Gun sound comes and goes

Reflected

Same, especially when performance gets a bit choppy it happens more often. This occurs in the 109 as well sometimes.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

DCS 1.5.5.60338.212

Same issue, very noticeable in mission "Battle over the Lake". Most of the time the sound of guns or cannons is not heard.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Similar issue as F-86 engine sound cutting out completely every now and then? The reason for that one was never found I recall. Given its intermittent nature, I fear reproducing it will be difficult for the Spit as well.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Please provide a track so we can reproduce. Thanks!

I'll give it a try. I posted a log for the F-86 problem that is mentioned above (perhaps linked to this issue?), a while ago, but we never had any feedback. Not sure it helps?

Just a thought: usually the tracks are not working for the Spitfire, they do something entirely different when replayed. So perhaps it should be made with another aircraft.

BTW, would it be possible to increase the size limit of the forums somewhat? Those tracks hardly go below 5 MB... :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Here is a track file, which is small and works on replay. Also included the log.

It really depends, I had to try several times, here the first salvo was barely audible so I sprayed some more bullets to show the problem, hopefully it's convincing and reproducible.

spit.no-sound.trk

dcs.log.txt

Similar issue as F-86 engine sound cutting out completely every now and then? The reason for that one was never found I recall. Given its intermittent nature, I fear reproducing it will be difficult for the Spit as well.

Yes, I had it absent in the cockpit when restarting a training mission then pressed F2 for a look-around and the sound was there. Then pressing F1 and going back into the cockpit it was back to normal sound.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

If that's the same problem, same for the F-86 in fact.

But thanks! Just in case, I've posted a link to the track and log here, the thread you mention contains no information to help the devs.

Wow glad i found this thread in F2 i was getting no sound from guns i put 12 spitfires into a fur ball.

Edit: Engines sounds also missing in external while switching aircraft, I put 20 or so spits and 104's into a fur ball with sounds missing.

Ive included the mission i made im going between aircraft with no engine sounds or gun sounds.

[ATTACH]153936[/ATTACH]

Edited by Coxy_99