on your collective, you could always position and wire to your own button below the mechanical button and when that is locked it could depress your own button.

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.